Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free WiFi Hotspots in Kerry

Options
  • 25-07-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

I think it would be a good idea for people to list all of the FREE WiFi hotspots that are available around Kerry.

The List so far:

Killarney
    • Killarney Outlet Center
    • McDonalds
    • O'Briens Irish Sandwich Bar (Beech Rd and Outlet Center as above)

Tralee
    • McDonalds
    • Spar - Oakpark (registration required)
    • The Daily Grind
    • O'Donnells Mounthawk

Waterville
    • Butler Arms Hotel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dmeehan wrote: »
    I think it would be a good idea for people to list all of the FREE WiFi hotspots that are available around Kerry.

Can someone start the ball rolling?

Great thread idea dmeehan.

The Killarney Outlet Centre have FREE wi-fi according to this :)
    Killarney Outlet Centre Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the centre to ensure that all customers to the wide range of shops in the Killarney Outlet Centre have free access to the Internet with their wireless devices.
    Anyone can, and is very welcome to use the free service provided by the Killarney Outlet Centre once they have a laptop, Wi-Fi phone, or other suitable portable device that they can use to access the wireless connection provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Baileys is the only place I can think of.

One thing worth remembering though, if you are an eircom/emobile or meteor customer you have free access to all eircom hotspots. There are hubs in all the payphones

http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/coverage-map/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's free wifi in the Daily Grind in Tralee and there's a wifi hotspot in Spar up in Oakpark. You need to connect & get a password I think as it won't automatically connect.
    Someone was telling me that the Tralee Chamer Alliance were trying to get the businesses in town to start offering free wifi to customers. It doesn't cost them anything extra to offer it!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

McDonalds in Killarney, I presume the McD's in Tralee has it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Butler Arms Hotel in Waterville. No password required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

One thing worth remembering though, if you are an eircom/emobile or meteor customer you have free access to all eircom hotspots. There are hubs in all the payphones

Baileys in Tralee?? (just to be sure)

I've added a list of all the replies to the first post to make it easier to find

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Just on from that, a relatively cheap way of getting a username and password for yourself for the eircom wifi hotspots is to buy the refurbished €9.99 broadband stick from Meteor below.
    Once activated on a PC, your unique logon credentials are sent to the text message function on the broadband connection program on your PC.
    You can use credentials to logon on any mobile, ipad, laptop etc after that, and as its pay as you go for the broadband, you don't have a contract. Simples :D

http://www1.meteor.ie/mobilebroadband/payg/#5:5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Baileys in Tralee?? (just to be sure)

I've added a list of all the replies to the first post to make it easier to find

O'Donnells of Mounthawk have WIFI:):):)

I've added O'Briens Irish Sandwich bar to the list. They have free wifi in their Beech Rd store (just ask at till for passwd) and you can access the Outlet Ceter's free wifi in their store upstairs in the Outlet Center.

Are there any other hotspots available in Killarney??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Paddy Macs bar in Tralee have free wifi.

• Advertisement

Free Wifi Hotspots in Kerry

Killarney
    • McDonalds

Tralee
    • McDonalds
    • The Daily Grind
    • O'Donnells Mounthawk
    • Paddy Macs

Waterville
    • Butler Arms Hotel

The List so far:

Killarney
    • McDonalds

Tralee
    • McDonalds
    • The Daily Grind
    • O'Donnells Mounthawk

Waterville
    • Butler Arms Hotel

Turners bar in Tralee have free wifi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Gallys out the Killorglin Road. Guy serving me breakfast one morning when I was down told me and gave me the password.

Free Wifi Hotspots in Kerry

Killarney
    • McDonalds

Tralee
    • McDonalds
    • The Daily Grind
    • O'Donnells Mounthawk
    • Paddy Macs
    • Turners Bar
    • Gallys

Waterville
    • Butler Arms Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

in Ballybunion, there are free wifi spots (albeit sometimes they are not turned on!) in:
    Kilcooleys Bar & Restaurant
    Tintean Theatre

missjm wrote: »
    Gallys out the Killorglin Road. Guy serving me breakfast one morning when I was down told me and gave me the password.
    and the password is ....

As for some unknown reason I can only edit a post once, I have created a page to list the wifi locations on Kerry News blog, here is the link kerrynews.wordpress.com/wifi

Please continue to post your updates here, and I will update the page. I will post here also when there are updates made.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

and the password is ....

Ah, this was back end of April - can't remember now but obviously they're more than happy to provide it to customers.

Some more locations added to http://kerrynews.wordpress.com/wifi/

Just a reminder, please add any free wifi hotspots you know off

• Advertisement

Added two new Wifi hotspots in Killarney: The Olde Killarney Inn & The Lake Hotel

Kerry News Blog - Free Wifi Hotspots in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lady Missus

I used to use the wifi outside the Library in Tralee.

Has anyone heard any more about the following, taken from here:
    •Discussions and arrangements have been ongoing for the previous number of months with Bitbuzz in relation to having free Wi-Fi on the streets of Killarney. It is hoped that the free Wi-Fi will be available in Killarney by Christmas with four buildings in the town centre having been identified and agreed upon for the installation of the transmitters. The coverage will range from the Friary to lower New Street, High Street to Kenmare Place and the surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Baileys, The Blasket, The Abbey and the Greyhound Bar all have free wi-fi.

I've update the list with these additions. http://wp.me/P3z4a-fj

Thanks all for your continued help with this.

I've update the list with these additions. http://wp.me/P3z4a-fj

Thanks all for your continued help with this.

the Gluten Free Kitchen Co. cafe has free wifi. Its in Ivy Terrace, Tralee (right next to Four Star Pizza, up the stairs).

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any more about the following, taken from here:
    •Discussions and arrangements have been ongoing for the previous number of months with Bitbuzz in relation to having free Wi-Fi on the streets of Killarney. It is hoped that the free Wi-Fi will be available in Killarney by Christmas with four buildings in the town centre having been identified and agreed upon for the installation of the transmitters. The coverage will range from the Friary to lower New Street, High Street to Kenmare Place and the surrounding areas.

In the interest of keeping this thread updated: The answer has been provided here.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Killarney Royal Hotel, the Killarney Park Hotel and Brehon Hotel all have free wifi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dratherer

killarney country club ( faha court ) has free wi fi.

Advertisement