Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Association of Body Modification Artists In Ireland (ABMAI)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

When your unable to answer the hard questions that are being asked it really doesnt inspire confidence that this will work.

I cant see why shops would have a problem paying a once off fee of 550 euro in order to have an inspection and gain there cert to ensure they meet proper standards.

If you make it reputable and a well recognised symbol within the industry then shops would also find it very hard to survive without it, but the only way to do that is to make it all above board and clear outlines on stadards that must be met to gain the certificiate not just turn up and pay a once off fee and then hang it in your shop without any kind of judgement on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

ABMAI, I'd have to agree with the sentiments/ questions raised by Hellrazer. Even in the doubtful scenario of this "contact" holding weight in a court of law, isn't it just a bit too reactive? You mentioned the example of baby Jane getting tattoos, well wouldn't it be better to be proactive and take steps to prevent that happening? Saying it will help after the fact is a bit too much of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted for me.

Advertisement