Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolest Trimaran ever! Ultraluxum CXL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dunno, it's nice and all, but I think the title of coolest trimaran has to go to a real boat - l’Hydroptère. She's good for about 50 knots...

hydroptere2.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I wonder what the mooring fees in Malahide would be for something like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Dunno, it's nice and all, but I think the title of coolest trimaran has to go to a real boat - l’Hydroptère. She's good for about 50 knots...

50 knots when she's the right way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

fergal.b wrote: »
    I wonder what the mooring fees in Malahide would be for something like that :D

its floats would probably run aground on the banks either side of the channel.

slightly off topic but the new 70 foot multi hulls that have taken over from the 60s are meant to be coming to dublin in august or september

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

neris wrote: »
    its floats would probably run aground on the banks either side of the channel.

slightly off topic but the new 70 foot multi hulls that have taken over from the 60s are meant to be coming to dublin in august or september

I saw one in Dun Laoghaire marina last year, almost as wide as it was long. Not especially mind blowing up close, more air and water than hull ;)

http://www.multionedesign.com/en/

Back in September it seems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement