Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childishness on Boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Insulting and saying someone is being thick is a bit different.

For example (I assume this is a complete lie) in this example: Enda is an idiot is a lot different from: Enda is an idiot for blowing the money from taxpayers on drink and nights out instead of sorting out the country.

You just can't slander people. Libel and all that rubbish

Wrong. Calling Enda Kenny an idiot would get a yellow (correct me if I'm wrong, could be wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Samich wrote: »
    Wrong. Calling Enda Kenny an idiot would get a yellow (correct me if I'm wrong, could be wrong)

That was my take on the rules. If you have a logical reason for calling someone famous an idiot, it's okay (as with any other name).

Obviously there are some exceptions but still, that was my take.

Or I could be very wrong and would probably be banned by now :P

That was my take on the rules. If you have a logical reason for calling someone famous an idiot, it's okay (as with any other name).

I'm just looking for an answer from a mod. The mod who gave me a yellow for it hasn't replied to my PM, and has since been banning more people.

I also had 2 threads created and one was locked because it wasn't in the right place and wasn't allowed to discuss it in the other as it was in the wrong place too.

I think I had a logical reason for saying "Some turds in this thread". I didn't even abuse anyone personally.

I think I had a logical reason for saying "Some turds in this thread". I didn't even abuse anyone personally.
    I thought that was what you got infracted for.
    I though soccer was a good bit harsher with the personal abuse rules.

Of course, I could be wrong. Did you PM who ever gave you the yellow?

• Advertisement

I thought that was what you got infracted for.
    I though soccer was a good bit harsher with the personal abuse rules.

Of course, I could be wrong. Did you PM who ever gave you the yellow?

Who's on about soccer? :P

Yeah I PM'd him and he didn't reply, saw him giving a warning or a yellow today even.

Who's on about soccer? :P

Yeah I PM'd him and he didn't reply, saw him giving a warning or a yellow today even.

I am. I'm tired though so I thought you were on about the infraction you got that happened in soccer? :o

But yeah give it 24 hours and try a CMod. Or just go to Dispute Resolution and explain you want to know what the story was with the yellow card.

I am. I'm tired though so I thought you were on about the infraction you got that happened in soccer? :o

But yeah give it 24 hours and try a CMod. Or just go to Dispute Resolution and explain you want to know what the story was with the yellow card.

Went with that route and wasn't allowed to discuss it there. My point is why didn't the other poster get a yellow.

Went with that route and wasn't allowed to discuss it there. My point is why didn't the other poster get a yellow.

I don't think that's either here nor there. I think you're just meant to dispute your own infractions/warnings etc.

I did see your thread just now (stalker powers :P) but yeah it's pretty clear to me.
    You posted something that was provocative and got carded.
    Now if you like, I can trade you a puck in the jaw and I'll take the yellow card? :D

Anyway, I dunno what you do about the other guy.
    Ask here I guess?

I don't think that's either here nor there. I think you're just meant to dispute your own infractions/warnings etc.

I did see your thread just now (stalker powers :P) but yeah it's pretty clear to me.
    You posted something that was provocative and got carded.
    Now if you like, I can trade you a puck in the jaw and I'll take the yellow card? :D

Anyway, I dunno what you do about the other guy.
    Ask here I guess?

Yeah but the question I want cleared up isn't being answered by any mods. Why won't they answer?

I abused the general people in the thread, the poster abused a person in the public eye. I insult Enda Kenny, I get a yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Why won't they answer?
    because they dont talk about what goes on with other boardsies.And if the other person didnt get a card it was because they didnt deserve a card.Get over it:rolleyes:

Its been all explained to ye in the DRP.

because they dont talk about what goes on with other boardsies.And if the other person didnt get a card it was because they didnt deserve a card.Get over it:rolleyes:

Its been all explained to ye in the DRP.

I'll take an answer from someone more higher up, thanks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I'll take an answer from someone more higher up, thanks :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    well ask for the answer on your DRP and not in a thread about childish behaviour in AH!:rolleyes:

again get over it was only a poxy card you got lol

Advertisement