Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Nagios

• 24-07-2012 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 JJJJNR

Hi All,

Looking for links to some good nagios resources,

I've never used it before but would like to get to know the application inside out! we have a small inhouse installation which monitors some essential servers and network resources but its really just used for email notifications etc.

I would like to push it up to a 42 inch screen and get a full NOC map displayed, I know this is basic enough, so am looking for some suggestions on what else people are using their nagios for.

Please be aware I'm a total noob here but very eager to get my head around it. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭ croo

There's a handy nagios add-on for firefox so you can be alerted from the browser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 JJJJNR

excellent will check this out, is there much setup on the server side to enable this..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 22,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Spear

croo wrote: »
    There's a handy nagios add-on for firefox so you can be alerted from the browser!

It's called NagiosChecker.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭ croo

JJJJNR wrote: »
    excellent will check this out, is there much setup on the server side to enable this..
    The firefox addon? No.
    Or Nagios in General? To be honest I used it on one project but I didn't set it up... but to my knowledge it was fairly straight forward. We used it to monitor a network of 40+, linux based, ePOS terminals across the UK & Ireland. It was a couple of years ago but I believe we just ensured there was a connection from each store & that certain services were running; a webserver, a local postgresql database server & a JMS Service (MQ queue).

Advertisement