Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noah - russell Crowe and Darren Aronofsky

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Did any of you notice that the star's in the sky were visible during the day in the Noah movie.
    And much bigger looking than the star's in the sky we see at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I actually loved this and found it fantastic especially the imagery - every scene seemed to have had something wowful imho!

Wanted to see it, but tbh wasnt sure what Id think of it and was really hoping for a not so preachy movie, bit dark that kinda made sense and it delivered all that for myself anyway!

Russel Crowe was superb I thought, best since Gladiator, also really wasnt what I expected at all, in a really really good way!
    Would go again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Looper007 wrote: »
    I don't know how to stick a photo up here but there's a photo of him (looking the worse for wear) in the voice over booth. He voices Samyaza one of the stone ceatures. Jesus it's amazing that Nolte was considered one of the biggest sex symbols once.

nick-nolte-noah.jpg

guess that's it, he's ages so much, even since Warrior and that was only a couple of years ago, was the last thing I saw him in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I thought the first part was good, what is essentially a ludicrous story was handled very well, Russell Crowe was excellent. Once the Arc set sail it went downhill with some terrible scenes from the female actors, so much so that it felt like a receiving a bit of bad news, the delivery of which went on for 40 minutes - couldn't wait for it to finish.

Overall, saved by Russell Crowe and some imaginative direction.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

This was a real mixed bag but ultimately worth it, the creation sequence being the great stand out.
    The stone monster nonsense at the start kind of put me at ease as you knew then it was to be more loosely based on the bible story than a faithful retelling.
    The director handled the darker aspects really well, the savagery of humans was all there to be seen.
    I thought Crowe was very good in the lead role, couldn't get over how much he looked like Oliver Reed at the end when he was swigging the wine.
    Ray Winstone plays Ray Winstone really hamming it up as Ray Winstone & is very good.
    Herominey looks as sexual as a 12 year old boy but that's deemed acceptable for some reason.
    It annoyed me that they dealt with logistics of getting the animals onto the ark but they glossed over the reverse process.
    Also, Noah's younger sons having to wait until their adopted sisters twin daughters were of age seemed a bit lecherous but we'll let that pass.

Aronofsky is at his best with dream & artistic sequences.
    I'd love to see him given a full free reign like Malick in Tree of Life just to see what ends up on screen.

Overall, 7/10

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    nick-nolte-noah.jpg

guess that's it, he's ages so much, even since Warrior and that was only a couple of years ago, was the last thing I saw him in

There's loads of pictures of him wandering around New York last year looking like a hobo. I guess that's what years of alcahol and drug abuse do to a man, he's lived hard all his life and it had to catch up with him eventually.

I do love the fact that when Katharine Hepburn accused him of being a drunk who'd fallen down drunk in every gutter in town, he replied with "I've got a few to go yet."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I thought this was pretty good up until the final act when Noah
    completely loses his marbles
    . Visuals were cool,
    rock monsters wtf? lol wasn't expecting that
    . Interesting film, definitely worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sezyboo

Thinking of watching this tonight on maxdome (the german version of netflix).

Advertisement