Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for spare wheel trailor cork

Options
  • 23-07-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend where to buy a new rim and tire for a boat trailor in Cork please???

I am looking for a 195/50/13... or even two ....one as a spare......
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the best place to buya new rim and tire for a boat trailor in Cork???

I am looking for a 195/50/13... or even two ....one as a spare......really dont recommend using a inner tube in a tire!!! waste of money!

Thanks in advance!

You might need to know what hub it's off as the hole in the middle can be different sizes and may not fit. If it's indespension try.

A.R.Brownlow Ltd.
    Address: PO BOX 112, South City Link Road, Cork
    Telephone: 00 353 214313377
    Email: sales@brownlow.ie
    Web: www.arbrownlow.com

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Thanks Fergal. I did here arbrownlow were the best... but even better if someone else was picking up the tab!

A local mechanic mentioned southern trailors and gave directions going through the jack lynch tunnel and then taking a left...??? from what i can see southern trailers are based by the Mercy hospital Cork?!?

I tried calling this tel: no today at 4:30 but there was no reply ....there hardly closed on a Monday are they...?? - not even sure if this link is the right business - never heard of southern trailers b4........
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/southern-trailer-systems-ltd-cork-city/

Just looking for the cheapest option! to save the pennies!!!!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Thanks Fergal. I did here arbrownlow were the best... but even better if someone else was picking up the tab!

A local mechanic mentioned southern trailors and gave directions going through the jack lynch tunnel and then taking a left...??? from what i can see southern trailers are based by the Mercy hospital Cork?!?

I tried calling this tel: no today at 4:30 but there was no reply ....there hardly closed on a Monday are they...?? - not even sure if this link is the right business - never heard of southern trailers b4........
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/southern-trailer-systems-ltd-cork-city/

Just looking for the cheapest option! to save the pennies!!!!!!

Here's a map to get you there :Dhttp://www.qype.ie/place/preview/ie-66589-southern-trailer-systems-ltd-cork

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Cool - has there been any feedback from the lads advertising trailer parts on done deal??? any good or bad reviews???

A lad in Athlone will post the wheel and hub for 90 squids.... second hand would be the job for about 20 squids!

Sometimes it's better to spend the extra few quid to get the right part especially when it's carrying your boat, trailer tyres are not the same as car tyres they are built for side to side sway where as car tyres are built for comfort you also have to take into account the camber of the wheel.
    Don't be fooled by false economy it can come back to bite you :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement