Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 open PIR and PA zones

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pablo007

Okay job's done. 06 PA no longer shows up as an open zone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is that with the 2 disconnected?
    No reconnect them one by one to see which one is the problem.

Yes, that was with them both disconnected.

I've just reconnected the downstairs PA and 06 PA is still not showing up as an open zone.

Should I go ahead and reconnect the upstairs PA?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes. If it still shows often then there is a problem with that PA.

Okay, I've just reconnected the upstairs PA and 06 PA is still not showing up as an open zone.:) Does that mean we've solved the open 06 PA zone problem?

• Advertisement

Sometimes it happens like that. If all is good close everything up and see how it goes .

Was it just a matter of reseating the PA connections?

What about 05 PIR showing as an open zone when I first display open zones? Is that a feature that I just accept?

Could have just been a loose connection somewhere.
    Are you sure the PiR wasn't just picking you up going back and forth to the keypad ?

Daah...you're spot on!

That's fantastic - Thank you so much for all your help and for your patience.

You are welcome. Glad we could get you sorted.

• Advertisement

06 PA is back showing up as an open zone.:mad:

Close them off one by one again. Its still possible one of those panic buttons could be faulty.

Okay 06 PA open zone symptom no longer showing with downstairs PA disconnected and upstairs PA connected.

This suggests a problem with the downstairs PA. So what's the most likely cause, a problem with the wiring or with the PA itself?

Leave it closed off for a week or so . If it stays OK replace the PA.

Okay, thanks again for your help.

Advertisement