Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad on TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I have watched and I'm fully up to date with all episodes, podcasts, etc. but I never did understand why those Mexicans were crawling on their bellies and I'd love to be enlightened please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I have watched and I'm fully up to date with all episodes, podcasts, etc. but I never did understand why those Mexicans were crawling on their bellies and I'd love to be enlightened please?

It was just part of the ritual to the "god of death", that the brothers go to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

A bizarre off-shoot from Christianity

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

tvnutz wrote: »
    Get it and watch it from the start, you can't explain it from the point you saw.

i have't got the time

go on give me a quick synopsis....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

fryup wrote: »
    i have't got the time

A teacher (Walter White)who is diagnosed with lung cancer decides to manufacture crystal meth to pay for his care and his family expenses(if he dies) to do this he teams up with a slacker ex student(Jesse). His brother in law (Hank)is in the DEA (investigates drug related crimes). His wife (Skyler) has just had a child and left him thinking he has cheated only to discover he is in the drug trade. He is using a Lawyer(Saul) to distribute his money through his online charity donation site which was started by his son (Walt Jr) to pay for a Surgery that cost over 200k that helped his cancer go into remission. Jesse has also just now left rehab & quit the drug trade.
    Thats a brief synopsis up to the point i'm watching on TG4.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and how far behind is tg4 from netflix??

do any of the uk channels show it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

do any of the uk channels show it??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TG4 are currently repeating series 3.

They have shown the first 2 episodes so there are another 11 to go.

Then there are 13 episodes in series 4

And then 8 episodes in the first half of the 5th series.

Then you will be up to date with what Netflix are showing.

At 2 episodes per week, TG4 will finish the repeats in 16 weeks - that is I think Wednesday 11th December.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

janey! didn't realise there was so many episodes

brian_t wrote: »
    At 2 episodes per week, TG4 will finish the repeats in 16 weeks - that is I think Wednesday 11th December.

I hope that we don't have to wait till December 18 for TG4 to start to show the second half of Season 5 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

brian_t wrote: »
    I hope that we don't have to wait till December 18 for TG4 to start to show the second half of Season 5 :(

It's on Netflix - although I'm not sure how long they're keeping each of the episodes up. If they hold on to them for a while you could wait until it's finished in screening in the States and then sign up for the free monthly trial and watch them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

i have't got the time

It is well worth making the time to watch it from the start.

really enjoying it on tg4

imo..this is the best tv drama since dare i say it...the sopranos

but what i find astounding..is that none of the main uk channels are showing it..thought this would be perfect CH 4 output??

is it exclusive to netflix??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

really enjoying it on tg4

imo..this is the best tv drama since dare i say it...the sopranos

but what i find astounding..is that none of the main uk channels are showing it..thought this would be perfect CH 4 output??

is it exclusive to netflix??

Channel 5 used to screen it - didn't get an audience.

just a heads up to all you BB fans out there, Season 5 starts tonight on tg4 at midnight

why oh why do they have it on so late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭trashcan

evilivor wrote: »
    Channel 5 used to screen it - didn't get an audience.

It's incredible that two of the most respected and highly regarded TV shows of all time (BB and the Wire) never got shown on prime time tv either here or in the UK. Says a lot about the tastes of the public, or the Tv schedulers, or both. Meanwhile dross like CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds etc gets shown ad nauseum.

^^ X 100

i think its a travesty, its the best drama series ever and very few this side of the atlantic are aware of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Does anybody know are TG4 gonna show season 5 part 2, or are the just gonna stop at the end of season 5 part 1 which is 5-8.

Reason I ask is they're now at 5-3.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Does anybody know are TG4 gonna show season 5 part 2, or are the just gonna stop at the end of season 5 part 1 which is 5-8.

Yes they are going to show the second half of season 5 but they haven't said when it will be on.

Col200sx wrote: »

Breaking Bad is back on TG4 on Wednesday 8th January.

Series 5 Part 2

Fair play to TG4 for showing this series and for not making us wait too long for the final part.

^^^^^^^^^

but why do they have to show it so late??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Pointless showing it on TV because at this stage most people have done one of the following
    • Downloaded it
    • Watched it on Netflix
    • Borrowed it from their mates
    • Bought the box set

lukin wrote: »
    Pointless showing it on TV because at this stage most people have done one of the following
    • Downloaded it
    • Watched it on Netflix
    • Bought the box set
    I would question your use of the word "most". I've done none of the above.
    ^^^^^^^^^

but why do they have to show it so late??
    They are showing it at their usual time of 9.30pm.

It's only when they repeated Breaking Bad that they showed it at around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

lukin wrote: »
    • Downloaded it
    • Watched it on Netflix
    • Bought the box set

Nah, never did any of that. I watched it from the start to finish on TG4, Before then I only saw bits and pieces on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Just a reminder folks that Season 5 Part 2 starts back again tonight on TG4 at 9.30pm :)

I couldn't wait til now so got Netflix, but it's good, so good :D

thanks for the reminder,

great episode

was that the very last episode tonight????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yep, series finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Kind've funny. I spent the last few weeks watching the complete Breaking Bad series on DVD, only watched the finale a few days ago. Still a good ending to the show nonetheless.

questions ....

in the second last episode why did Walter leave the DEA agent hanging on the line when he phoned them in the bar?

in the last episode why did why did he leave the watch on the payphone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

questions ....

in the second last episode why did Walter leave the DEA agent hanging on the line when he phoned them in the bar?

in the last episode why did why did he leave the watch on the payphone??

He left the phone off the hook so the DEA could trace it and come get him, he had given up at this point after speaking to Junior and feeling all was lost…then he saw the Gretchen and Elliott on the Charlie Rose show, belittling his involvement is setting up their company and claiming the old Walter was gone…which lit a fire in him again to try and right some of his wrongs, so he skedaddled just before the cops arrived

On the watch, at the time I actually thought he left it there as payment for the gas he put in his car, because he didn’t want to go in and oay and risk getting recognised…but that was not the case….

1. Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

Advertisement