Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diet advice

• 20-07-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭

I am male 34, 5.8, 220lbs was 231 to begin with 5 weeks ago when I joined weight watchers! I was/am a emotional eater and have worked at trying not to eat during an emotional state and infact I am finding it hard somedays and then there are days I am absolutely just fine with the diet, I also work on my feet all day and get hunger pangs between my breaks too!

I am asking for advice as I feel the weight is not coming off fast enough and I think its due to the point system of weight watchers thats confusing me a little! I know how to calc the points, but what I dont like is the fact that I can make a lot of bad choices and just count it as points!

Here is my diet, just to give you an idea what I eat during the day!

Breakfast:

60g oats with 200ml light milk
    glass of orange 200ml orange juice

Snack:
    Rice cake with tsp peanut butter or
    2 x WW biscuits
    apple

lunch:
    Small can of sugar free baked beans
    WW Frozen beef hotpot meal
    Mullerlight yoghurt
    orange

Snack:
    Peanuts 25g or
    45g plain popcorn

Dinner:
    I find this to be the toughest time as I could sometimes finish work very late and have dinner at 8pm/9pm, which I know is probably the worst time to have dinner at!!
    Stir fry made of chicken/turkey with stir fry fresh veg
    Noodles

Snack:
    PHD Diet whey protein (Holland and barret) 50g made in 250ml water

I drink a lot of water+/- 3ltrs a day

I am taking the protein as I am currently doing the couch to 5k and have been doing it on and off for the past 3/4 weeks due to injuries with my right knee and inner thighs!

Now I can have quite a lot to eat and have a point value of 46 which I admit I cant always finish on my good days and bad days I feel its just not enough.....

Can anyone please shed some light in what I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate the advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Ditch rice cakes, biscuits and any other processed carbs that you're eating.

Orange juice isn't great choice on a diet, its pure carbs, stick with plain water or tea/coffee.

Include more green veggies in your diet, try to have some source of protein in each meal, how about few eggs ?

Also there is no such thing as the worse time to have meal at. This misconception about getting fat when eating late is around for so long that its not even funny. If it was true then it would be the simpliest solution to world hunger. Just tell everyone to eat before the bed time.

It is all about calories in and out, period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Also the frozen/processed meals are bad, try to reduce them

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gymtime

s.a.man wrote: »
    I am taking the protein as I am currently doing the couch to 5k and have been doing it on and off for the past 3/4 weeks due to injuries with my right knee and inner thighs!

why do you need to take protein for the couch to 5k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

gymtime wrote: »
    why do you need to take protein for the couch to 5k?

I read an article stating that even when doing cardio its important to take protein after? To be fair I am also doing some other cardio workouts like cycling and the cross trainer at the gym, the main reason I am doing the couch to 5k is to improve on my running.

I would like to hear your thought on it!

Advertisement