Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Leagues and competitions 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

bazwin wrote: »
    This is a great idea Gareth...and raising money for charity as well :)

Just joined :D might be worth setting up seperate post for this Gar....gain more interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭an_damhan

bazwin wrote: »
    Just joined :D might be worth setting up seperate post for this Gar....gain more interest :)

Cheers Baz, will stick up a post shortly...

[Edit]
    The mod wants to keep all the FPL league related stuff in the one spot so dumped my new thread back in here...

Hi All,

I am running a paid entry and prizes league for the second season, here's the code 58958-20267
    You can submit the €15 entry fee online at www.garethoconnor.ie/fpl, we use PayPal so it's safe and secure!

So far we've got 19 entries and a prize fund of €228.
    We will have a prize for the top 3 at the end of the season and if we get enough entries we'll also have a manager of the month prize.

It's €15 to enter, with €1 covering PayPal costs, €2 going to the Barretstown Charity and €12 going into the prize fund.

Last season's prize fund was €369 but we're hoping to top that this season.

Give me a shout if you've any queries - gareth@garethoconnor.ie

Cheers and best of luck,

Gar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

an_damhan wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am running a paid entry and prizes league for the second season, here's the code 58958-20267
    You can submit the €15 entry fee online at www.garethoconnor.ie/fpl, we use PayPal so it's safe and secure!

So far we've got 18 entries and a prize fund of €216.
    We will have a prize for the top 3 at the end of the season and if we get enough entries we'll also have a manager of the month prize.

It's €15 to enter, with €1 covering PayPal costs, €2 going to the Barretstown Charity and €12 going into the prize fund.

Last season's prize fund was €369 but we're hoping to top that this season.

Give me a shout if you've any queries - gareth@garethoconnor.ie

Cheers and best of luck,

Gar.

If someone doesn't have a paypal, can they do a bank transfer?
    I know you said email queries but it makes sense to have them on here for others to be able to read.

Lemlin wrote: »
    If someone doesn't have a paypal, can they do a bank transfer?
    I know you said email queries but it makes sense to have them on here for others to be able to read.

No prob Lemlin, but you can pay with a credit card via PayPal if it suits better...if not let me know and I'll send you the bank details

Cheers,

Gar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Hi Gar,

More of a lurker around these parts but wondering if I can still join your league? Fair play giving the €2 per head to Barretstown, worthy charity! Not au fait with pay pal but presume laser card would be alright?

Hi Gar,

More of a lurker around these parts but wondering if I can still join your league? Fair play giving the €2 per head to Barretstown, worthy charity! Not au fait with pay pal but presume laser card would be alright?

Hi liquidator,

Yep, You can join until aug 31st, you can submit entry via garethoconnor.ie/fpl
    I use the PayPal system to collect the funds but you don't need a PayPal account, you can use credit cards but not laser, just click the link on www.garethoconnor.ie/fpl

Alternatively you can do a bank transfer like lemlin above did....just pm me and I'll send on the details...

Cheers,

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

manual_man wrote: »
    anybody know if buskers are running a league this year? i know they had a big cash prize last year

Apparently not. If they do run one i'll post up the code.

Make sure you enter these leagues before the start of the season as they may restrict entry after week 1 (as it should be). Nothing more annoying than sitting top of a league then some idiot joins half way through the season to try and steal the prize!

Anyone running cash leagues should take note of this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 timmykgb

Hey, just letting ye know about our league. It's run by Killorglin AFC. The entry fee is €20 with estimated prizes of €900. If there are a good few more entries than 60 teams that prize money will increase. Here are the details for payment and contact details etc...

http://killorglinafcfantasyfootball.eventbrite.ie

timmykgb wrote: »
    Hey, just letting ye know about our league. It's run by Killorglin AFC. The entry fee is €20 with estimated prizes of €900. If there are a good few more entries than 60 teams that prize money will increase. Here are the details for payment and contact details etc...

http://killorglinafcfantasyfootball.eventbrite.ie

Looks good. Is the full €20 entered into the prizefund or is any held back for the club? Also do eventbrite take a cut?

How many runners have you gotten so far.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Looks good. Is the full €20 entered into the prizefund or is any held back for the club? Also do eventbrite take a cut?

How many runners have you gotten so far.

Well, we need about 45 entries to cover the prize money... if we can get to 60 entries then the club will make about €300. We are expecting to get to about 60 based on the last man standing competition we run. If the entries go above 60 the breakdown will be €15 going to the prize fund and €5 to the club/eventbrite/paypal. If there are substantial entries above 60 I'd imagine there will be prizes for second and third places. The €100 quartly prize should give more teams something to play for throughout the season too. We have 20 entered so far. The eventbrite cut from the ticket is €1.25 and I think Paypal is something simiar, so the club get about €2.50 per ticket sold above 60 entries. That's of course for entries sold via Eventbrite, the majority of entries we should get in will have payments outside of Eventbrite I would think... but you never know maybe a lot of people will enter from the online community!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Donedeal have a league

http://blog.donedeal.ie/2012/08/donedealers-fantasy-football-league/

Winner gets Match tickets flights and acomodation for two people

Manager of the month gets a jersey of their choice

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Hi liquidator,

Yep, You can join until aug 31st, you can submit entry via garethoconnor.ie/fpl
    I use the PayPal system to collect the funds but you don't need a PayPal account, you can use credit cards but not laser, just click the link on www.garethoconnor.ie/fpl

Alternatively you can do a bank transfer like lemlin above did....just pm me and I'll send on the details...

Cheers,

Gar

The debit card did the trick so I'm signed up and good to go, hope ya get as many as possible before the end of the month:)

The debit card did the trick so I'm signed up and good to go, hope ya get as many as possible before the end of the month:)

Good stuff, best of luck with the season...prize fund is up to €336 now!

timmykgb wrote: »
    The eventbrite cut from the ticket is €1.25 and I think Paypal is something simiar, so the club get about €2.50 per ticket sold above 60 entries.

You can bypass EventBrite pretty easily and save the club €1.25. I'm running a comp where I link directly to PayPal, check it out and give me a shout if you have any queries - www.garethoconnor.ie/fpl

Cheers,

Gar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Do Off the ball on newstalk have a league?

You can bypass EventBrite pretty easily and save the club €1.25. I'm running a comp where I link directly to PayPal, check it out and give me a shout if you have any queries - www.garethoconnor.ie/fpl

Cheers,

Gar.

Hi Gareth, that's the way I wanted to set up via the club website. But between our web guy being on holiday and the week of madness that surrounds Puck Fair in our town (last night was the last of it), it wasn't going to happen in time for the league kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Donedeal have a league

http://blog.donedeal.ie/2012/08/donedealers-fantasy-football-league/

Winner gets Match tickets flights and acomodation for two people

Manager of the month gets a jersey of their choice

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

There's around 250 in the league now. Not too many.

The fecking prizes are nearly better than the ones that the Premier League are giving out themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Have any of you ever hosted an Irish Times league before? I'm getting this:
    xy34r.png

It won't let me accept any more teams. Gives me the "remove" option, but the button to accept new teams is gone.

??

Also, yes, this is another ad for that league, found here: http://irishtimes.fantasyleague.com
    Name: Boards.ie
    Pass: 4787

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

THe bull and castle private league prizes on offer.

FX Buckley League
    1138800-272563

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

There's around 250 in the league now. Not too many.

The fecking prizes are nearly better than the ones that the Premier League are giving out themselves.

Unfortunately there are multi-teamers in this.

Anyone notice Ken, Kenny & Kenneth Coffey listed one after each other?

No doubt these will we used to go full tilt at the monthly prize.:mad:

I'll give it a miss.

bossdrum wrote: »

I'll give it a miss.

Yea I was thinking of that alright earlier. I might send them an email to see what they're going to do about it.

I'll still stay in it. The main prize is pretty good and those multiple accounters will hopefully lose interest after a few months and it may well be possible to get a monthly prize later on in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bossdrum wrote: »

I'll give it a miss.

Yea I was thinking of that alright earlier. I might send them an email to see what they're going to do about it.

I'll still stay in it. The main prize is pretty good and those multiple accounters will hopefully lose interest after a few months and it may well be possible to get a monthly prize later on in the season.

Send an email and I will send one in the morning too.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Send an email and I will send one in the morning too.

I just emailed their support team. Hopefully they get back to me. I asked them about the multiple accounts and about closing the league to new entrants after the first day. I know last year that you were able to join a league very late on and your points tally carried over and you could be launched straight to the top of a league despite missing 9/10ths of the season.

Yep, nothing worse than someone joining a league half way through the season. Most people setting up these leagues forget to close them to new entries though, a quick email should sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hector's breakfast show on 2fm have a league

1235244-290658

roryc wrote: »
    Yep, nothing worse than someone joining a league half way through the season. Most people setting up these leagues forget to close them to new entries though, a quick email should sort it out.

They emailed me back. The deadline for joining the league is just before the second gameweek.

They said they were looking into the multiple accounts and that if they found any to be in breach that they would be kicked out. Sounds fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

They emailed me back. The deadline for joining the league is just before the second gameweek.

They said they were looking into the multiple accounts and that if they found any to be in breach that they would be kicked out. Sounds fair enough.

Multiple accounts are pretty disgraceful when prizes are involved, but they're right to keep the league open for a bit. Things don't start taking shape until around weeks 5-7 anyway.

I think I'll be keeping my leagues open until the international break myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any chance the mods might update the o.p. to have all the links for the various competitions in one place???

Cheers,

m_m

Advertisement