Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laya Healthcare Sales Staff The Cheek of them

Options
  • 19-07-2012 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Recently I phoned Laya Health Care to find out a bit more about what was included in their plans. 2 days later I found out that they had signed me up as a member without my consent. The Cheek. I didn't give them any money or bank account details so its not so bad. Just thought it was very cheeky. Won't be doing any business with them ever................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

2/10

Poor rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

:rolleyes:
    Plastik wrote: »
    2/10

Poor rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Recently I phoned Laya Health Care to find out a bit more about what was included in their plans. 2 days later I found out that they had signed me up as a member without my consent. The Cheek. I didn't give them any money or bank account details so its not so bad. Just thought it was very cheeky. Won't be doing any business with them ever................

How are you a member if you haven't paid anything?

Nowadays the majority of websites ask for your email address so that they can spam you with stuff. It's a pain but it's par for the course.

How have they signed you up? Are you on an email list? If so, opt out. are they phoning you? If so request that you be taken off it.

Sure, it's annoying, but marketing is heavy sell these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Won't be doing any business with them ever................
    They're giving you free health insurance, allegedly. Personally, I would continue to do business with them until I was presented with an invoice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

g'em wrote: »
    How are you a member if you haven't paid anything?

Nowadays the majority of websites ask for your email address so that they can spam you with stuff. It's a pain but it's par for the course.

How have they signed you up? Are you on an email list? If so, opt out. are they phoning you? If so request that you be taken off it.

Sure, it's annoying, but marketing is heavy sell these days.
    They used my details to create an order without my consent. Have a membership number and they are chasing payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Are you definitely sure it's a membership pack they sent you out, and not a quotation pack? Did you get a rules book and a membership certificate and all that?

It might have been someone clicking the wrong button on a screen somewhere. Most places prefer customers to pay by direct debit or the like, so it's unlikely they would intentionally try to sign you up without your consent and especially without some form of payment.

Or.... the sales person you were talking to really really really is behind on their targets :D.

In any case, you can contact them to say there's been a mistake. Or just leave it, and they'll send you a reminder letter or two before cancelling the policy. Either way, it won't affect your credit rating, and won't affect any health cover you might take out in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Get really, really, REALLY sick. That'll teach em!

...or pick up the phone and actually ask what the craic is!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

Hi there, the agent just confirmed your policy in error, give them a buzz and they will fix it for you.

Advertisement