Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating someone in Ireland

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

PM me her name. You'd be surprised who I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

bredmond wrote: »
    Funny funny, I wouldn't mind but she could do with a nose job, may sound nasty but had to say it, sorry.

To be fair, she robbed 10k off you - you can be as nasty as you like about the thieving b*tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bredmond

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Funny funny, I wouldn't mind but she could do with a nose job, may sound nasty but had to say it, sorry.

To be fair, she robbed 10k off you - you can be as nasty as you like about the thieving b*tch.

Ah ya I know that and if I'm honest I really have no time for the girl, wouldn't even acknowledge her if I seen her! But I was Still brought up to show respect towards women so I think people should get to know someone themselves before they can judge....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I believe you are a nice person OP.

A private investigator will cost you an arm and a leg without any guarantee of recovery of your money.

PM me her name, I'll do what I can for nowt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 grumpymenever

have you gone to her last know address & asked the people living there if they had her forwarding address, they would have been getting post delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No Teyla, was not using her like a hooker ! Two concenting adults and that part of the 'relationship' ended a long long time before all this happened.

And yes for the record, I am the innocent one in this. I was noting but nice to her and helped her out when she was stuck and at a time she couldnt ask her family, I was always brought up to help those who need it but I have learned my lesson when in comes to money and 'friends'

I have spoken to the guards who cant really do much about it to be honest, its a matter for the courts. I spoken to them when she was getting nasty with her calls etc and if that had of continued they would have got involved.

Ok, I will generously give you the benefit of the doubt. You seem sincere and were just naive, it happens.

Why haven't you acknowledged my wonderful suggestion of the phone book?

Unless her name is really common, it shouldn't actually be that hard to track her down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

In fairness he did voluntarliy give over the money in relation to the car and rent..So it wasnt robbery,but it is a lousy situation to be in..

I personally if i were him would chase it up ,and look for what i was owed,but what i would want to know is was there any agreement to pay it back or did you just think well this is going to last,whats ours is ours situation..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I just might take you up on that ofer Neil !

And yep Cavancrew, its come to that Im afraid. My solicitor has said they have a company that do that for them as well but I need to know the area first and it costs €100 a day too seemingly !!! hence why Im trying to find her myself first
    Yes, I'm sure it does. I think I know that firm, Webecrap Investigations Ltd? I believe RC Investigations also charge much the same. Other firms may charge more per hour than that though. They might also manage to actually find her as well.
    BTW, you do know they've invented a thing called the Interweb don't you? I very much doubt that there's more than a handful of people it would take more than 1 hour to find based on their name and basic interests alone. Unless you were trying to trace someone who had been trained in not leaving a trail, everyone is findable. To not leave a trail takes a lot of effort, ie fake/altered name PPS, no bank/credit, drivers licence in diff. name, Renting acccom. in diff name, no sports achievements, no clubs, no pics online, squeaky clean vehicle to avoid minor convictions, no interaction with govt departments in own name, ie lots of effort and hassle.
    Also, How bigs the debt and has she got any money? Otherwise, don't waste your time and money finding her. You won't get it back. Edit- jasus, a lot of people posted since I typed this. 10k??? Forget it. Move on. Nothing to see here - you aaint getting it back mate, sorry bout that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Did you lend her this money expecting to get it back? Or did you decide after to get it back. You locate the bitch, her solicitor waltzes in to court and defends the action by promissory estoppel, judge says good bye, possibly no intention to create legal relations due to a sexual relationship and no contract as there was no consideration. Thread carefully man because it's not a great case if she gets a good lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

godeas16 wrote: »
    Did you lend her this money expecting to get it back? Or did you decide after to get it back. You locate the bitch, her solicitor waltzes in to court and defends the action by promissory estoppel, judge says good bye, possibly no intention to create legal relations due to a sexual relationship and no contract as there was no consideration. Thread carefully man because it's not a great case if she gets a good lawyer.

im sure she could get a good lawyer for 10k...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Shes not on facebook either.

Too late

The aliens have her...

Have you tried using Viper Debt Collections??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Do you have here mobile number or house number?

If its the house number, google it together with her name and it should throw up the address in the phone book.

This is presuming you havent tried fb, linkedin, google+ etc. It's surprisingly easy to find people in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Jake1 wrote: »
    Have you tried using Viper Debt Collections??

Oh GOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭bren2001

3546ga.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Id hardly be allowed to post a picture of her would I like suggested ???

Post a picture of her on your face book page and make it accessible to everyone then post a link to it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

bren2001 wrote: »
    3546ga.jpg

[pedant]

If he's pointing the gun at someone then he has already looked for and found them.

[/pedant]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭bren2001

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    [pedant]

If he's pointing the gun at someone then he has already looked for and found them.

[/pedant]

Or he is taking a picture of himself to send to them to show how serious he is.

Thats why they call him the boss :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

antodeco wrote: »
    PM me her name. You'd be surprised who I know

Dodgyyyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

This sounds very fishy to me...over all that time have ye no friends in common!! Not even one mutual friend you could contact to find her location..tbh iya must be very gullible..ya must have been making some money to be able to throw out 10,000 in loans over a few years.and you say you were also lending other mates money.!! Are you mad..and the bit about the car, sure even if she was hit by an uninsured driver is there not a fund set asside by insurance companies for this exact situation..? maybe not sounds strange to me though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Haven't read the post about the car but MIBI deal with car accidents when the other driver cannot be located. Motor Insurance Bureau Ireland they're the ones get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Get a friend to call her, tell her she's won some prize (you can make something up here...competition at local supermarket, number picked at random from list of customers at X etc.) and they need her address to send it out. Go to house. Serve papers. Boom.

I did this when somebody stole my phone, called the local garda station who went round to the house to the family, turned out the girl was away for a semester, family contacted her and got the phone back and dropped it into the station with €50 (which I think may have been guilt-money).

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Befriend a cop and ask him to check pulse and see if there is anything on her.
    Check all the local voters registry things.
    Get money back,
    Get new friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

OP Coooooeeeeeey.

Where the fooks me finders fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Get someone to call her pretending that you live in her old house in Cork and a letter's come for her. "It looks important. Can I have your address to forward it on? I got your number from so-and-so."