Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken sleep!

Options
  • 17-07-2012 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

i was wondering do other people wake up feeling like they havnt slept at all?
    i feel like my mind is working alot of the time when im asleep and sometimes i feel like im subconsiously awake but asleep if that makes sense?
    i have been having vivid and weird dreams and sometimes they seem so real,the next day i will get flashbacks and think did i dream that or did that really happen?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

I'm having very vivid dreams at the moment too, and like yourself they are very life like. Unfortunately, they're nightmares most of them. Also waking up exhausted, I haven't a clue what to put it down to. I'm going to try a few things before I sleep to see if it makes any difference, I think it's possible we're not allowing ourselves to spend some time relaxing before hand. So I might try a bath before hand, maybe read for a while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I can't sleep properly if a clock is facing me, i would keep waking up every half hour or so. if i turn it around then im zzzzzzzz. Just make sure there isn't anything near you that would stress you etc. It could be your bed/pillows too. I had a crap mattress, always felt drained despite 'sleeping' and I got a memory foam mattress topper for it and its super comfy and i go into a deep deep sleep..

It can be the strangest of things interrupting sleep...

hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Stress can be a big factor in broken sleep. Saying that, life comes with stress built in so it cannot be avoided totally but it might be worth taking a look to see if there is something that needs a bit of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiseryMary

msjess wrote: »
    i feel like my mind is working alot of the time when im asleep and sometimes i feel like im subconsiously awake but asleep if that makes sense?
    i have been having vivid and weird dreams and sometimes they seem so real,the next day i will get flashbacks and think did i dream that or did that really happen?!

Strangely enough it happens to me but I drink aload of coffee and I like having weird dreams its interesting to have .:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 msjess

thanks very much everybody :) well i know why im in such a bad sleep pattern,havnt been working for a while which is a major pain in da rear!!
    but the mad dreams and constant tossing and turning and then finally falling into a heavy sleep when i should really be getting up!
    i have a mamory foam matress but doesnt really seem too help at the moment.
    yeah i woul say stressing and overthinking could play a part.
    im hoping an evening walk will do the trick tonight :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

www.silvalifesystem.com I know its not exactly what your looking for but I have a cd I got with a book of above and I have used it often. I have never heard the end of the cd cos I am sound asleep and wake up refreshed as they say in all good stories :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

eskimocat wrote: »
    Stress can be a big factor in broken sleep. Saying that, life comes with stress built in so it cannot be avoided totally but it might be worth taking a look to see if there is something that needs a bit of attention.
    I just want to echo this post and say it stress is a huge factor with me, and it is very true. I've a lot of stress hanging over me at the moment. I worry a lot, and I bring this to bed with me I think. There isn't much I can do about it for now though, just jump every hurl as it comes I suppose. Could it be stress msjess?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 katopyrgos

Try this for what its worth. For a long time I was having disturbed sleep on account of upsetting dreams (nightmares) I read somewhere that if I place a sliced onion beside my bed it would ease things. In my case I think my nose might have been slightly (only slightly blocked) and the onion did the trick.
    After some time I no longer need the help of the good old onion. Two slices is enough. Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amanda cameron100

thanks very much everybody :) well i know why im in such a bad sleep pattern,havnt been working for a while which is a major pain in da rear!!
    but the mad dreams and constant tossing and turning and then finally falling into a heavy sleep when i should really be getting up!
    i have a mamory foam matress but doesnt really seem too help at the moment.
    yeah i woul say stressing and overthinking could play a part.
    im hoping an evening walk will do the trick tonight :0

Completly know how you feel, I have been the same for years, doc didnt know why i wasnt sleeping, I started bikram yoga recently and started sleeping through the night for the first time in years, has really really helped me. Need to give yourself the time to switch your brain off before bed. hope this helps

Advertisement