Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Reports for the new Boards.ie Skin

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Nokia E63 symbian, Opera mobile. Desktop-mode.
    Note: I never have problems in desktop-mode on any sites, everything else perfect.

The thread menu bar top right hand corner has:
    - Sports Sys T
    Just T not Tech, the blue color stops after T, and white after that, scroll over reveals Tech+menu.
    Small bug which I can live with, but sometimes when logged in, I find myself logged out, can't access log in as right hand side of search bar is missing, ''sig'' is there for ''sign up''?, the only way I can login is reply to a topic or click my-threads.

I've noticed that the search bar extends beyond the thread-menu-bar, also maybe related the search-bar height is 3X the thread-menu-bar height, just seems out of proportion, as a huge blue bar taking up space, I think it might be extending off the screen to the right.
    I have tried different mode settings no change.
    n' would have posted before but thought given time it would get fixed & could still get by, but it's a bug that's really beginning to bug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Dolbert wrote: »
    Thanks Danny. Even though it's logging me in now, it actually redirects to the main boards.ie homepage. No biggie, I can go back into the mobile site from there but it doesn't seem to keep me logged in (even with ticking the box) and I have to log in every time I go back into Boards on my phone. Is there any way around this?

This has stopped happening since I got my new phone the other day- withdrawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Hi. I'm not sure if this is a bug related to the new look, or something else. But I no longer seem to be able to see my Sent Private Messages.

I go into my Private Message list: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

The Jump to Folder drop-down has "Sent Messages (0 Messages)", and when I select it, sure enough there are none there.

Same result when I choose the Sent Items from the little javascript menu on the "Private Messages In Folder..." header section on the page.

I know my sent messages are going out as people are replying to them, with my original message quoted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

BM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

When you're sending a PM there's an option to "Save a copy in my sent items folder", are you sure this is ticked?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Spotted a small one, the breadcrumb divider in the box under the "Post Reply" and "Follow"/"Unfollow" buttons is using the graphic from the breadcrumbs in the nav bar at the top of the screen so it has a dark grey box around the little arrow http://b-static.net/www/i/breadcrumb_divider.png

Also looking at the two sets of breadcrumbs, should they not be consistant with the first element? The nav bar has Home and takes you to the homepage whereas the one further down has Boards.ie and takes you to the forum index.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

When you're sending a PM there's an option to "Save a copy in my sent items folder", are you sure this is ticked?

Ok, so I'm a tool. I never spotted that, and so am sure that it is not ticked.

I just checked the Options settings and see that I can have this ticked by default. Sorry for wasting your time, thanks for the quick response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

JohnK wrote: »
    Spotted a small one, the breadcrumb divider in the box under the "Post Reply" and "Follow"/"Unfollow" buttons is using the graphic from the breadcrumbs in the nav bar at the top of the screen so it has a dark grey box around the little arrow http://b-static.net/www/i/breadcrumb_divider.png

Also looking at the two sets of breadcrumbs, should they not be consistant with the first element? The nav bar has Home and takes you to the homepage whereas the one further down has Boards.ie and takes you to the forum index.

Thanks JohnK.

It's a know issue alright. Given that the Breadcrumb in the header is sticky, it makes the breadcrumb at the bottom of the thread less necessary. We're looking at the thread view at the moment to see how it can be improved and squash any of those bugs in the process.

Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not sure if been brought up already

Type: Bug /Missing Feature
    Issue: When hovering over envelope to see number of posts I have in thread, it only shows [Hot][Dots][Hot]/[Dots][Hot]/[Hot][New]/[New]
    Browser & OS: Firefox 15.0.1/Vista
    Screen Resolution: 1280x800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

irish-stew wrote: »
    Not sure if been brought up already

Type: Bug /Missing Feature
    Issue: When hovering over envelope to see number of posts I have in thread, it only shows [Hot][Dots][Hot]/[Dots][Hot]/[Hot][New]/[New]
    Browser & OS: Firefox 15.0.1/Vista
    Screen Resolution: 1280x800

Hmmm... never heard those envelopes offing that info before, but sure enough, on the old skin they did!
    We'll look into this and see if there's a way to make it work in the new look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The tags are not showing at the bottom of threads.

Firefox and win 7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Slidey wrote: »
    The tags are not showing at the bottom of threads.

Firefox and win 7

Tags, Social Bookmarks and the Bottom Breadcrumbs have been removed from the new skin in a design change.

Feedback is taken on this thread :)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Type: Bug (I think)

Issue: The entire page goes black when loading a new page. This has only happened when going through a thread. I've attached a screenshot below

Browser & OS:Google Chrome & Windows 7

Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quarryman wrote: »
    Agh. Logged into boards from my iphone this morning and for some reason the skin was automatically switched to this awful new one.

It's terrible on iOS, really slow when scrolling down a page. Has is even been tested on an iphone/ipad?
    "iPad compatibility - We know there are issues with iPads. Full testing has not been done on any iPad. The skin was designed for full computers like netbooks, laptops and desktops with the idea being the touch site may see improvements similar to the new skin in the future. This isn't to say we're leaving iPad users in the dark, but that they're not our target audience currently but we will improve things as we go along. It would be useful for you to report any bugs you find so we have a record of them anyway, but it won't be a priority."

from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056703415

noted it should really say iOS compatibility as the issues are with iOS and not specific to the iPad. We're working on it though.
    quarryman wrote: »
    ok thanks.

But surely users using iOS must make up a large chunk of readers? Seems madness to release (and default) this skin without testing it fully?

9 months or so on and this is still crap on iOS. Very sluggish to scroll etc.

Any plans to fix?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just wondering, why can't you see/edit thread tags on the new skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

They're only ever used on boards for a pisstake really. They work grand on forums that have very broad topics but with over 900 forums on Boards everything has it's place and a thread tag isn't really going to assist matters IMO. Besides, I find the search here to be much better than a tag at finding what I need

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement