Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness n' Rollies 2: Off Topic Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Batman marathon today!! Batman Begins followed by The Dark Knight!!

Over 5 hours of Batmanny Goodness!!!

CAN.NOT.WAIT!!

How are we all today?

Is that on TV, or you just getting DVDs? I want to see Batman!

I'm sleepy. I wish I could sleep more, my sleeping patterns are so messed up.

But, I get to go act like a tourist and stuff with my friend, so I don't mind too much. :)

How are you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It's in the cinema!! Cineworld's massive screen 17 - Back to Back!! :D

Only €7 too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It's in the cinema!! Cineworld's massive screen 17 - Back to Back!! :D

Only €7 too!

Hmm. Forget doing touristy things today, I'm gonna try drag my mate to the cinema :D Ty mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

CAN.NOT.WAIT!!

How are we all today?

I watched Michael Keaton ones again recently, I'd forgotten how much I loved them as a kid.

Let's all just pretend the ones made between then and the Christian Bale ones never ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Hmm I wouldn't really call watching two films out of a franchise consisting of seven a marathon though maybe I'm just too pedantic :pac:

I feel like watching some video game themed films lately though I can only think of a few, any suggestions people. So far on my list I've got Super Mario Bros., Scott Pilgrim, Mortal Kombat and Doom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

cade wrote: »
    Hmm I wouldn't really call watching two films out of a franchise consisting of seven a marathon though maybe I'm just too pedantic :pac:

I feel like watching some video game themed films lately though I can only think of a few, any suggestions people. So far on my list I've got Super Mario Bros., Scott Pilgrim, Mortal Kombat and Doom.
    You could use it as an excuse to watch Tron (the original that is). Not based on a video game, but definitely the right theme.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I watched Michael Keaton ones again recently, I'd forgotten how much I loved them as a kid.

Let's all just pretend the ones made between then and the Christian Bale ones never ever happened.

Deal!!

5+ hours in the cinema - IS a marathon sitting!!

5+ hours in the cinema - IS a marathon sitting!!

Pfft only 5 hours on your ass and you'd be getting twitchy, - you've a long ways to go on the road to becoming a competant slacker :D

All three godfather films back to back was the last similar thing I did, now that was a fun night, though not a Marathon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Was wondering why nothing was popping up in my thread list for TGC OT thread and then it dawned on me....

Afternoon all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I get all proud of myself if I can sit still for long enough to watch one film. Dunno how ye manage two or three in one sitting!
    Fair play!

It's Batman - This's how!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sauve wrote: »
    I get all proud of myself if I can sit still for long enough to watch one film. Dunno how ye manage two or three in one sitting!
    Fair play!

I watched five films on Sunday back to back as I was sick and had nothing else to do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

CAN.NOT.WAIT!!

How are we all today?
    I’m so jealous. I badly want to go :(

Going to see The Boss instead :D \0/

NICE!! the boss is brilliant live! Alas too rich for my blood this year!!

Enjoy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"are you hurt? do you know who i am?"
    "yeah you're coach :) "
    "and do you know who you are?"
    "i'm BATMAN :mad: "
    "okay, on the benches..."

:D:D

bluewolf wrote: »
    "are you hurt? do you know who i am?"
    "yeah you're coach :) "
    "and do you know who you are?"
    "i'm BATMAN :mad: "
    "okay, on the benches..."

I was shocked last year when I realised the amount of my college class who didn't know that piece of cinematic mastery :)

Actually, it'd be the perfect time for Snickers to whack that advertisement out of retirement. Mr. T was cool and all for the last ads I remember them having, but he's certainly no Batman!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was shocked last year when I realised the amount of my college class who didn't know that piece of cinematic mastery :)

Actually, it'd be the perfect time for Snickers to whack that advertisement out of retirement. Mr. T was cool and all for the last ads I remember them having, but he's certainly no Batman!

i always loved the football mr t one as well

just drive in the tank and f*cks a snickers at yer man's head :D

but yeah, batman wins :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

FREAKING OUT!

I've been planning my packing around a second checked bag and now SAA are saying I can't pay for a second bag. AAAAHHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

NICE!! the boss is brilliant live! Alas too rich for my blood this year!!

Enjoy!
    Fifth time to see him! I'd be going tomorrow too if I could afford it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Evening all,what a beautiful evening that was!

So ehhhh,when we havin beers?

Someone said beer!

I have Windows 8 beta, my girlfriend said she was slightly concerned she'd lose me for a while.

I should probably answer her at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Necronos wrote: »

It sure is. Was out with the dog for a walk. I dunno who was more sweaty - me or the dog! :pac:

Whenever you want 'em! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Larianne wrote: »
    Necronos wrote: »

It sure is. Was out with the dog for a walk. I dunno who was more sweaty - me or the dog! :pac:

Whenever you want 'em! ;)

Im on mobile,start an oul thread there!

i made these! http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/viennese_whirls_78348
    success! :D

i might have to bring some into work

oh I love those but you need to have hands faster than billy the kid to be able to snatch one of those in my house. Hmm I've a hankering to do some baking this weekend, I was planning to do a batch of muffins but I may give those a try too :) I should actually start taking pics of my baking ventures now that the end results are no longer akin to a desert prepared by the Addams Family :p

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Springsteen was phenomenal!! :D

These bad boys are sitting on my desk in work right now!! Awesome!!

photo2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

These bad boys are sitting on my desk in work right now!! Awesome!!

I like the way they have them labelled, like you wouldn't know which one was Batman otherwise!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement