Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removable AUX Outboard bracket

Options
  • 15-07-2012 10:40am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a removable Aux bracket the type that just leaves a small plate like this on the transom that the bracket slots into. If you have seen one in your local marine store can you let me know.
    Cheers.

addon.php?1,module=embed_images,url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seamarknunn.com%2Facatalog%2F2024132_w.jpg

2029841_w.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

If your up for buying online, this crowd have one!

http://www.angleseymarinesupplies.com/auxilliary-outboard-brackets.php

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

alan1990 wrote: »
    If your up for buying online, this crowd have one!

http://www.angleseymarinesupplies.com/auxilliary-outboard-brackets.php

Cheers Alan, I might just have to get it on line as I can't seem to find any here.
    It's a bit pricey for what it is when you look at the ones bellow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

fergal.b wrote: »
    Cheers Alan, I might just have to get it on line as I can't seem to find any here.
    It's a bit pricey for what it is when you look at the ones bellow:eek:

Seems fairly pricy alright, I wonder would you save much by getting an engineering company to fabricate one?? Should be fairly straight forward but I'd imagine it'd still cost upwards of 100 quid!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

alan1990 wrote: »
    Seems fairly pricy alright, I wonder would you save much by getting an engineering company to fabricate one?? Should be fairly straight forward but I'd imagine it'd still cost upwards of 100 quid!

That came to mind but I'd say it would work out over the €100 mark and with no guarantee that it would be rated to carry my little baby :D
    003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

what kind of engine is that?

• Advertisement

davlacey wrote: »
    what kind of engine is that?

She is a 1967 3.9hp mercury.

Right I got one from Anglesey marine "Thanks Alan" after a bit of a mixup they sent me a launching trolley first :eek: I thought it looked a bit big :D

To start with I had to work out where to put it.

2012-08-09142422.jpg

Putting the engine up on a few blocks so the cav plate is level with the bottom of the boat gave me the height to set it at, you can't really see it here but it is level.

2012-08-09151111.jpg

Also checking both engines at full lock and in all directions to make sure there is no chance of them hitting each other "that would not be good":eek:

2012-08-09150951.jpg

2012-08-09151038.jpg

This is the plate in place I might paint it black but it looks ok as polished aluminium and sort of goes with the engine, we will see.

2012-08-09145619.jpg

Mother and baby back together :D

2012-08-09150925.jpg

Advertisement