Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akihabara GET! aka, My Akiba Haul, July 2012

Options
  • 14-07-2012 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Ok, I shall keep this brief, again, lots to cover when I get back home. :)

Here are my GETS!

1. The main haul. Too much to list here, shall cover later in detail. :)
    iE5wZV4Am6yVt.jpg

2. I got a stack of XBOX 360 SHMUPS, all Limited Edition except for DDPDOJBL which has only standard and Best editions. Mine is the first print standard edition.
    i0QMIdKMPT5lg.jpg

3. Finally, I visited the arcade PCB shops (it's true what people say, G Front is pretty poor, MAK is amazing, oh and I met a Superplay player in there when I bought this CPS2 board). The customer service in MAK is top notch!
    idR4DMPZmj44X.jpg

Thus this concludes my Akihabara shopping! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Oh and if anyone was wondering which Superplayer I met, it was TZW. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

lovely stuff! im pretty sure thats the Mars Matrix board I was contacting them about. Postage was too high though.

o1s1n wrote: »
    lovely stuff! im pretty sure thats the Mars Matrix board I was contacting them about. Postage was too high though.

There was two Mars Matrix there. Both are game boards only, I had to buy the B board too as I have no CPS2 games.

They had Batrider and Ibara by the way...

Pyongyang wrote: »
    They had Batrider by the way...

Which I 'forgot' to mention I bought too. :D

iSbYkCcuRYaSH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

znoebo.gif

That's an amazing haul , Mars Matrix is excellent and Batrider , WOW :D

I see you grabbed a very fine selection of console stuff too !

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

They had Batrider by the way...

woohoo, finally! congrats! and who would've thought you'd need to travel to Japan to get it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

FUUUUU I wish I had the cop on to get stuff when I was there instead of waking up and drinking 8%juice from the vending machine for breakfast and wandering around skuttered!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

safetyboy wrote: »
    FUUUUU I wish I had the cop on to get stuff when I was there instead of waking up and drinking 8%juice from the vending machine for breakfast and wandering around skuttered!

Safetyboy is Ke$ha's songwriter.

:D

Took me 3 days too sober up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent stuff pyongyang! I'd say you're chuffed. :D

• Advertisement

Cheers all, yep absolutely delighted with Akiba, especially Batrider and meeting TZW in MAK. :)

Heading to Mikado tomorrow to try and get Heavy Metal Raiden merch. Today we went on a full day tour of Tokyo. Was amazing, lots to do and they even dropped us off in Akihabara on the way home (after persuading my wife with bag and shoe shopping :D).

Everywhere closed at 8pm though so I took a diversion and stumbled upon a store who's name I have no idea of, there I was helped by a staff member who specialized in shooting games and, well, let's just say he knew where all the stuff I wanted was located! I had to leave before I could grab everything on the shelf but will visit again this week. But I squeezed in one question before heading to the cash register...

...I dared to utter the words 'superplay DVD'...

...shortly after, I soiled my briefs.

Pics to come of the GET! Action (not, of the soiled mens briefs).

I wonder if you found Rancor's secret Akaihabara source :P

http://www.sk8tokyo.com/shmup/images/cave_store/cave1.JPG

Casey120 wrote: »
    I wonder if you found Rancor's secret Akaihabara source :P

Hmm, my only answer is....... Yes. :D

Though that shop sells ONLY Cave Matsuri/Cave Shop items, well, in in that section anyway.

The other shop I found though is just abundant with cool stuff. Pics to follow shortly of today's GET! action...

Tell me you found that Garregga Superplay, book included :eek:

As promised, here is today's Akihabara haul. :)

1. Ibara official art book by Cave.
    i2a58nxHhQAPh.jpg

2. Ketsui 5 block, official Cave Matsuri item. The last one in stock too! Oh, and some business cards I had designed for me before I left. :D
    i7ghMqwWnQ35A.jpg

3. Cave official wallets. Mushihimesama Futari Original and Black Label slip files. The Star Wars slip file was a free gift from the shop to me. Future collectible?
    iUPYgczIblzIv.jpg

4. ESPGaluda II official art book by Cave.
    ibtLCLm5WXa8E2.jpg

5. Eschatos inc Judgment Silversword and Cardinal Sin.
    iv4BjjkdV8RYQ.jpg

6. Kyukoyu Tiger for PC Engine
    ibkmpl9kqEFrzf.jpg

7. Game Paradise limited edition box including the VHS tape
    iJqcVkBISWLx3.jpg

8. In The Hunt, J League Victory and Bomber Man
    i4O9s6hpLNjr9.jpg

Casey120 wrote: »
    Tell me you found that Garregga Superplay, book included :eek:

Not yet, although I saw a shelf full of INH titles, but had to literally run to the cash register before the shop closed. I'm returning tomorrow though! :D

Tiger-heli PC engine... jealous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I loves me In The Hunt.
    Was there any version that didn't have slow down?
    A HD XBLA edition would be an insta-buy!

Lovely haul Pyong, can't wait for the Retro Beers in your house/villa/pantry...

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I loves me In The Hunt.

Apparently the Playstation version has less slowdown than the Saturn one. I haven't played that version yet myself though.

Cheers all, ive still to get a haul of SD baseball games for my wife! I saw the Saturn Kyoukyououououou Tiger yesterday, part of the Plus pack. That port is a bit balls though. The PC Engine edition I've been after for quite a while, it's my favourite console version. Avoid the Mega Drive version, it is awful, even though it sports a larger version of the beautiful PC Engine cover art.

In The Hunt is great, although I forget which port is best. Game Tengoku I cheaped out on, we can all rob o1s1n's PCB! :D The LE is awesome though, I'm going to transfer the VHS to DVD.

Heading to Mikado this morning, then Akihabara again for some bits and pieces (hoping to buy a CPS2 battery and 60mm silent fan). Shibuya tonight to see the crossing and then some scoops!

I tell you what is really disappointing though, the lack of Darius stuff. It just keeps selling out I get told by every shop I go to. The ones that do have any Darius stuff have it stupidly priced. Actually, I saw Salmonhamburger yesterday, which we all know is inferior to Darius, and it was dirt cheap. Still didn't buy it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 rancor

...Still waiting for a reply for our get together - Did I get stood up today? :(

No worries - I totally understand. I've been on "vacation" with the wife before. If your experience is the same as mine your wants/needs will always take a backseat to hers. :D

rancor wrote: »
    Did I get stood up today? :(

You know. ;)

I managed to squeeze in a final Akiba haul though before the shops closed, oh and Casey120, I found the Garegga Superplay DVD tonight. Except it was the disc and box only, no booklet or pack-in book unfortunately. The price was nice though, I regret not buying it now. Saw lots of Garegga VHS today though. I never found any Laserdisc shops. :(

GET! snaps to follow shortly... :)

There's a cheap-hoover-platinum-vacuum-with-canister.jpgon the loose in japan :pac:

Good thing you didn't grab that Garegga SP , it's better to wait for a complete one !

This is the haul from last night, and indeed, no Garegga DVD as I agree, it really needs to be complete. Some of the VHS Superplays looked awesome but I couldn't bring myself to do it!

EDIT: also picked up a new sealed copy of Otomedius Excellent but ran out of SD card space!

1. Tokimiki Memorial Puzzle, PS1.
    Not a dating sim, but a cool puzzle game!
    izgudfGUnFYzI.jpg

2. Assorted official Cave CD's.
    Couldn't help myself and just grabbed all of these. :o
    iHrzJuSPBG6yP.jpg

3. Raiden III The Flash Desire Superplay.
    Bought this in Mikado, it is brand new, sealed and comes with the art book. Mikado is the best arcade in the known universe. Hey! Is great, but Mikado is in a whole different league. I nearly had to be dragged out of there.
    ircdBxvUcrdvG.jpg

4. Veigues, Mr. Driller G, Heavy Unit and Super Raiden.
    A mix of PC Engine and PS1 games.
    ibfXCDgKsy9Z71.jpg

5. Puyo Puyo, Star Cruiser, Thunder Force II and Darius II for Mega Drive.
    Darius is better than Salmonhamburger!
    i1aTfgBA2vV63.jpg

6. Ibara figure, official Cave merch.
    I didn't want to leave without a figure and stumbled across this. Snapped it up straight away. Mint condition, cool SHMUP figurine GET!
    iqiqBFT7uMYM5.jpg

7. Cosmo Gang:The Puzzle, Double Ring and PC Denjin aka Super Air Zonk.
    I wanted Double Ring and PC Denjin fully boxed but couldn't find them anywhere. Gary Lucy will do. :)
    iSqD1nKy5n8Hz.jpg

8. Game Centre CX, special DVD box sets.
    These are Jaleco and Irem special editions. All themed shows which I don't think are part of the normal TV Series.
    igRqa0opIo6vR.jpg

9. Namco Collection, Limited Edition Vol. 2 premium box.
    Saved the best til last. This is probably my favourite GET! Along with Batrider. Not just because it is rare, but because it is in such mint condition (not sure if it is new but it's shrink wrapped). This also completes my Namco LE Anniversary set I started about a year ago. Never thought I'd find this premium box!
    isRZb4giibn9n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Quality gets! I'm liking that Raiden is getting a few nods too. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Quality gets! I'm liking that Raiden is getting a few nods too. :)

Thought ye would! ;)

That Raiden Superplay is the one with yer man playing Raiden III as P1 and P2 at the same time. :eek:

Awesome haul again !

Are there still Video recorders next to some games in Mikado so you can tape your game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Stupid question, but how do you get all that stuff home?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I loves me In The Hunt.

Even the arcade version has slowdown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What utter brilliance this thread is. Some guy basically goes to Japan & goes bananas buying a lot of very very cool stuff...well done pyongster

Advertisement