Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cider

Options
  • 13-07-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

does anyone make their own cider? i had some homemade cider a few years back and it was delicious. but the person who had it was given it by a relative from england. is there much involved in making it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

Pretty simple really.

I made Peary, so pear cider. Just had to extract the juice from the pears. Then I pitched the cider with a white wine yeast in a fermentation bucket. After it was done fermenting, and I found it best to check the specific gravity on a cider, that batch of apple cider was a bit lively, I bottled it after adding some priming sugar.

best if it cellars for at LEAST 6 months! Not necessarily true for apple ciders, they mature quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1353

Despite time passing faster in my head, my brew is only one week old yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

We've made beer, red wine & apple cider - it can honestly be as complicated or as simple as you'd like.

For us total beginners we bought kits from here so all we had to do was add water & ferment. We don't have picky tastes so the results were fine for us, but hopefully we will eventually learn enough to make the finer stuff from home grown fruit & hops, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

thank's for all the replies, i'm going to give it a bash this year i think.

Advertisement