Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft from yacht

Options
  • 11-07-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but...

The steering wheel from my Dads boat was nicked on saturday night from the boatyard in Crosshaven, Cork..its a 42" stainless steel six spoke wheel. Whoever did it managed to avoid the CCTV and used the tools they found on board!!:mad:

Could you all keep an eye out for it for sale and also watch out for your own kit!!!

Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sorry to hear that,:mad: it sound more like an opportunist than someone steeling to order or for their own boat. It might be a long shot but have a root around in the water with a pole on the off chance they dumped it, its not the sort of thing you can stick up your jumper and run down the street with.
    I will have a look around a see if anything turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

They were spotted heading down the road by someone who thought they had a bicycle wheel, they also avoided the Cctv, For the hassle they went through to get it it seems unlikely that it was taken for scrap.... Who knows???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry to hear that, hope the scumbag gets caught.

Any pics of it you could post?

Calves week is coming up, I'm sure they'd let you put up a poster in the race office there - bound to get good coverage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

I haven't any pics...

Most people down there think it was nicked to replace a wheel that may have been damaged, perhaps during Cork week :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement