Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Reilly ignored court order to pay 1.9million bank debt

Options
  • 11-07-2012 11:24am
    #1
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭


    Politician of FG
    Minister of Health
    Head of the HSE

    owed 1.9 million on property he owns, was asked by court order to pay it, he didn't. His name is now in Stubbs Gazette.

    These F***kers are part of the same gobberment that wants me & you to fork over more tax to pay bank debt.

    Bank debt which he owes 1.9 million on, yet they expect us to pay more taxes to pay for their losses

    He's a minister FFS

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0710/james-reilly-debt-default.html

    whole country stinks


«13

Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    ...But...but Enda says his finances are in order!

    So it must be true!

    Good old Enda wouldn't stand-up in the Dail and to the nation and publicly lie would he?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2


    Biggins wrote: »
    ...But...but Enda says his finances are in order!

    So it must be true!

    Good old Enda wouldn't stand-up in the Dail and to the nation and publicly lie would he?


    Yeah - I always believe what Monty says.
    This on top of James Reilly not paying some form of tax on his mansion "because it's old"

    FFS - Total bs

    http://www.thejournal.ie/minister-and-wife-claim-tax-breaks-on-13-bed-moneygall-mansion-127346-Apr2011/

    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0615/1224317984167.html

    Not only that but he's renting it out as well, he's not even f***ing living in it


  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28


    This place would f**kin depress ya


  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612


    Enda said that JR does'nt owe any money and that he's been mistaken with the real culprit, Father Fintan Stack


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom


    This just in from James Reilly........ Quote


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick


    Lads can ye relax. Where does it say that he ignored a court order? It is quiet clear that there was delays in the drawing down of the mortgage and some other issues and it has been confirmed that the issues are now resolved and the money will be paid.

    OP you know nothing about the transaction and your post is extremely ill-informed. He does not owe 1.9m, he is part of a consortium of 5 who owe 1.9m and by the looks of it he is not going to default.

    Storm in a tea-cup.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2


    mikom wrote: »
    This just in from James Reilly........ Quote

    Oh Mikom - I never made that correlation, that is F***ing gas


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp


    He was trying to start up his own health service by being ignorant
    of the laws of the land. . .


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus


    Don't let the facts get in the way of a good anti-gubberment rant there lads.

    Who needs to know what really happened when you can just have a good whinge about taxes and bank debt?

    rabble rabble rabble


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo


    In before "de bondholders".


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2


    facts, schmacts.
    It's all your fault anyway, all of this ^^^


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    daddydick wrote: »
    Lads can ye relax. Where does it say that he ignored a court order?

    Aaa... like here?
    ...Dr Reilly had serious questions to answer as to why he did not honour a High Court order.

    “Last February Judge Kelly made an order giving until the end of April to pay that. It is a serious issue when a government minister would not be in compliance with a High Court order,”
    LINK.

    The paper even names the judge that issued the order and the date he was supposed to have paid by!
    That good enough?

    I suspect not!
    Mr Kenny also stood by the Fine Gael deputy leader, claiming his business interests are "entirely in order", even though Dr Reilly has yet to comply with a High Court order to pay the debt.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2


    Biggins wrote: »
    Aaa... like here?


    LINK.

    The paper even names the judge that issued the order and the date he was supposed to have paid by!
    That good enough?

    I suspect not!

    Good man Biggins..

    robbo, seamus -> in your face !!


  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989


    Conflict of interest he must now resign


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee


    daddydick wrote: »
    Lads can ye relax. Where does it say that he ignored a court order? It is quiet clear that there was delays in the drawing down of the mortgage and some other issues and it has been confirmed that the issues are now resolved and the money will be paid.

    OP you know nothing about the transaction and your post is extremely ill-informed. He does not owe 1.9m, he is part of a consortium of 5 who owe 1.9m and by the looks of it he is not going to default.

    Storm in a tea-cup.

    At the minute he is a defaulter though. As he has defaulted.

    You can polish a turd and all that......


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2


    daddydick wrote: »
    Lads can ye relax. Where does it say that he ignored a court order? It is quiet clear that there was delays in the drawing down of the mortgage and some other issues and it has been confirmed that the issues are now resolved and the money will be paid.

    OP you know nothing about the transaction and your post is extremely ill-informed. He does not owe 1.9m, he is part of a consortium of 5 who owe 1.9m and by the looks of it he is not going to default.

    Storm in a tea-cup.


    Yes - i'm aware he's in a consortium of 5 who owe the debt.
    Storm in a tea-cup - only because he got caught, he was trying to get away with it. he's only sorry his name appeared in the paper


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    Seeing as Mr Reilly was one of the men that backed Enda to keep him as head of the Party when an over throw was attempted previously, I suspect these lads are looking out for each other - yet again.

    Whats that single word again that we used to say about Fianna Fail?
    O' yea, possible more "cronyism?"
    EMBATTLED Health Minister Dr James Reilly will make a statement to the Dail at 10pm tonight on his listing as a debt defaulter.

    Strange though too that Mr Reilly is allowed without hassle, to make a statement ot the Dail but as one TD found out just weeks ago when he wanted to make a statemnt to the Dail about his finances, he was stopped!

    MORE double standards. One rule for others, another just for the government TD's!


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus


    I'm not writing it out again:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79660683&postcount=14

    For those too lazy to click a link, long before he even ran for the Dail, he invested in a nursing home as part of a consortium which was due to buy out the entire home. Something went wrong and the consortium could no longer cover the purchase. There is no option on Dr. Reilly's part to buy out or exit the consortium as the entire debt must be paid in one go.

    When he became Minister for Health, he shed all possible conflicts of interest, but had no feasible way of getting out of this one. So on the recommendation of the body who looks after conflicts, he gave his solicitor full control of the matter.

    The consortium as a whole had failed to meet the deadline date for payment, but will according to him, still pay the debt in full.

    It's a total non-story, he's done nothing morally or ethically wrong and there's no evidence of any kind that he's been trying to keep this hidden or avoid his obligations.

    The opposition knew about this investment when he was appointed Minister for Health. Funny they didn't make a stink about it then.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    seamus wrote: »
    ...The opposition knew about this investment when he was appointed Minister for Health. Funny they didn't make a stink about it then.

    Did they?
    Can you confirm this? Link?
    Also he was not a defaulter at that stage either.

    For Kenny to stand up and say that O'Reillys business interests are "entirely in order" is taking the piss - but then we're taking about Kenny anyway, whats new!


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus


    Biggins wrote: »
    Did they?
    Can you confirm this? Link?
    http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/tdssenators/registerofmembersinterests/

    Register of Member's interests, 2011.
    (7) Green Hills Nursing Home, Carrick on Suir, Tipperary: ¼ share: care of the elderly: interest transferred to blind trust as per SIPO advice;

    Totally wide open and 100% declared. But suddenly now it's a conflict of interests when it serves FF & SF to make it so.
    Also he was not a defaulter at that stage either.
    So? Does being a "defaulter" make him diseased or something?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy


    Biggins wrote: »
    Did they?
    Can you confirm this? Link?
    Also he was not a defaulter at that stage either.

    For Kenny to stand up and say that O'Reillys business interests are "entirely in order" is taking the piss - but then we're taking about Kenny anyway, whats new!

    That is the point, the other issues being raised are side issues. He did not comply with a high court order and as such should be unfit to hold public office. The standards for public office are set so low in this country it makes you wonder what it would actually take for someone to resign or be removed. It is definitely not a non-issue


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    seamus wrote: »

    Appreciate the link.
    So knowing his future possible debt - he still passed the buck with further non-action and non-complied with a court order!
    seamus wrote: »
    So? Does being a "defaulter" make him diseased or something?
    No - just a person that has legally broken a state court order.
    When you and I do that, we are probably deemed criminals and arrest warrants are usually issued so a judge can drag our ass back into court to find out whats going on!

    Has any of this has happened in the case of O'Reilly!


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2


    seamus wrote: »
    I'm not writing it out again:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79660683&postcount=14

    For those too lazy to click a link, long before he even ran for the Dail, he invested in a nursing home as part of a consortium which was due to buy out the entire home. Something went wrong and the consortium could no longer cover the purchase. There is no option on Dr. Reilly's part to buy out or exit the consortium as the entire debt must be paid in one go.

    When he became Minister for Health, he shed all possible conflicts of interest, but had no feasible way of getting out of this one. So on the recommendation of the body who looks after conflicts, he gave his solicitor full control of the matter.

    The consortium as a whole had failed to meet the deadline date for payment, but will according to him, still pay the debt in full.

    It's a total non-story, he's done nothing morally or ethically wrong and there's no evidence of any kind that he's been trying to keep this hidden or avoid his obligations.

    The opposition knew about this investment when he was appointed Minister for Health. Funny they didn't make a stink about it then.

    Yes Seamus I also heard that he gave full control of the matter to his solicitor which stinks of even more bs.

    Does this mean I can go out, borrow 2 million, spend it, give control of the matter to my solicitor and walk away from my debts ?

    Why is it Irish people support corrupt leaders, I do not understand this or is everyone that sticks up for these people trolls looking for an arguement ??


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    A fellow commenter after the Indo article also puts the situation like this:
    Surely the really scary issue here isn't about debt defaulting but that our Minster for Health has a massive unacceptable conflict of interest. This is indisputable, he as a private speculator, invested in nursing homes, stands to gain considerable personal profit from the very policy decisions he is charge of in the department of health. This could only be allowed to happen in a banana republic. Surely he must either resign his position or sell his interest, forfeiting any profit made while in office.
    LINK

    Now he DID NOT make profit while in office but had his business stayed successful in this case, after he left as a TD, the profit would be there eventually for him to gain - possibly helped by created decisions while in office!
    ...the conflict remains so long as the business interest and ultimate benefit exists.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster


    He is an Irish politician and is above what is expected of lesser individuals in our unique class system. That is all. Live with it.
























    ;)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom


    seamus wrote: »


    So? Does being a "defaulter" make him diseased or something?

    Not diseased.......... but he may have to get a tattoo
    "We are not going to have the name defaulter written across our foreheads." Enda Kenny in the Dail (24th january2012)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta


    Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Does this mean I can go out, borrow 2 million, spend it, give control of the matter to my solicitor and walk away from my debts ?

    He didn't borrow any money.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins


    Thank you Mikom, thats the very words from Kenny I was looking for, which I knew Kenny stated.

    ...But of course, as its now one of his own - well that all different.

    A man that was/is closing state homes - yet had a business interest in private homes where some of those kicked out of the state homes, night have ended up in without choice and force to further pay-up more!

    ...And some can't see a clear conflict of interest? Amazing blindness!

    The fact is that he should NOT have been given the office he holds from the very beginning.
    More stupidity from Enda.
    (Besides the double-standards, being a coward and a liar!)


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus


    Biggins wrote: »
    So knowing his future possible debt - he still passed the buck with further non-action and non-complied with a court order!
    This sentence makes no sense. He "passed the buck" because he had no other option. "Knowing" his future possible debt is irrelevant.
    No - just a person that has legally broken a state court order.
    When you and I do that, we are probably deemed criminals and arrest warrants are usually issued so a judge can drag our ass back into court to find out whats going on!
    He had a judgement registered against him. I think you're getting confused about what it means.

    If this happened to you or me, our names would appear in Stubbs' just the same. There would be no summons or arrests. That's just nonsense.
    Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Yes Seamus I also heard that he gave full control of the matter to his solicitor which stinks of even more bs.

    Does this mean I can go out, borrow 2 million, spend it, give control of the matter to my solicitor and walk away from my debts ?
    Like I said, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

    You have no evidence that he has "walked away" from anything. Failure to pay by a specific date doesn't mean that it won't be paid. Maybe give the guy a chance to explain his side before you judge him. You know, the same rights that you would demand you be given?
    Biggins wrote: »
    Now he DID NOT make profit while in office but had his business stayed successful in this case, after he left as a TD, the profit would be there eventually for him to gain - possibly helped by created decisions while in office!
    If things had been different, he would have sold his share when he became Minister. That's the point; he was unable to sell his share or buy himself out of the business.

    Nobody here has yet pointed out where the Minister has done anything morally, ethicall or legally wrong.
    He had a judgement registered against him because he was part of a consortium that failed to pay a debt by a deadline. Until we have more information, that alone isn't enough to declare that he's in the wrong.
    Otherwise you may as well declare that everyone who's in arrears on their mortgage is just a shyster trying to avoid paying their debts.

    The hypocrasy in this thread...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh


    seamus wrote: »
    I'm not writing it out again:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79660683&postcount=14

    For those too lazy to click a link, long before he even ran for the Dail, he invested in a nursing home as part of a consortium which was due to buy out the entire home. Something went wrong and the consortium could no longer cover the purchase. There is no option on Dr. Reilly's part to buy out or exit the consortium as the entire debt must be paid in one go.

    When he became Minister for Health, he shed all possible conflicts of interest, but had no feasible way of getting out of this one. So on the recommendation of the body who looks after conflicts, he gave his solicitor full control of the matter.

    The consortium as a whole had failed to meet the deadline date for payment, but will according to him, still pay the debt in full.

    It's a total non-story, he's done nothing morally or ethically wrong and there's no evidence of any kind that he's been trying to keep this hidden or avoid his obligations.

    The opposition knew about this investment when he was appointed Minister for Health. Funny they didn't make a stink about it then.

    can i just add, he's not the head of the HSE. small point, but the OP was wrong to say that.


Advertisement