Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale Handler for a MF 80 Loader

Options
  • 08-07-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hello there

was just doing some googling when it threw up this website :)

I have a MF 165 with a massey 80 loader on it, this is just used to muck out sheds,

I was thinking of buying a round bale handler for it like this (loader is plumbed for third function)

stacker3.jpg

Would it a bit to much to ask of a MF 165 to work one of these and stack silage with it ?

(I'm increase cow numbers and amount of bales made and storage space is tight)

Regards

Hay man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

Any bale handler on a 165 with a bale on front will be tough going.

Won't do the front wheel bearings much good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

depends on the bales. a mate used do it until recent years, but the bales are getting so heavy now that it's no longer able to stack em. need a bale on the back at all times too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Hay_man

Yes was just thinking the same myself to.

From looking at tractor data the 165 is rated at 58hp so it would be to big of a ask of it alright,

I suppose I was best to upgrade to a 590 or a 690 might be the best thing to do,

Would a 690 2WD be will fit to comfortly lift a bale of say heavy wet silage with a front loader ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

The hp has little/nothing to do with it.

The loader is what counts, for a given PSI of hydraulic pressure a particular loader design will only lift so much, the same loader on a bigger tractor will only lift more if the bigger tractor had a higher hydraulic pressure.

there isnt a massive variation in hydraulic pressures.

if properly counterweighted there shouldnt be "too much" load on the front axle.

A bigger 2wd might have a stronger front axle and you could get a bigger/stronger loader fitted but really a 4wd is better for heavy lifting as it has a much stronger front axle, and the tyres will offer better flotation also.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Hi I have a Massey Ferguson 165 with 80 loader I’m looking for a dung fork very hard to get have tried everywhere is anybody selling one or do they know where I can get one thanks ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement