Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye vs Chisora July 14

Options
  • 06-07-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

How do you see it going?

I see Haye on the back foot potshotting, Chisora attacking relentlessly but not landing much and getting countered and picked off. Chisora's chin is pretty solid so I see it going the distance. He doesn't have the skills to outbox Haye and I can't see him getting on him enough to KO him.

Haye UD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Good analysis I think Cowzer. I think Haye will try and do exactly what you said. He aint gonna knock Chisora out. I see Chisora having some early success but Haye taking over in the later rounds as Chisora tires. It's far from impossible that Chisora could secure a KO here though. He's going to try and make this an inside fight and Haye won't like it .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Chisora will have Haye on the ropes in the early rounds and punch himself out by round 5, haye will jab him to death for the next couple of rounds before moving in and taking him out. I see tko for haye by round 7-8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Dunno what to make of this fight. I can kind of see the argument laid out above, but would add that haye has serious stamina issues of his own, I've seen him gassed and sucking for air pretty early on in fights, so if chisora can hang around for long enough it could turn into a messy one.

I'll be in London and am half toying with going to the fight, for the laugh, but really don't want to put money into either of those guys pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Dunno what to make of this fight. I can kind of see the argument laid out above, but would add that haye has serious stamina issues of his own, I've seen him gassed and sucking for air pretty early on in fights, so if chisora can hang around for long enough it could turn into a messy one.

I'll be in London and am half toying with going to the fight, for the laugh, but really don't want to put money into either of those guys pockets.

Slightly off-topic but if you're there anyway you should try to get along and show support for Gary 'Spike' O Sullivan in his WBO title fight against Matthew Hall which is the 'Co-Billing'.

Personally I reckon that if Haye survives a first 2 round onslaught from Chisora in any way half decent condition then he'll go on to win in 7 or 8.

Double Post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

It wouldn't surprise me if chisora tried to bite Haye in the face during this fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gav_dub100

For me Chisora offers a very similar puzzle to that of John Ruiz; slow footed, pressure fighter with a good chin and a knockout ratio of around 50%. The difference being that Ruiz fought a much higher level of opposition (See his Evander Holyfield trilogy).

Haye TKO within 6

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

minty16 wrote: »
    Good analysis I think Cowzer.

He may be smart but he aint Cowzer ;)

I think it will be a very negative fight by Haye and if he does not get caught he should win well, Chisora needs to make it a dog fight and if he can he will win it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The best outcome for all of us is for a load of the lights above the ring to fall on them. Everyone wins then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hey guys,

Is this on Box Nation, If so does anyone know of pubs / clubs showing the fight?

I think Derek has improved in recent times but not as much as he is getting credit for. IMO Haye stops him in the middle rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Hey guys. Anybody know if the fight is on any of the German channels like RTL or ZDF like recent big fights or is that just for those fought in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Can not wait for this fight , I'm a Haye fan , I know there is not many of us but I like the guy and am glad he came back for this .
    He just didn't perform against Wladamir and was 2nd best on the night .

I can not stand Chisora but I do think he could be dangerous , Haye would be by far the better boxer but if he gets drawn into a battle it might not end well for him .

Dying for this fight

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

I have Haye winning in mid to late rounds - probably the ref stopping it with del boy taking to many shots. He may have a good chin but if you are getting hit with a **** load of punches without answering back, which is sure to happen at various points, then the ref stops it.

No way in hell is del boy winning this - Haye is in a different league altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I see it being quite close for the first two rounds. Then Vince McMahon will make an appearance and break a tinfoil chair over Adam booth's head. With everybody's attention diverted Chisora will seize the opportunity to jump out of the ring and grab the fight bell. Meanwhile Haye will look around confused as the crowd shout "he's behind you!" to which Haye will reply "oh no he isn't", with the spectators duly replying with "oh yes he is."

Chisora will slip back into the ring and hit Haye over the head with the bell sending him to the canvass. The referee ( who misses the assault) will reach the count of 9 before Haye hops to his feet and unleashes a volley of punches on Chisora while stamping his foot to the rythm of each punch. Just when we think the fight is over... the Hulk,Razor Ramon,the Undertaker and Alex Reid, will dive into the ring causing a mass brawl which results in the match being abandoned. And that people, is where we are at with this ridiculous fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think myself that a lot of it will come down to Chisora's conditioning, if its ok I can see him winning. Haye does not throw enough punches for me and is not agressive enough.

There is a chance that this fight could be a farce though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

ebbsy wrote: »
    I think myself that a lot of it will come down to Chisora's conditioning, if its ok I can see him winning. Haye does not throw enough punches for me and is not agressive enough.

There is a chance that this fight could be a farce though.

Yeah, on reflection I've decided not to go or even watch, it's just the antithesis of what big time boxing should be about and will only be bad for the sport in the long run. Both these chumps are coming off losses, but they'll get a big pay day, not for their quality, or even their appeal, rather, for their disgraceful behaviour and some promoter concocted animosity.

I'm sure it will be a great entertainment for non boxing fans who appreciate violence for its own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

could anyone please tell me what time the main fight will be starting? as in how early could it realisticly start?

I think Chisora has a decent chance in this, he could well knock out Haye if he is smart enough. He has a tough chin and showed decent skill against Vitali, although he was completely outboxed that night.

Saying that, I still think Haye isn't a natural heayweight, and that might be his only issue. He could well outbox Chisora but the early rounds I think will be crucial for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Slightly off-topic but if you're there anyway you should try to get along and show support for Gary 'Spike' O Sullivan in his WBO title fight against Matthew Hall which is the 'Co-Billing'.

Big chance for Spike, hope he takes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

+1 on Matthew Hall v Spike O’Sullivan. Sounds like it could be a cracker.

"He was set to face Jack Culcay but a late switch because of German television schedules means he must take on the 27-year-old Irishman instead. Hall insists he won’t make a permanent move to middleweight but remains convinced he can make the step up."

/Middle round TKO for Haye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

has anyone seen a running order for saturday night? want to know what time Spike's fight is on at

Running Order:

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/07/david-haye-v-dereck-chisora-running.html

STADIUM DOORS OPEN @ 17:30 HRS

Contest # 1 – 18:00 hrs
    6 X 3 Minute Rounds Light-Welterweight Contest
    BRADLEY SAUNDERS V KEVIN McCAULEY

Contest # 2
    8 X 3 Minute Rounds Welterweight Contest
    RONNIE HEFFRON V PETER McDONAGH

MUSIC BREAK

Contest # 3
    THE VACANT WBO INTERNATIONAL MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    12 X 3 Minute Rounds @ 160 lbs
    MATTHEW HALL V GARY O’SULLIVAN

MUSIC BREAK

Contest # 4
    THE VACANT WBO EUROPEAN LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    12 X 3 Minutes Rounds
    LIAM WALSH V DOMENIC URBANO

Contest # 5 – 21:50 (Ring Walks Commence)
    THE VACANT WBO AND WBA INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    10 X 3 Minute Rounds
    DERECK CHISORA V DAVID HAYE

Contest # 6 - FLOATER
    6 X 3 Minute Rounds Contest
    TBA V TBA

23:00 HRS CLOSE

*ALL TIMINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE*

Going on that I'd be 'guesstimating' that Spike should be on sometime soon after or close to 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Cant believe Chisora is 37lbs heavier than Haye. I see Haye winning this comfortably on points. Chisora doesn't have the power to take him out and cant see him outboxing him. He has a small chance of outworking him I suppose but I see Haye doing the cleaner and more eye catching work. Chisora seems durable enough, Haye doesn't throw enough and the fact its over 10 rounds means I don't think Haye will stop him either.

Haye UD for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭pcworldisajoke

chisora has had four fights since haye had one. Dont know heaps about boxing, but thats not good for anyone in sport to be out that long, and chisora was robbed in finland too. Im having a small punt on Chisora to stop him, he wont win on points anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anyone watching hall v osullivan at the moment? It's a fairly good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

How did spike's fight go?

Any streams of this? none of the local pubs are showing it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I have haye to ko him before round 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

How did spike's fight go?

he won :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm predicting a long one, definitely see it going to points. I think Haye will take it by a narrow margin of under 5 points.

(Now that I've said that Chisora will KO him in Round 2 :rolleyes:)

Advertisement