Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betfair noob question

• 05-07-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi lads just new to betfair but I'm confused. I LAY a bet as follows:

Lay 23.26 @ 1.60

Horse looses

Betfair say my account is -13.95?

What Am I doing wrong i thought I would have been paid out if the horse lost - :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

And did the horse lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

maybe you layed the horse in the place market instead of the win market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

did you click on the pick box or the blue box.
    Can you screenshot your betting history from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 frankie123

sounds like you laid in the place market unfortunately so the horse must have placed.

what was the name of the horse? date placed etc?

i am a keen gambler on sports and as much as it has been said, i cant stress how important it is to concentrate and understand exactly what you are betting on, its common sense advice but you'd be surprised how often people make mistakes , back instead of pay, didnt understand the ante post rules, place terms etc etc

LAY= u win if the horse loses in outright win market

PLACE LAY= u win if the horse is unplaced, if there are less than 8 runners, u only get paid 2 places, however on betfair if there are 8 runners declared initially and one or two etc is a non runner you still get paid on betfair for 3 places as those were the terms to begin with. this is not the case with other bookmakers.

im on the forum on betfair daily, if i can help u i will.

look for username ILIKEWAVINGATBUSES.

all the best, dont squander all your money :)

Advertisement