Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do during an Irish Summer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Look out the window and complain about it raining and ask is the summer going to come at all.... just the same as we did last summer and the ones before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

At least your not like the other sarcastic fools.

Sarcasm in AH?
    Fuck me, thats a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I often think how unimaginative we have been. Other countries have adapted and made their weather conditions a part of their culture. In Ireland we are still surprised when its pissing rain in June.

We should be used to it by now and be able to make the most of it.

Nonsense. We invented the pub because of the rain. For centuries it worked like a swisss watch.

Nice day - ah I fancy a cider.
    Sh1t day - well its a day for a high stool

Then the bastards ruined it all by putting up the drink, closing the pubs, serving ****in lattes and banning drink driving. This will take decades for the Irish psyche to adapt to

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Heroin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

Watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
    Then join a Karate class and do some meditation.
    By the time summer is over you should be a qualified ninja.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The young lad is sensitive. Have a ****. It might clear the horn fever you've got temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Hibernate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

woodoo wrote: »
    Look out the window and complain about it raining and ask is the summer going to come at all.... just the same as we did last summer and the ones before

I want the summers from the '90s back. I remember weeks of sunshine and hardly any rain. I spent all day out in the streets and the park. It hardly ever rained. The last decent summer was in 2007. I used to get sun burned as a kid playing outside. I haven't got even a tan here in years.

Climate change big time. We are getting warmer and wetter summers just like they said and calmer winters. We are actually getting sunnier weather in winter now even though its cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I swear, I think I'm growing webbed feet. Get me off this godforsaken rock before I wind up terrorizing a small Japanese village!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Put down a fire because it might as well be winter:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

McChubbin wrote: »
    I swear, I think I'm growing webbed feet. Get me off this godforsaken rock before I wind up terrorizing a small Japanese village!

The Japanese have had enough trouble. Terrorize China for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Drink copious amounts of alcohol and write a letter to Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

you & your mates get rain gauges & compare rainfall amounts in your own back gardens ;)
    if not just play xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Shryke wrote: »
    The Japanese have had enough trouble. Terrorize China for a bit.
    HAIRY JAPANESE BASTARDS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

There's plenty of different festivals happening around the country each weekend. Pick one you'd like and head off for a couple of nights, you don't have to spend a tonne of money either, a lot of them are free.

Thanks, that sounds like a plan to me. At least your not like the other sarcastic fools.

I suppose cow tipping is out of the question then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

i've been trying to start a fight club for 5 years. Does anyone know how the hell you're meant to invite people? there's only so many times one can beat oneself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Make productive use of your time. Learn a language or a new skill.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

phasers wrote: »
    i've been trying to start a fight club for 5 years. Does anyone know how the hell you're meant to invite people? there's only so many times one can beat oneself.

You're breaking the rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Change the light bulbs in our house

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Jester252 wrote: »
    Change the light bulbs in our house

Standing on a chair up to your armpits in flood-water and changing light bulbs don't mix.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Go to the beach when it dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Standing on a chair up to your armpits in flood-water and changing light bulbs don't mix.:(

As long as you only touch the glass part of the bulb you should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

learn to windsurf.

honestly when you think about it with all this wind and rain you might as well do something that uses wind and involves getting wet anyway.

I can't do it as i have glasses and can't wear contacts. butthe rest of you have no excuse.

I'll be off walking in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You're breaking the rules...
    See that's the problem I'm having. Does advertising on Facebook count as talking about it dyou reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

Go to gigs! Lots of free ones on all the time if you're in Dublin or any of the cities. Ye can get by without drinking much because you're being entertained and they finish at about eleven so you can still get public transport home. You find lots of brilliant bands and musicians this way too so you get extra entertainment from the new cds. They usually sell them for a fiver.
    I'm off to a gig tonight! If you want a list of free regular gigs in Dublin I know a fair few! As longs as you're not a very young looking seventeen year old. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WhiteRose90

Complain as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

If you're even a bit into computers, download an eBook and learn a programming language. Great skill to have - I'd say go out and get the ride, but if you're anything like me at 17 that's wishful thinking. Come to think of it, maybe that's related to the whole computer nerd thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

hmmm

fap fap fap

Nope, cant think of anything..

fap fap fap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Go to the cliffs of moher and watch a huge body of water from a great height while even more water falls on you from an even greater height.

Thank you savage eye :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Spanish teenagers spend the summer

1. Hanging out at the beach
    2. Playing volleyball with their scantily clad female friends
    3. Swimming and ogling the the flesh
    4. Playing football
    5. Playing tennis
    6.Partying on the beach around campfires in the late evening
    7.etc etc

Irish teenagers

1.fap
    2.fap some more cos its still fúckin' pishin' down.

Advertisement