Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sexing chickens and other queries

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

first time to keep chicks and have 5 healthy looking happy ones. have no idea if male or female though but today i notice 2 of them putting it up to each other stretching necks puffing feathers out. just for a couple of seconds. im fairly sure 1 is a cock because it is bigger than the rest with a darker comb and feathery ankles. they are great craic so far. they have loads of space but when the sun comes out they just flop down on top of each other. and as i write this the big white one just reared up on one i thought was a hen and the "hen" backed down. is this normal? are they playing or is the big white one just a jerk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement