Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparison Chart: Whey Proteins

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

So, I put together this chart comparing Kinetica Whey Protein and Matrix Whey protein.
    My question is this... Are the extra Amino Acids in Kinetica worth the extra money? I've used Matrix and its really nice but they are really pushing the Kinetica stuff in my gym, claiming its the best thing since sliced bread!
    Im gonna be placing an order soon and id love some impartial advice.

***NOTE: KINETICA FIGURES BASED ON 30g SERVING, MATRIX FIGURES BASED ON 45g SERVING.***

WheyComparison.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Your numbers are wrong in the chart.
    You have Matrix listed as 24g protein, 2.7g fat and 11g carbs per 30g serve. Which can't be right as that totals 37.7g
    More likely to be a 40 or 45g serve. So you aren't comparing similar quanities.

The carbs in matrix are quite high, which means the protein % is lower. Thats the reason the amino profile is lower also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You'd be better off with Kinetica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Mellor wrote: »
    Your numbers are wrong in the chart.
    You have Matrix listed as 24g protein, 2.7g fat and 11g carbs per 30g serve. Which can't be right as that totals 37.7g
    More likely to be a 40 or 45g serve. So you aren't comparing similar quanities.

The carbs in matrix are quite high, which means the protein % is lower. Thats the reason the amino profile is lower also.

Youre right sorry, the Matrix numbers are based on a 45g serving :ooops:o

Kinetica is worth the extra money?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Legits

Kinetica seems to be worth it to me but it really depends on your preference.
    I have a discount code for Kinetica trough groupschemeIts: GRO20
    when ordered of the Kinetica website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

7ofBrian wrote: »
    [

Youre right sorry, the Matrix numbers are based on a 45g serving :ooops:o

Kinetica is worth the extra money?
    Kinetica is the better protein supplement.
    Matrix has its benefits too, the carbs are high, which would make it ideal post workout, but as a general protein not sO much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It's €44 for a tub of Kinetica from fitnessireland.ie with free delivery. Great price for a WPC/WPI blend

It's €44 for a tub of Kinetica from fitnessireland.ie with free delivery. Great price for a WPC/WPI blend

That seems like a good deal. €70 for 2.24KG whey protein, 500g creatine, a shaker and t-shirt!
    Think ill order some when ulsterbank pull their heads out of their ****ing arses!!! (or do fitnessireland offer a COD service?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GRECO

You can get a 4.5kg bag of Kinetica, free shaker and either 200 bcaa of 500g creatine for €80 on hpnutrition.ie which is even better

This is great! Cheers for the sources guys! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gypsycdn

I am getting back into fitness and strength training, and am from Canada, so not used to the Irish protein products. I will try Kinetica. Thanks!

Advertisement