Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vibrations and slipping into dreams???

Options
  • 01-07-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm not very knowledgeabe when it comes to all of the terms and whatnot but I regularly get sleep paralysis, I'm pretty sure thats what you call it. Every morning when i wake up,or think I've woken up, I can't move or talk for about 20 seconds it feels until I have to summon all my strength into jolting upwards and snapping myself out of it. I've had it for years now.

Now last night something that has never happened before occured and I'm not sure if it's linked but it may be. I was definitely awake but it was like 4am so I was very sleepy. I was able to consciously slip into a dream, well not into a dream but into sleep paralysis, which is a form of dream. But whilst in sleep paralysis I was too scared to stay in it so I snapped out of it. I kept doing this about 20 times may be and every time I would just fall into sleep paralysis and not a dream.
    Then eventually, and this is he weird thing, my entire body started to vibrate like crazy, it was scary but it felt incredible at the same time. It felt so real, maybe it was. I've been able to consciously slip into dreams before, as in I would close my eyes and feel myself begin to dream, but never vibrations.

Does anybody know what the whole vibrations thing is? Or can anybody explain why I get sleep paralysis every morning?
    And for extra credit, can anybody tell me what would happen if I didnt snap out of my sleep paralysis and just went with it? I hear people try do get sleep paralysis so am I lucky that I can get it whenever I want? Am i missing out on something by snapping out of it?

So many questions I apolagize, any help is appreciated, thanks for reading.

Advertisement