Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slenderhealth Raheny

Options
  • 29-06-2012 9:52am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about joining slender health in Raheny, just wondering what are people's opinions/thoughts about the place.

It looks quiet girly which is a bit of a worry, but any advice on what its like, whats the equipment like and if there are any classes useful for guys.

Thanks all! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

Had membership there for a year, I live right beside Raheny so it was a handy walk. Depends on what you're looking for fitness wise? If you're going for cardio and classes then it's fine, has all the normal equipment for that.

If you're going for weight lifting then that's where I had a problem. For example they have only two swiss bar benchs, there are a number of other machines but their free weights area was often cramped when I went (that could have changed since I went but the location is quite small so I doubt it).

My main problem was getting over the lack of equipment, however the people who work there were always very helpful and friendly.

For the price though it's still a good deal, I was offered 125 euro for a year's membership not too long ago. You could always find other techniques with free weights as a way of working around the lack of equipment.

Hope this helps!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cardio would be my main aim of going so the weights thing isnt the end of the world, with regarding the price its currently €99 for 3months, €125 for the year sounds amazing, how would i get that kind of offer? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

Well it was their 25th anniversary last year, but they had the deal going for past members not too long ago (I am on their text list, get a membership update every month!).

I paid 147 for three months when I went, so it's a good bit cheaper nowadays! If it's just for cardio then you will be fine, I never found it too girly (although my mates did give me stick over it! :pac: )

If you haven't done this already, ask for a tour of the place as it'll take only 5 mins and you'll get a good gauge of what the place is about (I went for the tour for when I'd usually be able to go, check out how busy, was there queues for machines/weights etc.)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Klept0 wrote: »
    If you haven't done this already, ask for a tour of the place as it'll take only 5 mins and you'll get a good gauge of what the place is about (I went for the tour for when I'd usually be able to go, check out how busy, was there queues for machines/weights etc.)

Great idea. Sorry one last question, do they have lockers, if so do you have to bring your own lock?

Advertisement