Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

{old} So fuel prices are beginning to fall now.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Stinicker wrote: »
    Cutting fuel tax will stimulate the economy and help to create jobs by diverting tax money into other areas of the economy. When you have to spend €120 to fill the car each week you sure is hell aint going to go for dinner or a weekend away. LPG gas needs to be vastly encouraged and when people see Unleaded €1.70, Diesel €1.66 and LPG €0.75 up there on the fuel pricing there will be stampede for conversions. I'm going to convert my own car to LPG soon and I actually now hope that Petrol skyrockets to €2/l so that LPG becomes more popular as sourcing it in rural areas is troublesome.

You can be sure that if LPG does get more popular then the cost won't stay low for long, they'll tax the hell out of it so that it will be in line with diesel and petrol prices. They'll need to make up the lost revenue from petrol and diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

You can be sure that if LPG does get more popular then the cost won't stay low for long, they'll tax the hell out of it so that it will be in line with diesel and petrol prices. They'll need to make up the lost revenue from petrol and diesel.
    Exactly, Ireland is not Netherlands, where price of LPG is stable. Once they see the move towards LPG, they will kill it by putting up taxes on LPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Can I just say that Conor Faughnan by coming on the media and predicting a substantial rise is oil prices is playing entirely into the hands of the fuel importers and retailers. Instantly you will find petrol retailers increasing the prices at the pumps particularly in rural areas. Why is Mr Faughnan doing this? I strongly believe that he is behaving irresponsibly and certainly is not acting in the interest of the motorist, which after all is the brief of the AA. Is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Genuinely dreading the 2 euro per litre when it everntually comes.
    I remember dreading the 1 euro per litre back in the day too.

My fuel price has been relateively stable this year, still time to start looking at car pooling though.

217576.PNG

Advertisement