Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**DEBS SUITS**

Options
  • 29-06-2012 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Are all you boys ready for your debs?????? I have mine in Sept and still do not have a date or a suit. Any tips on how to get a girl easy without being to embarassed when asking, and so on.

What suit did you get?
    What color and make?
    How much did you pay?
    Where did you buy?
    Best place to buy a suit?

*POST PICS OF YOUR SUIT AND/OR A PIC OF YOURSELF IN YOUR SUIT!*:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

Are all you boys ready for your debs?????? I have mine in Sept and still do not have a date or a suit. Any tips on how to get a girl easy without being to embarassed when asking, and so on.

What suit did you get?
    What color and make?
    How much did you pay?
    Where did you buy?
    Best place to buy a suit?

*POST PICS OF YOUR SUIT AND/OR A PIC OF YOURSELF IN YOUR SUIT!*:)
    Meh i bought the cheapest suit i cud find ita black with faint stripes! Dnt no the price it was leas than 100 anyways.. Ull only wear it once tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Haha I haven't even sorted out a date for it yet! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

white suits are social suicide.......

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I'm a girl and just wanted to say that most girls would be really flattered to be asked , most would love to be asked so don't be embarassed and we find it just as hard to ask guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I was turned down bad by my crush so I don't even want to go to the debs now :x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Bought my suit in River Island, grey with a black trim, looks savage tbh :P Cost me and around 250 for the jacket and trousers, about 60 for the shirt and like maybe 70 for the shoes but it was well worth the money! I've gotten loads of wear out of it since last year (debs, wedding, grad etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

I was turned down bad by my crush so I don't even want to go to the debs now :x

Don't worry about it, i know aload of people (both groups of lads and girls and mixed) who are just going with their friends :) You'll probably be in a group for most of it, at your table and stuff.. so chin up your not alone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I'm renting a suit. Probably a tux too! =) SHLICK MAWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Going to get a tux, won't be a particularly expensive one however.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Don't know if you have a Galvins for Men around where you live but they're doing a debs deal. Suit, shirt, tie and shoes for 200. Gorgeous suits as well I'll link you to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150837285802132&set=a.376992577131.165240.316063637131&type=1&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

€30 up in Tesco in Enniskillen, and just as good as if i payed €300 for one

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Rented from debenhams, they measure you and get an exact fit and order the suit in. Cost round 70. Includes cravat, blazer, waist coat, shirt, trousers and cufflinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

€30 up in Tesco in Enniskillen, and just as good as if i payed €300 for one

Tesco have those suits in Maynooth as well as far as I know :D Not 30 euro though... 50 for the jacket and trousers. But I suppose you'd spend 20+ on petrol heading up north so it's near enough the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

chomps_x wrote: »
    Tesco have those suits in Maynooth as well as far as I know :D Not 30 euro though... 50 for the jacket and trousers. But I suppose you'd spend 20+ on petrol heading up north so it's near enough the same :D

Not if you use green diesel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Pretty sure I will just rent a suit/tux.My family's boring and never have that much special occasions so seems like the best option :P

David1994 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I will just rent a suit/tux.My family's boring and never have that much special occasions so seems like the best option :P

University balls, weddings...etc.
    They will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

What's best a normal tie or a bow tie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Wesc. wrote: »

I'd say normal tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Wesc. wrote: »

Oh god a normal tie! And please, get a skinny tie. I ****ín hatte big ugly wide ties! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Sure it'll be destroyed after an hour. Puke sweat p*ss spilled drink mashed spuds spilled drink food fight blood puke spilled drink makeup ...

• Advertisement

LoYL wrote: »
    Sure it'll be destroyed after an hour. Puke sweat p*ss spilled drink mashed spuds spilled drink food fight blood puke spilled drink makeup ...

You're expecting a wild night evidently! :P

You're expecting a wild night evidently! :P

It's gonna be WIIIIILLD!!
    3pffeb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nowhere94

Oh god a normal tie! And please, get a skinny tie. I ****ín hatte big ugly wide ties! :L

AMEN to that :L I think skinny ties look best:D but ask your dates opinion :P
    Eathrin wrote: »
    It's gonna be WIIIIILLD!!
    3pffeb.jpg

We actually are getting tea and biscuits.. cant wait:D

Lads, waistcoat or no waistcoat with the suit? I bought a waistcoat to go with the suit, but am not sure if i'm going to wear it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

No DEBS date or suit yet and it's on the 18th of September! Is this too late to get all of this and ask a girl or will i be ok? Am worried I'm running out of time.

Any one have advice on this and where the best place to BUY a suit is?? Have checked M&S and their suits are fairly cheap(170 ish..) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Rent a tux, rent a ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I bought my suit including shirt, tie and shoes for 200 in a local Men's Clothes shop. Go to a few smaller, family owned shops (not large chain stores like M&S), and you might find that many of them do special offers for Debs suits.
    So as long as you're looking now don't worry about it.

As regards date, well, it's only too late on the day or the day before or whatever but the sooner you ask someone the better to leave them plenty of time to think about their dress, hair and the rest of that craic. Plus there's less chance they have something planned for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 suddyb4

just be confident man if she accepts great if she rejects just accept that also and its only 1 night its not worth all the fuss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check charity shops - they often have tuxedo suits and/or jackets.
    You can get a real bargain if you are not a standard size - tall, short, heavy or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I don't have a date either. If it comes down to it, I'm recruiting someone off he boards facebook page XD

Advertisement