Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawson Wilson, 6yo, Crumlin Dublin, Missing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

saiint wrote: »
    he lives just down the road from me about 10 min walk
    never seen him but will keep a look out
    hope he comes home safe

Broadsheet have the article up on their site now.

In this particular case, bravo to both sites highlighting it as I say the more publicity the better to find this wee guy. Fingers crossed he OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stickied for a little while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I always found the surname as a first name thing weird.

And why is this not on the news? That's nearly a week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya sounds like it could be a family/domestic/custody case considering the lack of publicity,

Funny though, got a letter from creche in the area on 1st of june...2 weeks before he went missing.

Dear Parents/Guardians,

Last week a report was made to the Gardai in relation to a resident of Cashel road and two unidentified persons driving a silver car who tried to abduct a child.

Please be extra vigilant, especially if you live in that area. Don’t hesitate to report anything suspicious to your local Garda Station.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Armelodie wrote: »
    Ya sounds like it could be a family/domestic/custody case considering the lack of publicity,

Funny though, got a letter from creche in the area on 1st of june...2 weeks before he went missing.

Dear Parents/Guardians,

Last week a report was made to the Gardai in relation to a resident of Cashel road and two unidentified persons driving a silver car who tried to abduct a child.

Please be extra vigilant, especially if you live in that area. Don’t hesitate to report anything suspicious to your local Garda Station.

Regards

2+2 making 5

I do hope it's a domestic and that at least the poor child is with one of the parents and it's not a case of abduction.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was an abduction and it's not in the media, there is great disdane towards children in state care by the media so it doesn't surprise me if this is in the mix here.

Hopefully his safe return is swift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I didn't think the point of these types of threads was for people to start giving opinions on the child's image and name. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Neeson wrote: »
    I didn't think the point of these types of threads was for people to start giving opinions on the child's image and name. Jaysus.

I agree, it's beyond insensitive.

This is a defenceless child we're talking about. I hope to god this little boy turns up safe and sound. My thoughts are with his poor family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

vicwatson wrote: »
    2+2 making 5

I do hope it's a domestic and that at least the poor child is with one of the parents and it's not a case of abduction.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was an abduction and it's not in the media, there is great disdane towards children in state care by the media so it doesn't surprise me if this is in the mix here.

Hopefully his safe return is swift.

Don't think it mentioned him being in state care anywhere though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Trace Missing Persons facebook page now asking for page to be shared in Manchester & surrounding areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Trace Missing Persons facebook page now asking for page to be shared in Manchester & surrounding areas.

According to the comments on that site . This could be the kid at the center of the vaccination case. The Mother refused to have the child Vaccinated so the father applied to get a court order to order the mother to have him vaccinated, Now it appears the mother may have done a runner to Manchester

• Advertisement

Thanks Raptor. I just read through all the comments on their main page.

The courts gave the father custody for a reason and I hope they find the boy and his mother soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I had a look on the face book page and it says his father had full custody and the mother has taken him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Have just seen this on Facebook too.

I have to say I'm as shocked as Hell at how many people are missing here and NOTHING is heard about it on the news etc.

Never mind a six year old kid.

Disgraceful:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Have just seen this on Facebook too.

I have to say I'm as shocked as Hell at how many people are missing here and NOTHING is heard about it on the news etc.

Never mind a six year old kid.

Disgraceful:mad:

He's missing with his own mother. No imminent danger one would suspect.

(Not that I condone it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

According to the Garda site;"This is subject to court proceedings." so it does look like a domestic dispute. Missingkids.ie also state the case type as 'Concern for welfare'.

So..thankfully, we are not looking at a case of a kidnapping/murder for sexual reasons.

Also, as one of the boys parents is English, it is believed that he is now in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

He is indeed with his Mother and Grandmother - neither parent is English - this is just speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That's a boy? :eek:

You cut that out!

I hope he's found safe. It probably hasn't been reported because he's with a parent, not a stranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

spockety wrote: »
    He's missing with his own mother. No imminent danger one would suspect.

(Not that I condone it)

Was not aware of this.
    So it is case of abduction, not missing child?

Are the mother and grandmother foreign nationals(take it as so considering their absconding)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Was not aware of this.
    So it is case of abduction, not missing child?

Are the mother and grandmother foreign nationals(take it as so considering their absconding)?

Yes, they're UK citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unstickying this as it appears the boy is not lost but with a parent and this seems to be a domestic dispute.

Thanks for the sticky Biko :)

I don't think he is in any danger.

Advertisement