Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What era?

• 25-06-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

The 'travelling 1000 years back in time' thread got me thinking. If you could live in any era past, present or future, what would it be? Middle ages? Jesus time? 10/100/1000 years into the future?

I like the idea of kings, castles and dragons and shit in the middle ages, but it'd probably get a bit boring with no internet or TV

Comments

Can you bring cadillacs with you? If so, dinosaurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

around 1700 to 1800, could hopefully get a job as a watch maker and 'invent' a few things on the side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If you could live in any era past, present or future, what would it be? Jesus time?

Hammer time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

1920's Paris as a rich American would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I'm good with now, I like having rights and a decent standard of living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

go back and actually invent the internet, instead of just telling people i did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I like the idea of kings, castles and dragons and **** in the middle ages, but it'd probably get a bit boring with no internet or TV

I dunno...I'm kinda glad we don't have dragons any more like they did in the middle ages :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Archeron

The age of aquarius. All those hot 70's chicks from benny hill running around in slightly speeded up mode with the funny little slaphead being all annoyed. Thems were the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

id go forward to 2017 and pick up an ipad 3 for 50 euro thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

2002 to 2007. Those were a great few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Euromillions jackpot was 150,000,000 a few weeks ago. Id look up the winning numbers and then go back to the day before the draw and buy me a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The early 1990's

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

To be coming of age in the 1930s so I could head out west and make a career for myself in the talkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'd like to live in the time when women knew their goddamn place!

*runs and hides

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The 1940's/1950's in America, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

I'd go back to August 4, 1997 and stop skynet before it became self aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

As a musician, some time around the middle of the 60's/early 70's when rock and roll and heavy metal were still as pure as the driven snow.

Seeing Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath/Jimi Hendrix in their prime?
    Yes ****ing please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I'd love to spend just one day in Ancient Rome.
    Just enough time to walk the streets, visit the temples and see a gladiatorial battle in the Colosseum. Living there wouldnt be very pleasant so one day would do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The future obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

The 1980s. I was only born in 87 so I can't remember, I missed out on the music and it was the best music ever, be it metal or pop/synth. I love 80s related stuff like GTA, Hot Tub Time Machine etc. It was also the best decade for movies and Liverpool were the best team around. It just seems like the best decade ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

1982/83 up as far as before the 2008 recession ... get the cheesy sunglasses , suit, mullet and then on into the early days of underground raves in the late 80's and early 90's. I'd also get to experience the era of Italia 90' and jack Charlton.
    Life just seemed more simple before all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

70's - Loved the shirts, suits, sideburns and the flairs

Definately the 60's America, summer of drugs,love and sex.
    Magic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

maybe future, see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

MadYaker wrote: »
    Euromillions jackpot was 150,000,000 a few weeks ago. Id look up the winning numbers and then go back to the day before the draw and buy me a ticket.

I'd go back the week before :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i'm grand where i am, thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Around November/December 999 A.D.

Looks like it would have put the Y2k bug in the shade.

http://www.theness.com/index.php/the-year-1000-a-d-and-the-millennial-panic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The 20's is the era for me. Boardwalk empire - yea baby!!

Advertisement