Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Podcast

Options
  • 25-06-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good NFL podcast

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

NFL.com Cover Two
    http://blogs.nfl.com/tags/cover-two-podcast/

Rich Eisen show
    http://richeisen.nfl.com/
    Can be awful buddy buddy with lots of waffle but now and again it's great. Download the Nmandi podcast and the Brian Dawkins podcast from this month, essential listening

NFL.com The Coaches show
    http://blogs.nfl.com/tags/the-coaches-show/
    It's over now, should be back again with the season starts
    Brian Billick is a class act and extremly knowledgeable,

ESPN Football Today
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2544457
    It's every Monday and Thursday for the off-season, goes back to daily when the season comes closer

Footballguys.com
    You either like Cecil Lammy or you don't, has that kind of personality
    It can be good at times and other times it's awful cringeful
    http://subscribers.footballguys.com/podcast/
    Very heavy fantasy football slant and they are shameless homers for the Broncos. They do hours every week, more then any podcast at the moment

All of these are in itunes, would be easier to subscribe through that and it'll download them for you every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Think it's about time we got a Boards podcast up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Football Today has started to annoy me lately, the hosts try to baulk off talking about topics like contract disputes and are about as incisive as a paper knife when it comes to forming something more than a bland opinion on anything that's not exclusively performance-related, which is the one thing they're good at.

I've listened to the ESPN First Take podcast (of the tv show of the same name, it's general sports but NFL features heavily even now) and while Bayless and Smith can be comically critical and sensationalistic I think the best NFL podcast lies somewhere between being able to analyse in depth and be willing to go out on a limb and say what you really think, the later being what Football Today is currently failing at.

They say themselves they can't explain contracts

They bring in Andrew Brandt for that
    He's a man worth following on twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/adbrandt

mikemac1 wrote: »
    They say themselves they can't explain contracts

They bring in Andrew Brandt for that
    He's a man worth following on twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/adbrandt

He's good but they use him as an excuse and as a crutch - we give our opinions on this crap and these are people who were and are privy to the inner workings of the sport so if they don't feel qualified to give their personal opinions on issues as basic as contracts disputes then I really don't think they should be football 'analysts' to begin with.

EDIT: I looked Brandt's twitter page and his most recent picture is of him topless running in a race. I guess he gets fashion advice from TO. -1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I dislike Cecil Lammy but i like the other guys on football guys so i still listen - loving Jene Brame pieces at the moment.

On football today i enjoy Matt Williamsons take on things, while Ross Tucker can be informative he is such a big stupid jock it gets annoying.

At the moment I'm also listening to:

CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Podcast
    CBSSports.com College Football Podcast
    ESPN: Fantasy Football Focus (not back for another month i think)
    FFToolbox - Fantasy Football News & NFL

I really don't enjoy the BS Report, Rich Eisen Podcast and the Dave Dameshek one, too much personal stuff and not enough football!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

The Rich Eisen one is too f***n long. Well over an hour each time. If it was good content then fine, but it's an awful lot of filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

ESPN: Fantasy Football Focus (not back for another month i think)

This is my favorite one, monthly for now until the season gets closer iirc, they also do a regular Fantasy Baseball Focus if anyone is interested. :p

Yep, Ravitz and Berry are great together, realy bounce off each other

The weasel jokes never get tired :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah the Fantasy Focus is a great listen, baseball and football. Though obviously extremely fantasy oriented.

The BS Report is good during the season as each week Simmons and Cousin Sal go through the games from a gambling perspective and he has on some good NFL analysts - Bill Barnwell, Mike Lombardi and a guy from Pro Football Talk whose name I'm blanking on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The only NFL podcast I listen to is 'NFL Rants and Raves'. Really enjoyable and can be quite funny at times. Very hit or miss as to when episodes come out during the off season but is regular enough when the season is in full swing.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tuesdays-with-aaron/id464101637

I found Tuesdays With Aaron recently, a podcast of a show on the local Milwaukee ESPN radio affiliate where Aaron Rodgers comes in and discusses his own performance, the team and next week for about an hour every Tuesday.

It's a good in-depth look at being a quarterback and a team's trials and successes. Rodgers comes across as far more frank and open than you might imagine and there's clearly good rapport between him and the host, albeit I'm only currently making my way through my first episode. I'm not even a Packers fan and it's refreshing to hear such a key player in a more relaxed environment than we're used to seeing them in.

I know alot of players do radio and media locally (Fred Jackson has his own tv show in Buffalo), but would anyone here have any favourites?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dave Dameshek podcast is always a good laugh =p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

No love for Americarnage starring those blokes off the Channel 4 show? Ok, so it's all US Sports, but they always do NFL first, so I listen to first 20mins than fast fwd to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lads is it possible to get these podcasts anywhere other than itunes. Hate itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gufc21 wrote: »
    Lads is it possible to get these podcasts anywhere other than itunes. Hate itunes.

If you use a smartphone you can download podcasts directly using any number of podcast apps. You can also download the ESPN ones direct from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

gufc21 wrote: »

If you use a smartphone you can download podcasts directly using any number of podcast apps. You can also download the ESPN ones direct from their website.

Podcast app exactly what I'm after, thanks man. Was sick of dl on iTunes having to transfer to media player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I enjoy The Coaches Show. Brian Billick and Dennis Green analyse the week gone bye. Hugely informative and accessible. Availabe free on iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry for the resurrection of this thread lads but any other podcasts to download? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

I like these ones ...

Tuesday Morning Football
    Tuesdays with Aaron
    Inside the huddle
    The coaches show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

SantryRed wrote: »
    Sorry for the resurrection of this thread lads but any other podcasts to download? :D

Anything to do with Football Today's craziness of late? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Not sure if the footballguys has been mentioned! Listened to a couple before and they were good!

Haven't listened to this one yet though

Footballguys.com - The Audible - Fantasy Football Info for Serious Fans by The Fantasy Football Experts at Footballguys.com
    https://itun.es/ie/atvNk.c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

SantryRed wrote: »

I like Shutdown Corner. Greg Cosell has been working in NFL Films for years, and watches loads of all-22 tape. Host Doug Farrar knows his stuff as well. They do a weekly podcast during the season, but are doing draft ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Anything to do with Football Today's craziness of late? :pac:
    What's happened there? Used to listen to it everyday during the season but sorted fell off the bandwagon in the last couple of months.

Not sure what ESPN are doing, lots of changes
    They shut down Baseball Today and replaced it with the bland and boring Baseball Tonight

Tucker and Williamson gone from Football Today, contracts not renewed
    Whatever the brass decide I can't see an improvement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Not sure what ESPN are doing, lots of changes
    They shut down Baseball Today and replaced it with the bland and boring Baseball Tonight

Tucker and Williamson gone from Football Today, contracts not renewed
    Whatever the brass decide I can't see an improvement!

Is their any money in podcasting though besides the shilling? I assume Tucker was looking for more money. It'll be rubbish without him or MW

Is their any money in podcasting though besides the shilling? I assume Tucker was looking for more money. It'll be rubbish without him or MW

Yeah,and I agree with mikemac too. They've ruined the baseball podcast and now look like they're going to do the same with this one. While Tucker might have been asking for too much money, Williamson is staying an ESPN employee so I doubt money is the reason for him going. So it could be that they're trying to 'shake things up' for no good reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just a heads up for anyone still without a podcast since ESPN Football Today went on hiatus, Ross Tucker now has his own podcast here.

It's only a week old so I'll give it time before I make up my mind but for now it's 3 episodes a week for the off season and every day during the regular season.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone still without a podcast since ESPN Football Today went on hiatus, Ross Tucker now has his own podcast here.

It's only a week old so I'll give it time before I make up my mind but for now it's 3 episodes a week for the off season and every day during the regular season.

Thanks for that. Good to see he brought State Farm with him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 pepperfoot

thanks , i always wanted to listen to some of those podcast. now i know where.

Advertisement