Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it something in our drink

Options
  • 25-06-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Was in town on Saturday night and I was not drinking alcohol so my senses were a little bit more alert.
    What I noticed was a group of Eastern European girls who were sitting in one corner drinking steadily,a group of Asian ladies by tge bar dancing and drinking and then the rest of the bar was mainly Irish ladies.
    As the night progressed,the Asians continued dancing,the Eastern Europe girls were chatting but slowing down and I witnessed two fights between Irosh ladies,another argument over spilt drink,a girl getting sick by the sofa,another crying about something,another going ballistic looking for her purse when it was in front of her and a few roaring abuse at passers by in the bar.
    Outside I parked the car near the town centre,I had the pleasure of witnessing another argument,had to ask some young one was she alright as she was bent over on the curb hurling pewk and had to dodge a few of them on the road as they casually walked in from of my car.
    My point being why can other girls from different races or countries go out and not get hammered and problematic,is it our fighting Celtic genes or an excess culture or am I just unlucky to witness this in one night and it's a freak event?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Foreign girls be hot, Irish girls be not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

because we drink too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Westlife concert may have been responsible for a lot of it, but it's still fairly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Sappa wrote: »
    W
    My point being why can other girls from different races or countries go out and not get hammered and problematic,is it our fighting Celtic genes or an excess culture or am I just unlucky to witness this in one night and it's a freak event?

You must be new here right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

This was in Galway and mainly in quay street where prices are higher and the crowd is supposed to be older and wiser.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've noticed that most people who act the bollox drunk, also have a tendancy to act the bollox when they are sober. You just mainly see them doing it around or shortly after drink and associate it with the drink.

No not new but just don't go out do much anymore,tired of the pub scene long ago and I think I had just forgotten what it was like and how unappealing it can be in pubs at times also I was a little embarrassed for some of the ladies who clearly don't act like this you would hope on there every day to day life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Was in town on Saturday night and I was not drinking alcohol so my senses were a little bit more alert.
    What I noticed was a group of Eastern European girls who were sitting in one corner drinking steadily,a group of Asian ladies by tge bar dancing and drinking and then the rest of the bar was mainly Irish ladies.
    As the night progressed,the Asians continued dancing,the Eastern Europe girls were chatting but slowing down and I witnessed two fights between Irosh ladies,another argument over spilt drink,a girl getting sick by the sofa,another crying about something,another going ballistic looking for her purse when it was in front of her and a few roaring abuse at passers by in the bar.
    Outside I parked the car near the town centre,I had the pleasure of witnessing another argument,had to ask some young one was she alright as she was bent over on the curb hurling pewk and had to dodge a few of them on the road as they casually walked in from of my car.

Why do asians drive over little girls in the street........... Why are Eastern European countries full of skinhead gangs............ These answers at 11.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Black women in London talk loud into their phones on the busses while eating boxes of fried chicken and are fat

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Irish girls probably polished off a bag o'naggins before heading to the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

None of this is true. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This was in Galway and mainly in quay street where prices are higher and the crowd is supposed to be older and wiser.

Was there a Boards Beers in Galway on Saturday?? May explain it :pac:

I was in Galway city on Saturday night too. I was out with about 20 people - a good chunk of whom were Irish ladies. The bar was packed and again, a big percentage of customers were Irish women. I saw people having a good time, lots of laughing, lots of chatting, and some dancing.

I guess you were just unlucky :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

unlike the countries these foreign women originated from, we let our women vote and be educated... and look at what fcukin happens, back to the kitchens with them i say! ;)

davet82 wrote: »
    unlike the countries these foreign women originated from, we let our women vote and be educated... and look at what fcukin happens, back to the kitchens with them i say! ;)

Just let us keep our naggins, we're classy like that:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Island nation, crappy weather, colonial oppression, catholic repression, how could getting locked not be on the agenda.

Irish men and women drink too much and on a regular basis. It's bad for our health and makes a mess of the place and of each other. In the continent there is a more mature and relaxed attitude to enjoying yourself.
    Here you get people getting over excited the more they drink until you'd think the world was ending tomorrow with the rate of shots and the like being done.
    Not my friends though. And not everyone else is like that, but it's there in our culture and easy enough to see if you go out any given night.

Westlife concert may have been responsible for a lot of it, but it's still fairly common.

Was drinking not too far from Croker myself on Friday & Saturday and I have to say I didn't see any trouble/puking/tomfoolery from those going to the concert. Just a lot of excited women looking forward to going to see Westlife and I hope they enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭gaffer91

frag420 wrote: »
    Foreign girls be hot, Irish girls be not.

What's with all the dissing of Irish women on boards? I think they're as attractive as most other nationalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

kfallon wrote: »
    Was drinking not too far from Croker myself on Friday & Saturday and I have to say I didn't see any trouble/puking/tomfoolery from those going to the concert. Just a lot of excited women looking forward to going to see Westlife and I hope they enjoyed it!

just blame westlife its easier :)

I'm sick of telling single men that it's the place to be;).

• Advertisement

I'm sick of telling single men that it's the place to be;).

I'm always there ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yes, clearly it is something in our drink... alcohol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

ah croke park... where the more pints ya get the better looking the outcome ;)
    I'm always there ;):p

is that a requirement in the croke park agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

It's not just the ladies in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sounds sexy. Actually, could you change the story so that the beautiful women in the bar start getting all sexy with each other..

It's not just the ladies in fairness.
    Your spot on there but I would never take notice of the fellas being a male and they probably were acting the maggot as well I just zoned in on the ladies as it was so different the behaviour between tge Irish lasses and the foreigners.
    I know Irish guys are no saints on any given night but I look at my mothers generation and I just know they were not like this,it's nice to see Irish ladies having a drink enjoying a good night out but I like a classy lady and one that behaves herself not being a nuisance same would go for myself and my mates I will have a word with a friend if he is acting the bollix but in a way where it won't kill his buzz,I just didn't see this from the ladies they let their friends act like this and even egged on one of the fights til a bouncer stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Catholic guilt causes projectile vomiting in bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

gaffer91 wrote: »
    What's with all the dissing of Irish women on boards? I think they're as attractive as most other nationalities.

I honestly reckon, judging by some of the lads I knew back home who got saddled with mares from abroad, that alot of these lads have some sort of deep hatred to attractive Irish women based on years of rejection and cant believe their luck that some, at best, ugly to mildly attractive Latvian has parked the bus and taken over half their income. Honestly, I cant ever recall anyone in the real world bak home downing Irish women to the extent you see on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So essentially you're asking why the irish can't handle their drink, like asian's do?
    You're not from this dimension are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Bambi wrote: »
    So essentially you're asking why the irish can't handle their drink, like asian's do?
    You're not from this dimension are you?

Indeed. tbh for the average Korean girl to attempt to drink 20% of an Irish girls typical night out intake would be nothing short of a suicide attempt. They get giddy on their second short, never mind 16 more of them.

Advertisement