Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Start Dates: Big 4 2012

Options
  • 25-06-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Figured it would be useful to start a thread about start dates for Big 4 grad programmes in 2012. Has anyone got their start dates yet or heard anything through the grapevine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lauma

October the 8th . Deloitte Audit. Salary € 21,500 .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

lauma wrote: »
    October the 8th . Deloitte Audit. Salary € 21,500 .

Hey Lauma , been a while since we were running around looking for a job in the Milk round thread :-)

I presume you haven't the Masters ?? A friend of mine does and his starting salary for Deloitte Audit is 22,500

KPMG start date is 17th of September and I cant wait !!!

Little Pea wrote: »
    Hey Lauma , been a while since we were running around looking for a job in the Milk round thread :-)

I presume you haven't the Masters ?? A friend of mine does and his starting salary for Deloitte Audit is 22,500

KPMG start date is 17th of September and I cant wait !!!

Hi Little Pea , yes you're right I have no masters but was sitting Cap2 exams as an exernal student last week. So hopefully , Please God I passed them :) oh dear I sound so desperate am I ? :)

Hi Little Pea , yes you're right I have no masters but was sitting Cap2 exams as an exernal student last week. So hopefully , Please God I passed them :) oh dear I sound so desperate am I ? :)

I wish you all the best for sitting them CAP2 exams, I hope you ask for a rise when you pass them ??

I wish you all the best for sitting them CAP2 exams, I hope you ask for a rise when you pass them ??

Thanks Little Pea, We shall live and see :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

Best of luck for Cap2.

But I wanted to ask "can u sit Cap 2 as an external candidate?"

I have been told by the institute that I cant.

Only Cap1 can be done so.

Best of luck for Cap2.

But I wanted to ask "can u sit Cap 2 as an external candidate?"

I have been told by the institute that I cant.

Only Cap1 can be done so.

Thanks and Yes you can , I was on pre-training contract and just before the exams they change my status from pre training to elevation . HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zizo

has anyone got an idea of the pwc start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loulatalu

I was told PwC Audit trainees will start around the 15th of October.

Loulatalu wrote: »

Thanks. Thats a bit earlier than I thought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I had heard it was the 22nd but I could be wrong. I know the contracts were sent out last week so we should have them some time this week.

Anyone hear about starting salaries ??

Eabhabear wrote: »

I had heard it was the 22nd but I could be wrong. I know the contracts were sent out last week so we should have them some time this week.

Is that for sure? Thats good news I was wondering why it was taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Loulatalu

zizo wrote: »

I was told around the 15th in an informal email from student services. It was not a concrete confirmation.

zizo wrote: »

My friend emailed them last week and they said the we should have the contracts this week which will have our starting date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Deloitte Tax with a masters - €22,500

PwC Tax with a masters - €23,500

Bit annoyed at that difference tbh. Most other years they seem to have kept it more in line with eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

anyone know what is the story with attending lectures etc? are they compulsory and how many times a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 biscuits11

Hi just wondering does anyone have any idea when the Audit department of Grant Thornton starts and what the salary might be for a person with a Masters?? Thanks:)

Deloitte Tax with a masters - €22,500

PwC Tax with a masters - €23,500

Bit annoyed at that difference tbh. Most other years they seem to have kept it more in line with eachother

Hi there ,

Where are you getting your info ? I presume KPMG would be the same as PWC anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'd be surprised if all trainees are starting at the same time? It's usually done in a couple of phases, with a few weeks between each.
    anyone know what is the story with attending lectures etc? are they compulsory and how many times a week?

They're not compulsory (well, they kind of are in theory, not so much in real life.) There's usually 1-2 on weeknights, and 1-2 full day weekend lectures, each week.

If you're in audit, I wish you luck saying to a manager/senior at 6pm on a weeknight in busy season, "Well, I'm off, I've to go to a lecture." Lol. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I'd be surprised if all trainees are starting at the same time? It's usually done in a couple of phases, with a few weeks between each.

The audit trainees do all start at the same time. Think there's one day of IT training staggered over the first week and then 2 weeks of intensive training for everyone before they release you into the wild. Tax and Advisory grads start earlier but do the same 2 week training programme.

They're not compulsory (well, they kind of are in theory, not so much in real life.) There's usually 1-2 on weeknights, and 1-2 full day weekend lectures, each week.

If you're in audit, I wish you luck saying to a manager/senior at 6pm on a weeknight in busy season, "Well, I'm off, I've to go to a lecture." Lol. :)

They want you to go to lectures but in a lot of cases, it's more idealistic than anything, especially during busy season. It's entirely up to you though. It's probably worth making the effort to go to as many as you can before Christmas and see how you go from there. Get your exams first time and nobody will bat an eyelid as to your attendance record at lectures. They also stream most of the lectures online if you're sadistically inclined.

PwC contract arrived today. €22500 for audit with masters, as expected really.

Does any PwC people know what the story is with finding out what departments we're in? I'd have thought it would have been included in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Hi there ,

Where are you getting your info ? I presume KPMG would be the same as PWC anyway ?

From people starting with Deloitte and PwC this year.

I wouldn't presume KPMG would be the same as PwC. I'd be surprised if Deloitte were the only ones paying that rate. I'd always thought it KPMG, PwC and Deloitte paid the same and E&Y paid slightly higher but don't give overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Also are big four trainees paid weekly, fortnightly or monthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Also are big four trainees paid weekly, fortnightly or monthy?

Monthly, last working day of the month for KPMG! Only 3 more days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Does any PwC people know what the story is with finding out what departments we're in? I'd have thought it would have been included in the contract.
    Wont be told till training starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

They can't do anything to stop you! Its a valid excuse as you are in a training contract. Work + exams.

ferike1 wrote: »
    They can't do anything to stop you! Its a valid excuse as you are in a training contract. Work + exams.

I certainly wont be missing any lecturers due to working late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I certainly wont be missing any lecturers due to working late.

Yeah, you gotta look out for number 1! If you fail all that happens is that you will be fired.

Advertisement