Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of questions about my new boat

Options
  • 25-06-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I just got this lovely little SIB:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/3291330

I have a few questions about it which you might be able to help me with:
    1. Extra Seats (benches) - There is a lack of comfortable seating in this boat and I was thinking of making up 2 small benches, fore and aft. I'd like to cover these in some kind of durable, waterproof upholstery material. Anybody got any tips for how this could be done, the material to use and where to get it? (On a tight-ish budget)

2. Engine - There's an old-ish 30HP Yamaha on the boat. It looks to be in good condition, starts and runs well, and it has a recent service receipt. But - I don't see any water pouring out when I run it (the water that it's supposed to suck in to cool the engine while running). Should the cooling water be visible pouring out on ALL outboards when running? Another engine question - See where it says 'Electric' on the back of the engine? - Does anybody know if that means 'electric start'. It doesn't appear to have an electric start (just a pull cord) but there are a couple of holes blanked out where a start switch might have been located.

3. Make - This boat was made by Lifeguard Equipment Ltd in the UK. Company doesn't seem to exist any more. No answer from phone number. No website that I can find. Does Anybody know about this make, good or bad?

Cheers,
    Brian

Comments

Advertisement