Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Banking issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

listenup wrote: »
    i believe that they were cyber attacked and all our money was stolen and they have to put it down to human error so as not to scare people into removing their money and believing that our banking system is inadequate.

Believe it based on facts/evidence

or believe it like people believe in god?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

listenup wrote: »
    i believe that they were cyber attacked and all our money was stolen and they have to put it down to human error so as not to scare people into removing their money and believing that our banking system is inadequate.

It looks as if they are trying to create a run on the banks.

They are also coming out with fear mongering stuff about "cyber attacks".

http://www.cbronline.com/news/mi5-says-cyber-crime-poses-a-dangerous-threat-to-the-uk-260612

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

http://www.cbronline.com/news/mi5-says-cyber-crime-poses-a-dangerous-threat-to-the-uk-260612

THEY again.

And still no idea of who THEY are.

But what is interesting is that if steps are taken to prevent a run on the banks, that will be viewed as sinister too. I've said it to you before RTDH, don't you think it's a big problem with your worldview that even if two completely opposite things happen, you still interpret it as supporting your position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Remember folks, reporting on actual events - FEAR MONGERING!

More here and it looks as if they are trying to create situations to justify tighter internet controlls, censorship and the roll out of e_signitures. :)

"Evan's warning speech comes in the wake of Italian, German and Dutch banks being targeted in a €60m euro cyber bank heist.

Evans warned that internet vulnerabilities are being taken advantage of by criminals as well as states. He says that it is likely terrorist will use cyber vulnerabilities to attack infrastructures in the future."

http://www.cbronline.com/news/mi5-chief-warns-of-cybercrime-threats-expert-reaction-270612

• Advertisement

More here and it looks as if they are trying to create situations fir the justification of implementing their previously discussed online access e_signitures. :)
    Who?

Who?
    No not them,

They are concerned with Global Health issues. :p

No not them,

They are concerned with Global Health issues. :p
    Man, this is getting confusing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

confusing!!!

its getting out right incoherant

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Ok. So AIB announce new banking charges to take effect from May 2012.

Massive exodus of customers from AIB to Ulster Bank, as they are the last remaining bank that do not have limits and conditions on what your balance and transactions may be to avail of free banking.

June 2012.
    Unprecedented and ongoing problem now with Ulster Bank. Inability to access up to date accounts, make certain payments etc. Problem still not resolved. Unprecedented time delay in sorting this problem.

What has gone wrong? Is it really just a coincedence this has happened after the exodus of AIB Customers? As for evidence of said evidence, just start with the banking threads here on boards. My new account manager when I moved accounts from AIB to Ulster Bank said they were beyond overwhelmed with the transfer of accounts.

• Advertisement

Badhb wrote: »
    What has gone wrong? Is it really just a coincedence this has happened after the exodus of AIB Customers? As for evidence of said evidence, just start with the banking threads here on boards. My new account manager when I moved accounts from AIB to Ulster Bank said they were beyond overwhelmed with the transfer of accounts.
    Is it more likely that one of the biggest banks in the UK ruined its own reputation so AIB could pick up some new customers in little Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Foolishly I haven't followed this story as closely as I should have.

Have Ulster Bank actually acknowledged what the glitch was or will that have to remain confidential on securiy grounds?

Advertisement