Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking space for boat.

Options
  • 24-06-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I urgently need a secure place to park a 5m boat & trailer in the Dun Laoghaire area. Preferably some kind of covered garage but I'd be happy with something uncovered for the short-term. Will pay a reasonable rent. Anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Nice one Fergal thank you, I'll give them a call.

Anyone spotted anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's a yard in Kill o'the Grange where we stored our boat (6.5m keelboat) for a few winters - it was in the open but they have all sorts of shed/containers there - might be worth giving them a call to see if they have what might suit you. I'm not sure if that's too far from DL for you - PM me if you want contact details.

There are also boats stored (in the open) on the Coal Harbour pier in DL. I have no idea who runs that - DL Harbour Company maybe, or DLRCC? But they might be worth a call as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There's a yard in Kill o'the Grange where we stored our boat (6.5m keelboat) for a few winters - it was in the open but they have all sorts of shed/containers there - might be worth giving them a call to see if they have what might suit you. I'm not sure if that's too far from DL for you - PM me if you want contact details.

There are also boats stored (in the open) on the Coal Harbour pier in DL. I have no idea who runs that - DL Harbour Company maybe, or DLRCC? But they might be worth a call as well.

Thanks Heidiheidi, PM sent.

I think it's DLRCC who run the boat yard in the Coal Harbour but it's just not secure enough. Unfortunately Fergal's suggestion above didn't work out either, the biggest containers they have are just 20ft long.

Advertisement