Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advise needed please!

Options
  • 23-06-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

not a car guy at all so i looking for some advice on my situation.

I have a 04 vw polo with 2k of repairs needed on it. the value of the car is/was 4k.

i was looking to upgrade to a bigger family car (new baby man child) so do i sell for scrap or find second hand parts and stick it out.

Oh, money is tight, and NCT is due.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

What kind of repair? Is the car crashed or just mechaical work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

if you cant repair, sell as is on donedeal. inform potential buyers, that some work need to be done for passing nct, and stick lowest price in donedeal. surely youll get some offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DELTATIP

antigoneo5,

Sorry to say 04 - vw polo will not be worth 4000e
    you wont get that value that price comes from your
    heart not your brain

I would try sell the car as is quick and fast

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spannerboy

You don't say what kind of repairs ?? Maybe someone here could help you find a cheaper repairer if they knew what was wrong ??

Advertisement