Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v Italy - Up to €50 free in play bet with bet365

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was anyone elses in play bet settled as a loser instead of being refunded?
    yes

usually takes a couple of hours to refund but no worries there

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

up £150, gotta love these offers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

I just withdrew my balance and closed my BET365 account. And I actually won a tenner during that fiasco. Closed up because of their attitude on live chat. In no way apologetic whatsoever. Poor form.

I just withdrew my balance and closed my BET365 account. And I actually won a tenner during that fiasco. Closed up because of their attitude on live chat. In no way apologetic whatsoever. Poor form.

it's a first for them
    had you been with the likes of paddy power it would have been
    a regular thing so i'd advise you to avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Stop cribbing, about both these, Powers and whoever else. Everyone has technical glitches sometime. If you close your account, and they are top price about someone you want to back the next day, aren't you losing out? Same way if they have a great offer, or refund after a sporting injustice as PP often do.

Having principles and closing your accounts are all well and good, but it'll probably end up costing you money in the long run.

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Stop cribbing, about both these, Powers and whoever else. Everyone has technical glitches sometime. If you close your account, and they are top price about someone you want to back the next day, aren't you losing out? Same way if they have a great offer, or refund after a sporting injustice as PP often do.

Having principles and closing your accounts are all well and good, but it'll probably end up costing you money in the long run.

it's inexcuseable for it to happen as often as pp though
    their site crashed grand national day for two years running but
    you're right...should never close your account as pp and 365 have
    the best offers out there

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

I hadn't intended on closing my account. I got on to chat just to see if they would look at my betting history of these offers where I have always placed the same pair of bets before the game and during it, and accept that was what I was dong this time. Their site being down meant I couldn't get my 2nd bet on and they profited. I was just trying to get some goodwill and the odds after kick-off from them, and had a strong history to back up my intentions. Now I fully appreciate they can't payout on people's intentions, but the guy on live chat was a complete asshole.

I don't bet enough to be concerned about their sometimes better prices and will give somebody else my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I went for Terry next goalscorer in-play. If it finished 0-0 and Terry scored first in ET, would my bet be a winner or a loser?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

ft9 wrote: »
    I went for Terry next goalscorer in-play. If it finished 0-0 and Terry scored first in ET, would my bet be a winner or a loser?

Lost I'm fairly sure, goalscorer bets in the main are for 90 minutes only. Unless you placed you're bet in Extra Time. Stand to be corrected.

___

@bet365
    Following the technical problems experienced tonight, please check your bet365 account, as gesture of goodwill refunds are being credited.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mailburner wrote: »
    it's inexcuseable for it to happen as often as pp though
    their site crashed grand national day for two years running but
    you're right...should never close your account as pp and 365 have
    the best offers out there

Totally agree.

Also like the whole Cashcard thing PP offer as well, plus their twitter service is second to none as is their willingness to give odds when requested too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    The match to go to peno's 9/2 tempting.

Are many people having problems getting bets on?

If only.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Nice from bet365 for apologizing for yesterday and paying you up to 50 euro (40 pln in Poland), if they think problems on their site could stop you from using their offer regarding Italy - England. I won a free bet last evening, plus got money as apology :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i got the apology message to, so basically if you placed a pre match bet and weren't able to place an in play bet you get your original stake back as a free bet and if you did manage to place an in play bet it works out as it always does, is that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

mailrewop wrote: »
    i got the apology message to, so basically if you placed a pre match bet and weren't able to place an in play bet you get your original stake back as a free bet and if you did manage to place an in play bet it works out as it always does, is that right.
    No. I placed both bets (won both, but only In Play bet had decent odds) and still got apology money :D

yea i was just wondering cause I placed a pre match bet and an in play bet after a bit of effort, i got the losing in play bet refunded but the apology message kinda sounded like i was going too get my original stake back as well as the apology or did you just get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

mailrewop wrote: »
    yea i was just wondering cause I placed a pre match bet and an in play bet after a bit of effort, i got the losing in play bet refunded but the apology message kinda sounded like i was going too get my original stake back as well as the apology or did you just get lucky.

I thought that too from reading the message
    bet365 wrote:
    To apologise for the inconvenience, we have credited your account to the value of your largest pre-match bet to use as you wish (max €50 or currency equivalent).

I got the in-play bet retured and my pre match bet was Italy DNB so that was also returned (but thats normal for a DNB)

Maybe the pre match bet had to be a losser for it to be returned, but thats not what the message says

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I lost my €50 pre-match bet and won with my in-play bet and still got the €50 refund. Nice gesture from them considering they also refunded a lot of other bets cos it ended 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I lost my in-play bet and had it refunded. Got the message saying they were giving me the €50 goodwill but never gave it to me. Done a bit of whinging on live chat and they gave me a €25 free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Score! both bets won and they give me back £50 :) weekend profits = £300
    Badly needed holiday money!

got the 50 also

wasnt even aware until earlier
    withdrew 130 of my 137.50 for the 50 on draw 7/4

withdrew 50 then shortly after for my 50 on under 3.5goals at 1/50

got up this morn and before work i withdrew another 50 forgetting i
    withdrew the win from the 1/50 winner

cant beat that, a freebet has wiped out most of my euro 2012 losses

the wife on the other hand got nothing extra added to her account which
    is only used for these offers alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 scoots

my 2friends and me also got the 50 spot today, very generous on there behalf. think ill be using them from now on over powers..:) cant see this offer comin up soon again!!

nothing for me anyway, was just onto live chat and no dice. maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

mailburner wrote: »
    the wife on the other hand got nothing extra added to her account which
    is only used for these offers alone

Can't really complain about that. It's in the terms and conditions that only one offer is allowed per household. Although you could argue that you keep her outside living in the shed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Was onto Bet365 this morning. Basically what they are saying is that everyone who placed a pre-match bet received a credit to the same value irrespective of whether they placed an in-play bet or not.

So the bottom line is that people whose in-play bet WON get 2 winning bets AND a free credit while those whose in-play bet lost receive a free credit.

As far as I can see, they have effectively rescinded the offer, even though they claim that they haven't.

Also the wording of their internal message makes it sound like everyone would receive an extra free bet credit when it fact they won't.

I didn't think it would be possible to be more pissed off about the site problem than I was on Sunday night but this takes the biscuit. Not only could I not get on to back the DRAW at decent odds so my in-play bet lost but if I had backed the draw I would have received an extra €50 on top of winning both bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

That is a bit ****ty alright

I backed draw pre match at 2/1. Logged on at kick off to back it again but couldn't get on & eventually gave up & watch match.

But if I was more persistent & kept trying I'd of got 2 winners & refund

Those that did were very lucky indeed. Ah well Cest La Vie

Advertisement