Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone graduate programme 2012

Options
  • 22-06-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi!

Just had the telephone interview with Vodafone. They have so many stages! I'm so freaked out I have to wait all weekend in agony to find out the results. Anyone else out there in the same or better/worse situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Desmonda

Hi im interested what questions you were asked in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

What kind of jobs do they hire for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 speedjd

Well, yeah I did my phone interview last Thursday, found out today I passed it. Have to wait till early July it said to see if I get called up to that experience day thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mim90

speedjd wrote: »
    Well, yeah I did my phone interview last Thursday, found out today I passed it. Have to wait till early July it said to see if I get called up to that experience day thing..

I had mine last Friday and found out today I passed it too. Do you have an idea of what would happen on the experience day?

Red_Wake wrote: »
    What kind of jobs do they hire for?

Its a graduate programme. Check out their website it has every info in it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 daveh298

Hi,

I was wondering had anyone heard anything regarding the 'top 60' and Experience Days? Passed the telephone interview but nothing since - cheers!

daveh298 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering had anyone heard anything regarding the 'top 60' and Experience Days? Passed the telephone interview but nothing since - cheers!

Haven#t heard anything about that yet. I keep checking my application status like a paranoid person

I completely forgot about that application status and login! Do you have a link for it?

I would have thought 'early July' has come and gone by now!

I just got the email about the assessment day. Says its on the 18th and I'm one of the 72 people selected! Really excited and nervous! Anyone else heard back?

• Advertisement

yeah just heard back today too, have to go up on Thursday the 19th.. anyone else??

speedjd wrote: »
    yeah just heard back today too, have to go up on Thursday the 19th.. anyone else??

Congratulations! Do you have any idea how it would be? I mean, is there any way to brace yourself for it?

You too :) Don't know really, says there is stuff to do on the day and a group task. Be tough enough I'd say. Think I read somewhere about having to do a presentation too..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

Hey!! joining this a tad late but i got picked for the 18th!! :) nervous!!!! :eek:

Hi just got the email saying I'm in for the 19th. Read these replies before I noticed my email so I figured I was out!

When is everyone else on? Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Just got the PFO call from their HR department... a lot of work for nothing ultimately.

Just got the PFO call from their HR department... a lot of work for nothing ultimately.

Oh thats a pity. When was your experience day??

mim90 wrote: »
    Oh thats a pity. When was your experience day??

Thursday, they rang those who got it this morning afaik.

Thursday, they rang those who got it this morning afaik.

Oh okay. Mine was on Wednesday and I have sort of given up by now. Should get the call soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 HairyBarncale

How do you know that those who got it got the call this morning? Gah, I hate this waiting around!!

• Advertisement

How do you know that those who got it got the call this morning? Gah, I hate this waiting around!!

Likewise. Its driving me nuts!

@ he_man_rugger: were you expecting to be hired based on your performance during the experience day? I'm just wondering if you felt it had gone well and were surprised, I'm finding it very hard to judge how well the day actually went.

@ he_man_rugger: were you expecting to be hired based on your performance during the experience day? I'm just wondering if you felt it had gone well and were surprised, I'm finding it very hard to judge how well the day actually went.

Three in my class went for it, one got it. He got a call this morning, myself and the other guy got calls later saying PFO. That's what I'm basing it on, sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

I felt it went quite well, I didn't get the people in the group aspect around to my point of view but felt my points were strong and I argued them well. The person who led the option that won was really a case of shouting the loudest, although I felt the points made by them were weak/commercially naive... however perhaps I didn't take over the conversation as I should have, who knows. Was told I'd get a call later about feedback.

I felt it went quite well, I didn't get the people in the group aspect around to my point of view but felt my points were strong and I argued them well. The person who led the option that won was really a case of shouting the loudest, although I felt the points made by them were weak/commercially naive... however perhaps I didn't take over the conversation as I should have, who knows. Was told I'd get a call later about feedback.

Yeah, while my group ended up choosing the option I went for, I found it really difficult to get a word in edgeways. A couple of people definitely dominated and in some cases, went off on a tangent about things that weren't really relevant at all. I'd say it would have been the group element that brought me down, which is a shame because I thought the individual interviews went well.

Oh, thats exactly what happened to me in the group task!

Yeah, while my group ended up choosing the option I went for, I found it really difficult to get a word in edgeways. A couple of people definitely dominated and in some cases, went off on a tangent about things that weren't really relevant at all. I'd say it would have been the group element that brought me down, which is a shame because I thought the individual interviews went well.

Did you get the call yet? Have you checked your application status on taleo?

No, haven't gotten any call yet. Taleo?

No, haven't gotten any call yet. Taleo?

vodafone.taleo.net/careersection/2ie/jobsearch.ftl

Here, you must have used it to create your application

Sorry, bit of a brain fart there! There's no indication on the Taleo page about whether or not I've been successful. It just says "Application Status: Interview Process".

Do either of yours say anything different?

• Advertisement

Sorry, bit of a brain fart there! There's no indication on the Taleo page about whether or not I've been successful. It just says "Application Status: Interview Process".

Do either of yours say anything different?

Mine says the same, but the update date says today's date so they did make the decision already I'm thinking.

Advertisement