Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If we had the technology, would you change our weather?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 9:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Imagine there is some method of controlling weather, like say being able to disperse clouds, make it rain, make it snow. Would you be in favour of playing god if it mean't you didn't have to fly down to Lanzarotte to get a tan?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Augmerson wrote: »
    Imagine there is some method of controlling weather, like say being able to disperse clouds, make it rain, make it snow. Would you be in favour of playing god if it mean't you didn't have to fly down to Lanzarotte to get a tan?

You fly down to Lanzarotte to get an STD.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

No, No I would hate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Augmerson wrote: »
    Imagine there is some method of controlling weather, like say being able to disperse clouds, make it rain, make it snow. Would you be in favour of playing god if it meant you didn't have to fly down to Lanzarote to get a tan?

No, sure then we would miss all the craic in the airport trying to get your ryanair seats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

yes if they let wonder woman do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I like the weather here. No, stop laughing, I do. I feckin do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, I burn and I like it cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nope, love the rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I would hold the country to ransom. Keep the money coming and I'll keep us in the tropics.
    And any people I don't like? Lightening.
    A few places would be washed away with floods while I'm at it, as a show of power as much as because I don't like them particularly.
    Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Irish weather is horrendous so any help would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Of course you'd change it.

You could set it to HOT for the summer when big events are on, so you could have plenty of BBQs and beer, then allocate certain days when its going to pour down to help the farmers, keep the stuff growing.

And have it MILD all winter. No-one should ever have to live with snow and ice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

With this technology there would be an end to complaining from farmers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Yes!

Summer - a few rainy days, but mainly warm and sunny. Around 30 degrees would be nice.

Winter - less rain, more snow.

Autumn - less rain

Spring - mild, sunny, a few showers here and there.

People saying they're happy with Irish weather are kidding themselves.

Who the f*ck wants this much rain in summer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

What, no more soft days thank God?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sure this is perfect weather for growing cabbage it is. You're mad man, mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Of course I would.
    It's the main thing I hate about this country - way more than I hate the government and everything else crappy about the country.
    I love our green countrysides so I wouldn't get rid of the rain entirely, I'd just give us proper distinguishable seasons.
    I wouldn't mind the rain and cold and wind etc... if it were in the correct season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

nope, because we have a great climate here, not too hot, not too cold and contrary to everyones belief it doesn't rain every day either. I'm not a sun lover though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The weather here reminds me of myself.
    Dull, grey and constantly pissing:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

it'd be great til it starts raining giant meatballs

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Yes!

Summer - a few rainy days, but mainly warm and sunny. Around 30 degrees would be nice.

Winter - less rain, more snow.

Autumn - less rain

Spring - mild, sunny, a few showers here and there.

People saying they're happy with Irish weather are kidding themselves.

Who the f*ck wants this much rain in summer?!
    I do, I fix roofs. And I hate the hot. And I'm waterproof - I tested it, had a good few baths and showers, was grand, didn't dissolve or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

NIMAN wrote: »
    Of course you'd change it.

You could set it to HOT for the summer when big events are on, so you could have plenty of BBQs and beer, then allocate certain days when its going to pour down to help the farmers, keep the stuff growing.

And have it MILD all winter. No-one should ever have to live with snow and ice.

Unless you love snow and ice which I do:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I already have.

I've made it more unsettled, cooler and wetter.

Muahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

No.

I would miss the look of utter shock on Irish people's faces when it starts raining, I mean really come on, it happens to rain a fair bit in our lovely Isle and the general people are SHOCKED when it happens.

If the rain stopped/decreased the farmers would be raging and the general population would be looking ANOTHER thing to be shocked about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Yes I would. Lots more sun in summer and snow in winter. Autum and spring can stay as they are

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I already have.

I've made it more unsettled, cooler and wetter.

Muahahaha.
    You basterd, I can live with your cool wetness, but your unsettled is just unsettling. Knock it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

We're really being pissed on a lot lately:(
    **** this, I'm going to sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

have to say, i love the rain during the summer, at night. its lovely and mild, have the windows open, and its not too cold to be freezing, so its lovely and fresh. Something really nice about being in bed at night listening to the rain outside, i love it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Of course i would!
    I would make ireland have these things called seasons. There will be 4 of them.
    1. Summer. The sun will shine hotly during the day. At night time, between the hours of 4-6 in the morning it will rain.
    2. Spring. like Summer, just a tad cooler.
    3. Autumn. Cooler again then spring. Perhaps a little breezy.
    4. Winter. Cold enough for snow, but will only snow every third day, leaving behind pristine snow. No slush or yellow snow allowed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

if we had the technology we would go out and make more ozone i bet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd make it rain constantly and kill most of you in a flood while I sail off on my ark laughing like a manic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yes, people always know better than nature

Advertisement