Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mdwexford wrote: »
    Ok so now I have a bill from the original account for 138.08 and now I have received my fibre bill for 50.62 for my first bill and 60.29 for my second for a total of 110.91 even though I was told my fibre was going to be 50 a month.

Looking at the details of the bill I have just seen I have been charged for broadband excess usage, are you people kidding me. I was told on the phone it was unlimited usage or I never would have changed when I am a heavy downloader.

I have lost patience with this now and these bills are piling up due to Eircoms complete non communication within their departments and just general awful customer service.

Hi mdwexford,

As I advised on the 16/07/12. "please ignore the final bill" I have cancelled an charges relating to your old account 7541xxxx.

The current balance outstanding on that account is 0.00

There has been two bills issued for your fibre account 7636XXXX since it was activated on the 07/06/12 which is why the balance is €110.91.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You said you would get back to me soon to confirm.

Ok so I owe nothing on the 138 bill then, that one is gone and can be ignored yes?

So i can go ahead and pay the other bill yes?

What about the fact I was told on the phone when signing up that fibre broadband has no download cap?

Ok so I owe nothing on the 138 bill then, that one is gone and can be ignored yes?

What about the fact I was told on the phone when signing up that fibre broadband has no download cap?

Hi mdwexford,

Yes I can confirm that the balance of the old account is cleared and does not need to be paid.

Yes the new bill as I outlined is for two months. I have put a note on the account to insure you have enough time to pay it.

The fibre 25 package has a 100GB usage allowance per month.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/products/hero/25Mb/

The fibre 50 package for €55 has the higher allowance of 250GB per month.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/products/hero/50Mb/

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for that Mark

As I said above, I was told by the guy when I rang up about fibre that it was an unlimited download cap. If this is not the case I was ill informed and would not have upgraded.

It's pretty pointless having super fast broadband with a measly 100gb allowance.

And since when have Eircom been enforcing download caps, everyone in the country exceeds their cap every month and no one ever gets charged.

Hi mdwexford,

I am looking to see if we have a recording of the fibre sale with our sales team. This may take a few days.

Would be you be looking to upgrade the fibre package?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Ok, cool.

Well 100gb is not enough for me anyway.

Ok, cool.

Well 100gb is not enough for me anyway.

Hi mdwexford,

The manger in fibre sales confirmed that he listened to the call and got back to me as follows:

Just listened to the call and the agent (Amo) clearly advised the customer of the 100 GB usage per month and the customer was happy to proceed with the order.

Also when I spoke to you on the 21/06/12 I sent you a direct liink to the packages before placing the order that clearly outlines the details of the package.

Ok, well usually what would happen is the fibre order would be issued on the existing account and once the broadband is installed and up and running the standard land line will be ceased and a broadband voice plan will be added and assigned to the existing number.

See packages: http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

If you call fibre sales on 1800 40 40 30

They can arrange that for you.

Thanks, Mark

As such the excess usage charges will have to be upheld I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Perhaps I was so excited by the fast speeds I wasn't listening to the finer details but to have a 100gb cap on a fibre line is a complete joke.

What have you got to say about Eircom not enforcing download caps on thousands of people every month. I often downloaded 500gb or more when my cap was 200gb or something like that.

This whole debacle has been a complete disaster and frankly I think you have a cheek to try and charge me for excess when you have made a mess of my accounts for the past month.

If UPC were an option in Wexford I would get rid of Eircom instantly and I will be sure to tell anyone who will listen to avoid Eircom at all costs.

Regardless of this now I have no option but to upgrade my package to the 250gb cap and 50mb speeds. I have previously been advised this costs 50 euros a month because I don't want any calls included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Recording of a sale that long ago still on the system? if it was me id ask for a copy to be e-mailed.

Perhaps I was so excited by the fast speeds I wasn't listening to the finer details but to have a 100gb cap on a fibre line is a complete joke.

What have you got to say about Eircom not enforcing download caps on thousands of people every month. I often downloaded 500gb or more when my cap was 200gb or something like that.

This whole debacle has been a complete disaster and frankly I think you have a cheek to try and charge me for excess when you have made a mess of my accounts for the past month.

If UPC were an option in Wexford I would get rid of Eircom instantly and I will be sure to tell anyone who will listen to avoid Eircom at all costs.

Regardless of this now I have no option but to upgrade my package to the 250gb cap and 50mb speeds. I have previously been advised this costs 50 euros a month because I don't want any calls included.

Hi mdwexford,

I have sent you a PM. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Back again I'm afraid Mark for what I hope will be the last time.
    I can't get any success with anyone on the phone with Eircom so you're my last hope yet again.

I rang about 10 days ago about my fibre speeds which I had increased to the 50mb package but was still only receiving 25mb speeds.

After the usual thing of being passed from department to department I eventually got through to a guy who was in fibre. This genius only suggested solution was to check speedtest which of course I had already done. After that confirmed my 25mb speeds he didn't seem to have a clue what to do. He said he would have to get an engineer out and took my phone number and said he would call me back with details of the engineer visit. Needless to say I never received any call.

Now I have received a bill charging me for 50mb speeds which I didn't get so won't be paying for.

Don't even bother with the engineer visit now because I'm moving house next week and couldn't care less what speeds are in my current location.

I shall be going back to next gen broadband in my new house and I shall be making sure not to be a guinea pig for any more of Eircoms fledgling schemes because fibre customer service is non existent and nobody working in Eircom has a clue about it because they have never encountered it before and don't seem to have been trained up in anything.

Thanks.

Almost forgot to give you the two reference numbers I received so maybe the shoddy customer service I received might not happen to someone else.

Eir-chm-5821062

Back again I'm afraid Mark for what I hope will be the last time.
    I can't get any success with anyone on the phone with Eircom so you're my last hope yet again.

I rang about 10 days ago about my fibre speeds which I had increased to the 50mb package but was still only receiving 25mb speeds.

After the usual thing of being passed from department to department I eventually got through to a guy who was in fibre. This genius only suggested solution was to check speedtest which of course I had already done. After that confirmed my 25mb speeds he didn't seem to have a clue what to do. He said he would have to get an engineer out and took my phone number and said he would call me back with details of the engineer visit. Needless to say I never received any call.

Now I have received a bill charging me for 50mb speeds which I didn't get so won't be paying for.

Don't even bother with the engineer visit now because I'm moving house next week and couldn't care less what speeds are in my current location.

I shall be going back to next gen broadband in my new house and I shall be making sure not to be a guinea pig for any more of Eircoms fledgling schemes because fibre customer service is non existent and nobody working in Eircom has a clue about it because they have never encountered it before and don't seem to have been trained up in anything.

Thanks.

Almost forgot to give you the two reference numbers I received so maybe the shoddy customer service I received might not happen to someone else.

Eir-chm-5821062

Hi mdwexford,

It may take a few days to look as to why you are still getting max 25MB after upgrading to the 50MB fibre package. However I will get back to you soon as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

Any update Mark?

Any update Mark?

Hi mdwexford,

I have checked with sales ant confirmed that the package upgrade has taken effect, so I have sent an escalation to fibre broadband support and will be back to you tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks, Mark

Fibre support are as slow and rubbish for you as they are for me I guess then.

Hi mdwexford,

Apologies the case was escalated to fibre engineers. I was hoping I might have an update today, unfortunately not. I will chase it up again tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Over two weeks again now with no answers from fibre support.

Whoever is in charge can be told I won't be paying any fibre bill because the customer service I have received over the past couple of months has been shocking.

When my new next gen broadband is setup in my new house hopefully things will be better.

Hi,

I am very sorry I have not gotten back to you as yet. I am still tracking the case with engineers and pushing for a resolution. I will let you know as soon as I get anything back.

Thanks, Mark

Over two weeks again now with no answers from fibre support.

Whoever is in charge can be told I won't be paying any fibre bill because the customer service I have received over the past couple of months has been shocking.

When my new next gen broadband is setup in my new house hopefully things will be better.

Hi mdwexford,

Apologies, I was unaware you had already cancelled the account. To confirm that has been completed as of yesterday.

REF: 3466249C

Thanks, Mark

Yes I have but I still got charged for 50mb speeds last month when I only got 25mb speeds and spent about 25 euros on phone calls to support who promised me engineer callouts and to call me back on the phone and instead nothing was done.

Fibre support is utterly non existent and I feel aggrieved that I was the guinea pig trying it out when it wasn't ready to be on the market from the looks of it.

I imagine I could take this fiasco to comreg because I think I have been treated shockingly by Eircom over the past few months.

If it wasn't for you on here god knows when anything would have gotten done.

• Advertisement

Yes I have but I still got charged for 50mb speeds last month when I only got 25mb speeds and spent about 25 euros on phone calls to support who promised me engineer callouts and to call me back on the phone and instead nothing was done.

Fibre support is utterly non existent and I feel aggrieved that I was the guinea pig trying it out when it wasn't ready to be on the market from the looks of it.

I imagine I could take this fiasco to comreg because I think I have been treated shockingly by Eircom over the past few months.

If it wasn't for you on here god knows when anything would have gotten done.

Hi mdwexford,

I do appreciate that there a number of issues. Which we have arranged a rebate for each individual issue. However I have spoken to customer care and they advised a credit for the difference of the Fibre 25 / Fibre 50 package is warranted from the date of the upgrade 27/07/12 to the cease of the account 10/09/12.

However they feel a write off is not warranted in this case.

Thanks, Mark

Ok if that is reflected in my final bill I guess I'll settle for it just to get this over with.

Thanks again for your help.

Ok if that is reflected in my final bill I guess I'll settle for it just to get this over with.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi mdwexford,

I have issued the credit for the difference of the two fibre packages on your account.

13/09/12 TRANSFER -15.00 CR -30.63 MIS

Yes it will be deducted on your final fibre bill.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement