Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch - Out of contract. Internal alarm goes of every evening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Dublin 10

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

They work the same as any other system. Theres a few people here on boards you can PM and they'll look after you.
    Shouldn't cost more than €200 since it has a cert.
    Some companies will do it for €160 others a little higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Condatis wrote: »
    Dublin 10

You are lucky quite a lot of the installers here who help others are up in The Capital as well.

There is a sticky up at the top of the page with various installers on it, I am sure the lads would be delighted to help you.

I had assumed as no local installers were assisting you that you were out in the country side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Condatis wrote: »
    When my contract was up for renewal last year I tried to find another company to quote for the monitoring and maintenance contract but could not find much interest.

That may have been because I was not buying additional equipment.

My renewal is due to come up again in a couple of months and I would like to find better value. The last time that I was inquiring several operators said that they were unable to service Phonewatch systems - which surprised me.

Should anybody have any suggestions I would welcome them.

Most of these systems can be set up to ring your phone also.
    Most companys wont touch P.W.s systems as they dont know how to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marybeemary

I would really love some help on this too. Moved into the house and 7pm every night the blasted thing goes off, five long sharp beeps and keeps going until I go and hit the "off" button and put in the alarm code. Sometimes that works until 7pm the following evening, sometimes it goes off time and again. We were given to believe that although it was a phonewatch box it's a standalone alarm. It just keeps saying it can't connect...or something like that. We have no paperwork for the alarm and a call to eircom was a farce. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Mary

• Advertisement

I would really love some help on this too. Moved into the house and 7pm every night the blasted thing goes off, five long sharp beeps and keeps going until I go and hit the "off" button and put in the alarm code. Sometimes that works until 7pm the following evening, sometimes it goes off time and again. We were given to believe that although it was a phonewatch box it's a standalone alarm. It just keeps saying it can't connect...or something like that. We have no paperwork for the alarm and a call to eircom was a farce. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Mary

By the sounds of it the system is trying to contact P.W. with a test call but cant.
    What system have you installed, have you a GSM on this system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gary121755

Hi guys, same issue can someone send on engineers code please
    Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I sent you a PM with the manual and some information regarding the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pastelblue

Hey Koolkid, mind sending me a PM with some info too?!

I'm having the same issue with the alarm at my late father's house. For the last few days it's been going off at 6am and 6pm, every minute until I press the "i" button, giving the message gsm not registered. The account was not renewed, obviously because my father passed away and did not renew it, and for the time being I wish to keep it as a standalone alarm. Can you give me some advice how to stop this daily beeping? It's a Simon XT.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pastelblue

Thanks a million for your message yesterday koolkid. I managed to get the code.

I deleted the numbers that were associated with Eircom and entered my own mobile but when I tried to do a system test it told me there was a comms failure. I'm pretty sure that the SIM card is now inactive. So then I deleted my number in the hopes of keeping it as a standalone alarm but this morning I got the annoying beeps from the alarm telling me "gsm net not registered" again. I swear I'm about to lose my reason!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was this the simon panel?
    If so .....

Drop the lid then enter your engineer code.
    Delete option 04 and done.
    Delete option 05 and done.
    Then delete option 06 and done.
    Now add option 43 and enter the phone number you want the system to call and done.
    Add option 44 10 and done.
    Add option 17, 20 and done.

Note with option 17 sometimes these panels need to see a 3 digit number.
    If so enter:
    Add option 17, 020 and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elitas

Can you please PM me also with info on getting engineers code. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Can someone please PM me too with that info. Thanks.

Sent you a PM

Elitas wrote: »
    Can you please PM me also with info on getting engineers code. Thank you.
    Sent you that. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Hi koolkid, another request for the engineer code PM please - it's the Simon XT model with the usual comes failure beeps that everyone else is complaining about. Cheers!

Hi koolkid, another request for the engineer code PM please - it's the Simon XT model with the usual comes failure beeps that everyone else is complaining about. Cheers!

Sent you the manual plus information re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 burgerland

Hi Guys,

My parents Phonewatch system is out of contract, currently around €28 per month. The panel is a Simon 3 and when they got it installed, Eircom fitted 3 motion sensors and 3 entry/exit sensors on the doors. After much disscussion they would like all the windows covered by inertia sensors. So basically they are wondering what would be the best option here, totally rip out the phonewatch system and get it replaced with a new wireless system or add wireless inertia sensors to existing Phonewatch alarm and have it monitored by a different company. They added an extra motion sensor some time ago and got charged for the sensor (fair enough) and then got charged an extra €2.50 per month to monitor this extra sensor. Any advice greatly appreciated.

burgerland wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My parents Phonewatch system is out of contract, currently around €28 per month. The panel is a Simon 3 and when they got it installed, Eircom fitted 3 motion sensors and 3 entry/exit sensors on the doors. After much disscussion they would like all the windows covered by inertia sensors. So basically they are wondering what would be the best option here, totally rip out the phonewatch system and get it replaced with a new wireless system or add wireless inertia sensors to existing Phonewatch alarm and have it monitored by a different company. They added an extra motion sensor some time ago and got charged for the sensor (fair enough) and then got charged an extra €2.50 per month to monitor this extra sensor. Any advice greatly appreciated.

If you have the bulk of the alarm installed its going to be cheaper to have the sensors added. Other companys will not charge you an extra €2.50 per device per month to have it monitored. My advice would be to ring around a few companys and get prices for to have the system taken over plus monitored by another monitoring station. You will be amazed at the difference in price doing this.

Thanks Altor,

There is around 12 windows to be covered so what sort of ballpark figure are they looking at for just hardware (sensors)

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor,

There is around 12 windows to be covered so what sort of ballpark figure are they looking at for just hardware (sensors)

Thanks for the quick reply!

We do not give out prices here.
    The Simon system is a 24 zone panel, 23 if you have a live external bell.
    Out of these 12 windows, only accessible windows would need to be covered.
    By this I mean if you need a ladder to get at the window there is no direct access.

altor wrote: »
    We do not give out prices here.

No problem.

All 12 windows are accessible as its a bungalow and I think the external bell is not live.

Anyway got a quote today for over a €1000 to fit 12 wireless window sensors and monitoring for €19 per month. Not sure if this includes any serivce call outs, forgot to ask. The monitoring is a good bit cheaper than phonewatch provided they cover service calls but my initial reaction to the window sensor price is a bit of a shock.

Another company is supposed to call near the end of the week so I will see how this compares.

That's a good price for that number of devices. The monitoring will also be a good price if it covers service and maintenance calls and labour. With many cheaper prices some companies limit these to one or 2 calls per year.

No problem.

All 12 windows are accessible as its a bungalow and I think the external bell is not live.

Anyway got a quote today for over a €1000 to fit 12 wireless window sensors and monitoring for €19 per month. Not sure if this includes any serivce call outs, forgot to ask. The monitoring is a good bit cheaper than phonewatch provided they cover service calls but my initial reaction to the window sensor price is a bit of a shock.

Another company is supposed to call near the end of the week so I will see how this compares.

The sensors off the Simon are more expensive compared to newer sensor used by today's systems. Both prices seem good to me too. I would check what is included in the maintenance contract tho..

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just waiting for a few more qoutes to come in before deciding what to do, looking like sticking with the existing setup and adding the extra sensors and changing monitoring company.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Just waiting for a few more qoutes to come in before deciding what to do, looking like sticking with the existing setup and adding the extra sensors and changing monitoring company.

In most cases that will turn out to be the cheaper option depending on what is being added. Please note the Simon is an old system working on the older 433 frequency so no harm to shop around for for a full system considering these sensors are more expensive to buy compared to newer systems sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Michael_Dare

Same problem for me. The problem began - strangely enough - a couple of days after an Eircom sales person tried to sell me a contract and I refused.

It would be great if someone could PM me info about the engineers code. You should charge a fee.

Sent you a PM re that code.

Same problem for me. The problem began - strangely enough - a couple of days after an Eircom sales person tried to sell me a contract and I refused.

It would be great if someone could PM me info about the engineers code. You should charge a fee.

What is the problem you are having?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mhouston

Hello! I'm having some difficulty with our Simon Eircom phonewatch system but don't have the engineers code, we just bought the house a year ago and the system was already there but not connected. Any chance i can get some help with the code?

Advertisement