Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else not get eft payment today?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

We get FIS & Carers Allowance paid direct to bank account every Thursday & have not got payment today. It always shows up at 2.30am on online banking.
    Has anyone else got the same problem today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Is it ulster bank? Fault with there systems, seen it on news earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

here
    Ulster Bank unable to say when it will fix fault

ULSTER BANK was last night unable to say when it would resolve a technical glitch that saw automated payments failing to appear in customer accounts.

The bank was last night continuing to try to resolve the problems which yesterday delayed overnight salary and social welfare payments.

A technical team was “working hard” to rectify the issues as a priority and “as quickly as possible”, a bank spokeswoman said.

The bank said it was “too early to comment” on whether the issues would affect last night’s scheduled overnight payments.

No customer would be “disadvantaged in this issue as a result” of the error, a spokeswoman said.

It is understood this meant that customers whose delayed wage payments affected their mortgage payments would not be penalised by the bank.

The company was “aware of a technical issue affecting a number of Ulster Bank systems”, it said in a statement.

Account balances were “not up to date” and “some services” were unavailable, the company said.

“We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience this may cause,” the bank said yesterday.

Overnight payments for up to 6,000 social welfare customers were yesterday affected by the bank’s technical glitch, a Department of Social Protection spokesman said last night.

The delay was “regrettable”, he said. He emphasised that the problem was at the bank’s end. The department was last night liaising with the bank to resolve the issue and get payments to social welfare recipients.

Ulster Bank is the third-largest retail bank in Ireland. It has about 1.9 million personal and business customers on the island.

The systems glitch affected customers on both sides of the Border. Customers in-branch and those using online services were affected.

The bank has more than 120 branches across the State and more than half a million of its customers are registered for its Anytime Banking online service.

Ulster Bank is owned by UK state-controlled bank Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).

RBS also owns UK retail bank Natwest, which yesterday also experienced similar technical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Yes I am with Ulster Bank, that explains it so!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Bloody disgrace. people need their payments in this climate.

It's always the ****ing banks isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676772

My Mrs' wages (Dept of Education) never went in.
    We're rightly fcuked now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

My BTEA has not gone in but Im with The National Irish Bank...............could this affect other banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

My BTEA has not gone in but Im with The National Irish Bank...............could this affect other banks?

Are you sure your BTEA hasn't reached its finishing date for the summer? Mine has and it's now collected from the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

I was wondering that too, did yours automatically just transfer to post office or did you have to go into welfare and make a new claim, my course finshed only ended this week. Or are you mid course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Mine finished at the start of the month. I just went in and told them it was finished and they told me the payment would be switched to the PO for the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Update for anyone interested, I went into my branch & got cash out after explaining that payment goes in every Thursday & they gave me cash with an old skool hand written receipt!
    The whole Ulster Bank computer system is down so the tellers cannot check any balances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

ffocused wrote: »
    Update for anyone interested, I went into my branch & got cash out after explaining that payment goes in every Thursday & they gave me cash with an old skool hand written receipt!
    The whole Ulster Bank computer system is down so the tellers cannot check any balances.

really , that's great .. Did you bring anything with you ? Can I ask what branch? I presume you had nothing in the account and were waiting on your wages .
    In the same boat here and nothing for the dinner and bills due today.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement