Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat that never sells

Options
  • 20-06-2012 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity has anyone noticed this boat on Donedeal

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/2218853

Its been up there for well over a year now I remember looking at it last spring (2011) when I was looking for a new boat.

The price seems about right (slight bit high maybe) but seems to fluctuate up and down - it was 3900, then 3750 for agen then 3650 now 3850. Its been renewed many many times - assuming at 3 quid each time? Has a sounder, looks in good nick, trailer looks ok and those 75 mercs are grand engines (I have a slightly newer on and find it quite nice)

Wonder why it never sells? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There seems to be alot of boats on the merry go round, no one has the money for toys that drink more fuel than it takes to heat a house for the winter :D
    I also see a lot of jet skis these days leftovers from the celtic tiger days.
    IT sure is a buyers market out there but not many buyers.
    I was hoping to sell the boats that I build but I would never make any money back on them in this day and age "bring back the yuppies":D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'd have to agree with pretty much everything Fergal said. I have been watching a few boats doing the rounds again and again also. Some of them are very attractive prices but there are just no Irish buyers at the moment.

Caveat Emptor obviously but there are definitly some bargains out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

i kinda knew exactly what boat you were on about when before opening the thread. It has been up there for well over a year and only fluctuates by50-100 as far as I can see.
    It's a good boat but in todays market it's too overpriced. Some guy trying to make his money back on a boat ain't gonna happen to easy and this is a sure example.

there are way better boats out there with much better build quality /size /hp and spec for a little bit more .

IMO he is gonna have to at least knock close to 1000 or more off it.

I for one though am glad it's a buyers market , now all I have to do is convince the bank manager ;) and I can upgrade.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Perhaps it is just the price but I have seen several similar boats that are similarly priced or even higher priced that seemed to sell.

I was wondering if it was perhaps an attempt by the seller to lure people with cash into his garage for an old fashioned mugging :)

Agree on the market statements if you have a few K spare its such a good time to buy. If I didnt have 4 boats already I would be looking to buy for sure...hmmm one more couldnt hurt.

But having said that no my storage space is maxed out, but a friend of my wife has a husband who is looking to pick up his first boat this year. Shopping vicariously is almost as good as shopping for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bpmdj

Been keeping an eye out myself over the last few months and I do see the same boats popping up. Its definitely a buyers market out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

I'm constantly amazed by the lack of effort some people make when selling their stuff. A couple of camera-phone photos in a messy garage is never going to do the trick - as for the empty Coke bottle on the dashboard!!

Take the boat down to the coast on a bright sunny day, give it a wash and take some nice sharp photos with a good camera, sunlight glinting off the deck with the water in the background - suddenly you're selling the dream not the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/3120272
    This is another boat that has been up for months and always newly put up. Never a price with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

colliemcc wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/3120272
    This is another boat that has been up for months and always newly put up. Never a price with it though

A lot of the boats in the background of that picture are long gone from that marina, kinda sad really, the place is in sh1t now!!

I was sure someone would have put this one up, its been floating around donedeal for over a year aswell I'd say!
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/979057

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

pffft, this boat has been for sale for pushing on five years now. I'd say it must be in some state. The same boat in great condition can be had for under £10k in the UK...

http://www.apolloduck.ie/feature.phtml?id=69573

alan1990 wrote: »
    A lot of the boats in the background of that picture are long gone from that marina, kinda sad really, the place is in sh1t now!!

Gone into receivership recently too. Shame as I believe it was excellent in its day.

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Gone into receivership recently too. Shame as I believe it was excellent in its day.

Absolutly, we had our boat there about 10 years ago when I was a kid, spent many happy summers around the place!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

fergal.b wrote: »

Thats a very specific asking price :rolleyes:
    Its a lovely machine but it'll be a very hard sell at that price!

Advertisement