Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you think lived/lives the most fufiiling life in history?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

neil_hosey wrote: »
    id say richard branson must be farely pleased with himself, what with his own island, and all that money.

Yeah I'd definitely say an entrepreneur like Richard Branson, someone who started out with something small and watched it all grow around them (including his bank balance!) He also has a lovely family, happy marriage, and comes across as just an all-round nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Yeah I'd definitely say an entrepreneur like Richard Branson, someone who started out with something small and watched it all grow around them (including his bank balance!) He also has a lovely family, happy marriage, and comes across as just an all-round nice guy.

But he lost his Island T.T

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jester252 wrote: »
    But he lost his Island T.T

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Jack Churchill also known as "Mad Jack" and "Fighting Jack Churchill".
    -Fought in WWII using a longbow and Scottish broadsowrd
    -Known for the quote "any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed"
    -Holds a record as the only man to fell an enemy with the use of a longbow in World war 2
    -Volunteered for the commandos unsure of what it entailed but was interested because it sounded dangerous
    -During a raid on a German garrisson in Norway when the ramps on the boat fell Churchill leapt off the boat and played a tune on his bagpipes before throwing a grenade and running into battle
    -Regularly used his bagpipes to signal the other commandos
    -Was often seen running into battle with his sword around his waist, longbow around his neck and bagpipes under his arm
    -He retired from active duty at 53 and took up surfing using his own custom made surfboard

But no you guys are right Tom Cruise had a much more fulfilling life.......

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Jack Churchill also known as "Mad Jack" and "Fighting Jack Churchill".
    -Fought in WWII using a longbow and Scottish broadsowrd
    -Known for the quote "any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed"
    -Holds a record as the only man to fell an enemy with the use of a longbow in World war 2
    -Volunteered for the commandos unsure of what it entailed but was interested because it sounded dangerous
    -During a raid on a German garrisson in Norway when the ramps on the boat fell Churchill leapt off the boat and played a tune on his bagpipes before throwing a grenade and running into battle
    -Regularly used his bagpipes to signal the other commandos
    -Was often seen running into battle with his sword around his waist, longbow around his neck and bagpipes under his arm
    -Received the distinguished service order and military cross for his services in the war
    -He retired from active duty at 53 and took up surfing using his own custom made surfboard

But no, Tom Cruise had a much more fulfilling life.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭gaffer91

FDR- the way he successfully faced such difficult challenges was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think Tom Cruise (i love tom cruise so i might be biased)

Good looking
    Rich
    Great actor
    Has a pick of lovely woman
    Show me the money
    Pretty much loved by everyone in the world

Other then Tom maybe Jesus or maybe even David Beckham.

Who do you think?

Meh
    But isnt that what Tom has done? Given happiness to millions if not billions through his movies and he seems very happy most of the time.

You could be slightly overstating the joy Tom has brought to the world. But he did get to ride your one from dawsons creek, so that's pretty cool, especially for a midget.
    phasers wrote: »
    Nicolas Cage is like the opposite of this though, everyone hates him for no apparent reason. Including me.

The bastard.

I like him. Stick men, raising arizona, lord of war, leaving las vegas eh, con air, that thing where his head is on fire etc etc- all (ok some) excellent films.
    id say Bono. Loads of money, millions of fans. He's been gigging all over the world since he was a teenage, won dozens of music and humanitarian awards. Met dozens of famous and admired people, done amazing works for charity and is now a political as well as musical figurehead. He also has a loving family.

Nah, he's a cock.
    All sunglasses and preaching, no actually handing over any of his own vast pile of largely undeserved money.

I'm going to go with Bill Gates/Warren Buffet - actually handed over billions of their own money to innoculate third world kids from easily preventable diseases. You reading this bono, you self important knob jockey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LylaElise

Paul Newman.

Actor (won every major award),Director, Entrepeneur and humanitarian-He set up his own food company and from the profits was able to donate over 300 million dollars to charity over the years. Was an avid racing driver, even owned his own racing team!! Served in WW2, earned a bachelors degree, attended Yale! Was placed 19th on Richard Nixons enemies list :D. He lived into his 80's and was happily married for 50 years to the beautiful Joanne Woodward.

I think most actors don't live fulfilling lives due to their egos and insecurities and the nature of the business and fame game grinding them down. Newman seems like one of the very few exceptions.

Advertisement