Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Crime in Ireland

Options
  • 19-06-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

I was just thinking...

With all the gangland shootings and murders currently going on in Ireland, is it only a matter of time before someone innocent gets hurt, or worse still killed? Ok I didn't realise but share your gangland stories anyway. I'm not Irish//

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ehh.. it's not 1946. Many innocent people have already been killed as a result of gangland crime

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Uh innocent people have already.

Roy Collins for example.

The young plumber in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shane_Geoghegan

To name but one, lots of innocent people
    have been killed in gang feuds

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I was just thinking...

With all the gangland shootings and murders currently going on in Ireland, is it only a matter of time before someone innocent gets hurt, or worse still killed?

I was just thinking the same... Thank F@CK it's not happened yet!:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I was also wondering,.....With all the rain we've had recently, is it only a matter of time before the ground gets wet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Been a while since there were any gangland murders. Hopefully that keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Been a while since there were any gangland murders. Hopefully that keeps up.

With the recession, the criminals cant afford the cost of bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Way too late. They have already murdered many an innocent Irish citizen. Scum. My area is destroyed by the pricks. Selling their death. All the kids look up to them. See the lifestyle as cool, like the flash cars and clothes. Arrest the pricks, put them in a chain gang picking up rubbish. Demean the fuck out of them.

I hate them with an unhealthy passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I was just thinking...

With all the gangland shootings and murders currently going on in Ireland, is it only a matter of time before someone innocent gets hurt, or worse still killed?
    Gangland shootings and murders aside ,innocent people get beaten up and murdered all the time .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RonnieLimerick

The HSE is organized crime , they kill sick people ever week . Fianna fail and fine gael are organized crime gangs , they carried out mass deportations and larceny for decades , they bankrupt the country 5 times ,

the street scum are small potatoes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Murder's bad, m'kayy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Legalise drugs, send them back to shoplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I kinda wish the gangster had some class in Ireland.
    These guys just kill anything that moves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

The HSE is organized crime , they kill sick people ever week . Fianna fail and fine gael are organized crime gangs , they carried out mass deportations and larceny for decades , they bankrupt the country 5 times ,

It's not fianna fail party members that hang around outside at night dealing out stabbings and abuse to the decent people who are trying to live here.

It's tribal scumbags.

Jester252 wrote: »

They can kill each other. Not one bollix would I give. Its when they start to push their heavily cut brown powder on me younger brother and my community that I start to give a bollix.

They are filth. Each and every last one of them. Parasites. Utter vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jester252 wrote: »

The Italians would say that about the Irish in New York, John Gotti once referred to them as "Fcuking Animals". Where the Mafia had organisational structures and a direct chain of command Irish mobs like the Westies were free for alls with members aimlessly killing on a regular basis and drawing unwanted heat on organised crime in the city. Its the reason why the Irish gangs always remained small time while the Italian families became incredibly powerful and wealthy.

The Italians would say that about the Irish in New York, John Gotti once referred to them as "Fcuking Animals". Where the Mafia had organisational structures and a direct chain of command Irish mobs like the Westies were free for alls with members aimlessly killing on a regular basis and drawing unwanted heat on organised crime in the city. Its the reason why the Irish gangs always remained small time while the Italian families became incredibly powerful and wealthy.

History, bud.

Now, how do I get rid of the drug dealing(heroin) scum that ravage certain parts of west Dublin?

Maybe Michael D can have a chat with them.

Shootouts on the M50, kids being burnt in a car, mothers being shot at their front door, pipebombs under cars.......Ireland has it all.
    Talk to Joe......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

They should have nearly all shot each other at this stage, or am I being too optimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

IrishAm wrote: »
    History, bud.

Now, how do I get rid of the drug dealing(heroin) scum that ravage certain parts of west Dublin?

Maybe Michael D can have a chat with them.

When you say chat do you mean "chat" ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

What I always wonder is, why doesn't everyone else move away from Gangland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

They blew up a child in wicklow this morning
    Is londonAlan shatter going to get off his hole and do some work

Come to think has shatter brought anything to justice
    since appointed in any division.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/five-year-old-injured-by-device-in-co-wicklow-556009.html

Superbus wrote: »
    What I always wonder is, why doesn't everyone else move away from Gangland?

Because they would have to bring their kids (gangs) with them:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Apathy of the Electorate keeps it down the list with Politicians .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was just thinking...

With all the gangland shootings and murders currently going on in Ireland, is it only a matter of time before someone innocent gets hurt, or worse still killed? Ok I didn't realise but share your gangland stories anyway. I'm not Irish//

Things are pretty quiet these days compared to 10-15 years ago when 20-30 people a year were being killed by gangland related violence. That said it does appear that so called pipe bombs are now so common they are hardly reported unless someone gets hurt like the Wicklow boy mentioned in the article above.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think it's worth noting that the homicide rate in Ireland, which includes gangland murders amongst all other homicides is extremely low. We're one of the best in the world at not killing each other. We're a good bit ahead of the UK, we're 5 times less likely to be murdered than an American and a whopping 100 times less likely than a Honduran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Of course every murder, gangland or not, is terrible and horrific, but at the same time we don't need to buy into the Sunday World bullsh1t that it's only a matter before we're killed in our sleep by a murderous gang of raping drug-dealing paedophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭gaffer91

They can kill each other. Not one bollix would I give. Its when they start to push their heavily cut brown powder on me younger brother and my community that I start to give a bollix.

They are filth. Each and every last one of them. Parasites. Utter vermin.

You know, I hate the word "drug pusher". People rarely "push" drugs on anyone- people take it of their own free will.
    History, bud.

Legalising/decriminalising drugs would help a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

stevenmu wrote: »
    I think it's worth noting that the homicide rate in Ireland, which includes gangland murders amongst all other homicides is extremely low. We're one of the best in the world at not killing each other. We're a good bit ahead of the UK, we're 5 times less likely to be murdered than an American and a whopping 100 times less likely than a Honduran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Of course every murder, gangland or not, is terrible and horrific, but at the same time we don't need to buy into the Sunday World bullsh1t that it's only a matter before we're killed in our sleep by a murderous gang of raping drug-dealing paedophiles.

I was reading about honduras muder rate recently

It is quite incredible, the scale of it.
    The National Commission for Human Rights has calculated that there is a violent death every 74 minutes in this small nation of about eight million people.
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59984000/gif/_59984408_barchart.gif
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17870673

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

May I just say...LOL.

• Advertisement

May I just say...LOL.
    You certainly may.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement