Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Beadophiles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Most waxes will max out at about 3 months.

Would do it I were you....now, while thre weather is have decent, rather than regretting it in a few weeks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Curran wrote: »
    Most waxes will max out at about 3 months.

Would do it I were you....now, while thre weather is have decent, rather than regretting it in a few weeks! ;)
    Dude I'd love to know what your interpretation of good weather is :pac:

k2GJj.jpg

cWjVq.jpg

fkApa.jpg

A couple of hours, of dry weather is "good" enough! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

A couple of hours, of dry weather is "good" enough! ;)

I think we got those couple of hours back in april... :pac:

vectra wrote: »
    I have a notion to use up what I have left in my bottle as well on my new car but I dont have any maintanence products.

Do you mean Wolf's maintenance products, for the best finish?

If so, I wouldnt be overly concerned - I applied only one coat, (was rushing) in Oct last year. My wash technique was snowfoam with Cotton Candy, rinse, wash with a good shampoo and dry with a good microfiber drying towel and it only started showing signs of needing topping up in Feb. Will be applying two coats this year though! ;)

Have you enough for a full body coat? If not, Id even suggest giving a layer or two to the lower half of the car, for good protection over the winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

What shampoo do you use Curran ?

I bought this stuff and i find it very good, no sno foam lance yet though so it's just a good rinse beforehand and do the car in 8 parts rinse-shampoo-rinse etc

g12664.jpg

That one is fine Supergurrier! Its pH neutral, so is wax safe.

The thing to look out for is a shampoo that is wax safe and that offers good lubrication. It doesnt necessarily have to suds up very well! Some just suds up like mad for show and are useless. I know it sounds daft, but, after using various shampoos, you can actually feel if the shampoo is well lubed or slippy.....it'll glide better across the paintwork!! I'm not nuts....honest! :o:p

I use Autoglym's latest shampoo...purple and smells great - not the best lubrication for the amount that you'd normally put into a wash bucket, but I've a 25l trade drum of it, and Im not shy when adding shampoo to the wash bucket! Its almost 50:50, water:shampoo! :D Not quite, but you get the idea! Poor dilution ratios from it in comparrison to other shampoos so not the best value for money, but when you buy it in bulk its a bit different! ;)

I was just looking for one that emulsifies as i don't have a snow foam lance yet and seemed like decent value

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I was just looking for one that emulsifies as i don't have a snow foam lance yet and seemed like decent value

You'll get a good one at a good price on www.detailingshed.com ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Do you mean Wolf's maintenance products, for the best finish?

If so, I wouldnt be overly concerned - I applied only one coat, (was rushing) in Oct last year. My wash technique was snowfoam with Cotton Candy, rinse, wash with a good shampoo and dry with a good microfiber drying towel and it only started showing signs of needing topping up in Feb. Will be applying two coats this year though! ;)

Have you enough for a full body coat? If not, Id even suggest giving a layer or two to the lower half of the car, for good protection over the winter!

Ah,
    Yes the wolfs body wrap.
    I would say I have enough for 2 coats.

I have a gallon of Cotton Candy and a nice supply of CG Maxi Suds 2.

You reckon I would be ok with that.?
    I would have thought the shine would die off pretty quick.

• Advertisement

Yeah you'll be good. The shine off mine was savage right up until it started showing signs of fading. That was just claying and sealing...no polishing before hand. Obviously the right products would be best, but I wasn't disappointed without them ;)

2 coats of Jetseal and 2 coats of Megs NXT 2.0 Wax:

photo1go.jpg

Clayed the car...no polish; will do a job on it in the Spring....just wanted the paintwork protected for the winter!

Treated to two coats of Wolf's Body Wrap
    Windows have Wolf's Glass Guard

Pictures arent the best as they are off the phone! :)

Morning dew...

2012-10-13082254.jpg

One from above after a bit of light rain!

2012-10-14122536.jpg

Not bad eh! :)

2012-10-14180927.jpg

Toledo got a wash and a fresh coat of Britemax Vantage yesterday, this wax just has to be the easiest wax I have ever used.
    Woke up to rain this morning:
    Pics from phone so not the best

WP_000155.jpg?t=1351674629

WP_000156.jpg?t=1351674653

Nice reflections as well :)

WP_000149.jpg?t=1351674424

WP_000148.jpg?t=1351674350

WP_000157.jpg?t=1351674699

Octy got a wash as well yesterday.
    Same wax is about a week old on this

WP_000154.jpg?t=1351674575

WP_000152.jpg?t=1351674506

WP_000151.jpg?t=1351674496

WP_000150.jpg?t=1351674424

gollywog wrote: »
    I was thinking of stripping all my protection off, starting from scratch and putting on a couple of coats of a good sealant under the wax for the winter.
    Might be overkill though as just the wax is still beading like a mother after 3 months

What kind of winter protection products are you currently using ?

Payday tomorrow and need to visit cleancar.ie as all i have on my yoke is a coat of wax atm, driving daily on mucky backroads is wrecking my head big clumps of muck sticking to the car :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Payday tomorrow and need to visit cleancar.ie as all i have on my yoke is a coat of wax atm, driving daily on mucky backroads is wrecking my head big clumps of muck sticking to the car :pac:

I haven't gotten around to my winter protection yet i'm afraid :o

But i'll be ordering britemax extreme elements sealant to go under the britemax vantage wax.

That wax in unbelievable, best and easiest ive ever used, you just cant mess it up!

I would suggest Wolfs Body wrap or Wolfs Hard body for you.
    Only thing is I think you have to order it from the UK.
    Muck literally falls off the car with this stuff.

You could also prep it and put a few coats of Collinite 7476/URL] on it.

Thanks lads

Some Collinite 845 Beading

Definately Tighter beads than the Britemax Vantage.
    Much glossier looking as well.

No prep really. washed and dried the car and banged a coat of 845 on top. This was done 2 days ago in about 30 minutes flat :D

WP_000102_zps23361056.jpg

WP_000101_zpse7d76a79.jpg

WP_000100_zps367f72f7.jpg

WP_000098_zps9e956f4b.jpg

WP_000099_zps8b352914.jpg

It fvcking took you long enough!! :P

Nice beads :D

• Advertisement

Nice work Vectra!!

Thats some mighty fine beading! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Taken a few days ago on the phone sorry if quality isn't great.
    Applied Klasse all in one about two and bit months ago.
    Still beading nicely
    Looking to redo the protection (a proper 5 or so hour detail:D) in January so will take proper pictures then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yep about 5 hours should do it :D.

Looking good Ron!

Must wash my own and see how she's beading....its so dirty at the moment, that it wont bead! :o

** NO BEADING HERE **

Just to show members what you can achieve with a DA and some patience
    I started with this on the Toledo

NicksPaintbeforecorrection_zps0099c6b2.jpg

And ended up with this :cool:

537859_587541714606312_354650181_n.jpg

Great work Vectra...you'd swear it was paint work from an 2011 car, not a 2001!

Hadnt washed my own in almost three months! :eek: :o Got out on Friday to give it some TLC
    Had washed the wheels when I took the pics...spent 45 mins on getting them right alone! :rolleyes:

20130104_115305.jpg

20130104_115335.jpg

Car was protected with Wolfs Body Wrap back in Oct, the last time it was cleaned! Just a quick wash to freshen her up really!

Snow-foamed
    Rinsed with Power Washer
    Two bucket method
    Rinsed with Power Washer
    Dried

After drying

20130104_131139.jpg

Decided to give it a quick coat of a gloss enhancer - "Perfection" by Orchard Autocare...simple spray on, spread and buff! Can be applied to anything; paintwork, glass, trim...I felt it added a fair bit of depth and gloss to the paint! But was hard to tell in these photos as the sun had gone in!

20130104_132926.jpg

Am really impressed with the beading though, for such an easy product to apply...wonder how durable it will be thought!
    Pics taked today after probably 75 miles!

20130107_112524.jpg

20130107_112535.jpg

Beading on the glass from the insdie

20130107_112609.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Keep in mind i'm new to this game so don't be hard on me :p

Back in september Curran recommended AG Extra Gloss Protection to me. Back then I clayed the car, Polished with SRP and then did 3 coats of EGP. I then did 1 top up coat in early december and this is how it's holding up.

img0375uqf.jpg

EDIT: Goddamn second image keeps turning upside down when it gets onto boards but is fine everywhere else!! Fvckin' leave it out so!

Good work Ded_Zebra!

EGP is such an under rated sealant...probably because a lot of people just lash it on and dont prepare the paint correctly. Its quite a duruable sealant and it looks very well on light coloured cars!....As you have shown! ;)

• Advertisement

I recently got Collonite 476s and here's a few pics of its beading whcih is actually better than any Meguiar's wax I've used before!

photo1fw.jpg

photo2jz.jpg

photo4xe.jpg

photo5sho.jpg

And I know it's not a great picture but will have more soon but here's the driver's window after being treated with the Gtechniq SmartGlass:

photo6or.jpg

Advertisement